Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree136Likes

Thread: Convince me why I should submit to the inquiry

AVF Regular

Convince me why I should submit to the inquiry

(Purely a Devil's Advocate post here so please dont take it personal. Please just address the point)

Pretend that I'm a person who has enough nicotine to last the next 10 to 15 years.

Pretend that that I'm able to make my All-Day-Vape eliquid at less than 10c/mL.

Pretend that I'm worried that if vaping were to be legalised in Australia, there's a chance that high taxes will be implemented on local vaping products, and potential bans on DIY nicotine imports.

Pretend that most smokers I've tried to help switch have turned down vaping despite being supplied with everything they needed to switch.

Convince me why I should submit to the inquiry.
    Bathory, staceman101 and jedw757 like this.

AVF Regular
    Queensland Between Brisbane and Gold Coast
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleVapes View Post
    (Purely a Devil's Advocate post here so please dont take it personal. Please just address the point)

Pretend that I'm a person who has enough nicotine to last the next 10 to 15 years.

Pretend that I'm worried that if vaping were to be legalised in Australia, there's a chance that high taxes will be implemented on local vaping products, and potential bans on DIY nicotine imports.

Pretend that most smokers I've tried to help switch have turned down vaping despite being supplied with everything they needed to switch.

Its the right thing to do.It our right fir choice to vape. Its a step in saving a billion lives. Full stop .Kapish

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    PurpleVapes and jane808 like this.
    Life is about choices. Some we regret, some we’re proud of. Some will haunt us forever. The message: we are what we chose to be.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by JakeFloyd View Post
    Its the right thing to do
    That is a good point.

Those who watched all of season 3 know how relevant this image is

AVF Regular
    Where the spectre of Bjelke-Petersen still looms...A Banana Republic inside a Banana Republic
    Because even if your fears are realised, you made an effort to be involved in the process and direct political opinion to suit your personal situation. Non-participation means you have less of a chance of getting things your way. At least you tried and then you can go back to business as usual.

Mind you, I'm more cynical than most about the interaction between civic society and the political class in this country. Protesting in Europe? Get heard, get results. Protesting in Australia? Farting in a thunderstorm. They just do the bad thing anyway. Apathy is only natural when those who are supposed to follow opinion only follow the opinion with the biggest campaign contribution attached.
    PATDACAT likes this.
    Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Quality Australian Made eJuice: Bunyip Vapes

AVF Regular

You'll be right, Jack

This one of the things it's vital to make clear on your submission. For vaping to successfully combat smoking in Australia it has to be lightly taxed, with no more than the GST. The govt has made tobacco unreachable for working class Australians, and a burden for just about everyone else. All they have to do is making vaping cheaply available for it to work. If anyone did not put this in their submission, please feel free to put in a supplementary position because you missed half the point.

Of course it didn't work. You can't help people by giving them stuff. You really help people by allowing to help themselves and for many smokers in Australia that will need light touch legislation.

The ONLY way that most people will be able to switch to vaping is if they can buy what they need easily, and that includes (or especially) liquids with nicotine in them.

The biggest roadblocks to getting smokers to quit right now, is the lack of good quality information to both the public and health care professionals, and the effective prohibition on nicotine.

The issue should not just be whether it's the right thing to do, but convincing them to do it in the right way with light touch regulations and light taxation.

Vaping probably saved your life... Don't be a Jack (expletive we used in the army) and do your best so that collectively we can make sure the government gives the same opportunity to every smoker in Australia.
    margyb likes this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    sorry, my habit is at the cleaners...so all preaching is off until the purple robes are pristine... and that could take many many many years.. and I may forget what I was being encouraged to preach about...

Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.

AVF Regular

Because you care!

Otherwise you wouldn't be here helping others like myself with your knowledge and expertise.
    gert, margyb and Fenix Vapours like this.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by 1ynne View Post
    sorry, my habit is at the cleaners...so all preaching is off until the purple robes are pristine... and that could take many many many years.. and I may forget what I was being encouraged to preach about...
    Ha ha ...

Although that may have been posted in jest, I agree with the sentiments. I actually don't care what happens to smokers, especially the large percentage of those who (according to a survey) would prefer vaping to be banned. I also don't care for the passive aggressive elements of the vaping community who think it's my job to preach to smokers on what they should or shouldn't do ... it's their right to do what they want and not up to me to tell them any different.

What I do care about are those who have committed to take up vaping and need help in adjusting to their new choice in not smoking. Which is one of the reasons AVF exists ... to help the newer people. I also care if a smoker comes up to me and asks me about it, but don't really care if they don't.

All the above doesn't mean I won't create a submission, or that I will ... I prefer to keep that close to my chest.
    gert, margyb, Fatman and 7 others like this.
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

AVF Regular

don't, if you don't want to

long live free will
    gert, margyb, gtadmin and 4 others like this.
    "Vapers- The evangelical vegans of the smoking community"
    Quote Originally Posted by btobw View Post
    1 vote for DogMan because squonkers, dogs, chooks and brevity

AVF Regular
    As time goes by state governments are going to come down on vaping harder and harder as they lump it in with smoking. If federal can put a stop to that it is a massive win.
    Last cigarette, 11:00 AM 11th March 2015.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast