• 10 Post By Crisscross
  • 1 Post By shaneo
  • 1 Post By stylemessiah
  • 3 Post By Crisscross
  • 1 Post By Bathory

Thread: International lung screen trial

AVF Regular

International lung screen trial

Not sure if this is in the right place so feel free to move.

I saw a segment on one of the news shows about a trial that is looking at the validity of public screening for lung canceer in the same way breast and other cancers are offered. After a bit of investigation I found the full information and the link below is the call for registrations.

As a former chronic smoker (50+ a day) my biggest fear as I age, is Lung Cancer. Both parents died of lung disease, so while I still qualify I am going to try and register to join the trial. Aside from being something I am interessted in and have some history with, I would like to be monitored for any early detection methods I can. I also secretely hope that if I participate and anything untoward is found I will know the people to talk to for any new treatment methods.

Many of the folks here would fall into the eligible catagory and it might assist the study to have vapers included. I do not know whether vaping will exclude participation but as soon as I know I will post any updates.

This is the link to the request for trial participants. I left a message and I am awaiting return phone calls.

https://www.thermh.org.au/research/clinical-trials/7357
    Last edited by Crisscross; 25-06-17 at 07:33 PM.
    gert, margyb, gtadmin and 7 others like this.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

AVF Regular
    Im due to have a lung X ray and function test on my lungs
    Im keen to see my results

Quote Originally Posted by Crisscross View Post
    Not sure if this is in the right place so feel free to move.

I saw a segment on one of the news shows about a trial that is looking at the validity of public screening for lung canceer in the same way breast and other cancers are offerred. After a bit of investigation I found the full information and the link below is the call for registrations.

As a former chronic smoker (50 a day) my biggest fear as I age is Lung Cancer. Both parents died of lung disease, so while I still qualify I am going to try and register to join the trial. Aside from being something I am interessted in and have some history with I would like to be monitored for any early detection methods I can. I also secretely hope that if I participate and anything untoward is found I will know the people to talk to for any new treatment methods.

Many of the folks here would fall into the eligible catagory and it might assist the study to have vapers included. I do not know whether vaping will exclude participation but as soon as I know I will post any updates.

This is the link to the request for trial participants. I left a message and I am awaiting return phone calls.

https://www.thermh.org.au/research/clinical-trials/7357
    Crisscross likes this.

Big shout out to AVF and Everyone that helped me on my Journey to quit the the Death Sticks

AVF Regular
    I have an old pre vaping chest film here, and id be interested to see if theres any change, i know ive seen at least one person who's had comparison xrays done and saw a change...i think his were 5 years apart, form pre-vaping to vaping

Just checked, im not 55, so...
    shaneo likes this.
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Pushing back against the vendor wall, one damn stupid post at a time...

Not on as many ignore lists as you think....

Handy shopping links:
    Mods With Issues (Often On Discounted Flash Sale) Last Updated 13/10/17

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by stylemessiah View Post
    I have an old pre vaping chest film here, and id be interested to see if theres any change, i know ive seen at least one person who's had comparison xrays done and saw a change...i think his were 5 years apart, form pre-vaping to vaping

Just checked, im not 55, so...
    I also have previous before and after lung x-rays and lung function tests for comparison (1 year after quit date) The x-rays were inconclusive but the lung function test results were a marked improvement. No up to the level of a never smoked but a long way from a smokers and my initial ones.
    shaneo, stylemessiah and AllyP like this.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    I know it's not a scientific test. Also too it seems to come from a shop. But it is good to see.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMYLTcNNQEI xrays start at 1;18 mins.

Here's a pic from the utube
    Crisscross likes this.