Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Like Tree128Likes

Thread: Vaporised Nicotine Bill currently before the Federal Senate

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Nothingexpert View Post
    I vape and ride all the time. I had a fellow rider following me one night on my way home. He pulled up next to me at the lights and asked if I was vaping. When I confirmed, he remarked he could smell it. I just use a VT Nano with an Aromamizer on top, tucked into the jacket pocket.
    Oh my gosh--that man could double as a sniffer dog,
    BTW, what flavour were you vaping?
    gtadmin and Jemor like this.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Something we have to come to terms with is that HnB products, if they were in the medicinal/recreational non-tobacco botanical category, would be described as vaping by certain people and the concept is actually vapourising the nicotine in tobacco by heating it to a sub-combustion temperature. It might not be the same thing, but unfortunately, the po-theeds have gotten to the same place at the same time as us.
    I saw a research paper that said HnB produces substantial amounts of the same toxins as cuombustile cancer sticks through Pyrolysation (sp), ie. it is nowhere near as harm reduced as vaping is.
    I'll see if I can find the link.
    margyb and Jemor like this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

AVF Regular
    Where the spectre of Bjelke-Petersen still looms...A Banana Republic inside a Banana Republic
    Quote Originally Posted by Noe View Post
    I saw a research paper that said HnB produces substantial amounts of the same toxins as cuombustile cancer sticks through Pyrolysation (sp), ie. it is nowhere near as harm reduced as vaping is.
    I'll see if I can find the link.
    Oh I'm not arguing the harm reduction efficacy. I've seen the article from NZ and I don't trust BT. All I'm saying is that as long as the two processes are both considered vaping (albeit different processes/ingredients), there is a potential legitimising effect.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    Noe and Jemor like this.
    Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

AVF Regular
    Where the spectre of Bjelke-Petersen still looms...A Banana Republic inside a Banana Republic
    Quote Originally Posted by gert View Post
    Oh my gosh--that man could double as a sniffer dog,
    BTW, what flavour were you vaping?
    Rasmus I think from memory.
    Actually a friend could smell Loaded Smores while following me on a ride.
    gert likes this.
    Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Quote Originally Posted by gert View Post
    The election is coming up but that wont change anything no matter which side wins.

The same wowsers will still be entrenched in the public service. They will make sure hefty fines are applied and public shaming and whippings are administered...frequently.
    Here's an option

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    fabricator4 likes this.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Quote Originally Posted by blox4u View Post
    Here's an option

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Please Explain!
    gert, rockmoose and blox4u like this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Jemor View Post

What they (police) don't like is punks "clouding" in their faces on purpose and neither do I for that matter.
    PMSL I know quite a few members of the constabulary that vape nik even in their police stations, are they going to arrest themselves?
    gert and Jemor like this.
    Lest in self defence it be,
    Harm you none,
    So may it be!

AVF Regular
    As to how far this proposed bill will go I am not going to take any bets. Regardless of what you think of the seanators parading this bill at least some one has had the intestinal fortitude to do something. Be it a vote catching exercise or nay is a pointless debate. I like the idea that if passed the TGA will be told to P.O.Q. as well as the Cancer Council morons. My main worry is if this is passed and BT is allowed to swamp the market with their stuff from what I have seen of some of it, being crap, will be still be able to have our mods, tanks and juice with nik if we wish to buy it from OS.

Will vape stores be allowed to mix their own or we for that matter using nik bases as a lot of us do now?
    Jemor likes this.
    Lest in self defence it be,
    Harm you none,
    So may it be!

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingfox12 View Post
    PMSL I know quite a few members of the constabulary that vape nik even in their police stations, are they going to arrest themselves?
    The struggle to quit the stinkies affects all. Probably the only arrests would be by some nasty zealot.I 'm guessing few Police would bother if they could avoid it.
    Security people are a different bucket of fish though. Years ago at the Royal Bris Hospital, after some long days and nights I managed to get outside and sit under the trees and lit up.All the naughty smokers around me melted away as the security person actually ran down the hill when he spotted me. I watched this unfit porky man running to stop someone having a cigarette.
    After a bawling out and threats of a fine a lady came up to me and said "My husband used to work with 'im, he used to be a smoker"
    The authorities have now unfortunately put vaping in the same basket as cigarettes.
    We just have to wait and see if vapers are tormented to the same degree as smokers are. I doubt the average Policeman would care less though.
    Last edited by gert; 01-07-17 at 10:58 AM.
    flyingfox12 and Jemor like this.

AVF Regular
    Oh I'm not arguing the harm reduction efficacy. I've seen the article from NZ and I don't trust BT. All I'm saying is that as long as the two processes are both considered vaping (albeit different processes/ingredients), there is a potential legitimising effect.

I agree...though I'd just rather BT EITHER make cigarettes OR Vapes.... my reasoning tells me they shouldn't have it both ways...period!!
    flyingfox12 likes this.
    Jemor

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast