Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Like Tree128Likes

Thread: Vaporised Nicotine Bill currently before the Federal Senate

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingfox12 View Post
    PMSL I know quite a few members of the constabulary that vape nik even in their police stations, are they going to arrest themselves?
    Yet another reason why it needs sorted..

Just in case you got me wrong Fox... I was referring to the young punks that blow cig smoke and/or vape smoke in their face being smart...especially when they are mistaken for smoking in a non smoke area...not because they vape. No one likes either purposely blown in their face, but vapor is definitely a better choice, but incidences like that don't help anyone....especially us.
    Jemor

AVF Regular
    As to how far this proposed bill will go I am not going to take any bets. Regardless of what you think of the seanators parading this bill at least some one has had the intestinal fortitude to do something. Be it a vote catching exercise or nay is a pointless debate. I like the idea that if passed the TGA will be told to P.O.Q. as well as the Cancer Council morons. My main worry is if this is passed and BT is allowed to swamp the market with their stuff from what I have seen of some of it, being crap, will be still be able to have our mods, tanks and juice with nik if we wish to buy it from OS.

Will vape stores be allowed to mix their own or we for that matter using nik bases as a lot of us do now?
    I can't find it now, but this latest Bill was under Consumer Law Committee from memory, not health which is where the inquiry is. So somewhere, someone is going to have to be told a few facts you would think. Consumer Law would have vaping legal and normal consumer governances with health warnings, probably nothing more required. (This is where I'd like it I reckon) It's getting interesting no matter how you look at it.
    margyb and flyingfox12 like this.
    Jemor

AVF Regular
    A little off topic, but I ended up in Casualty at our local public hospital yesterday so when asked about smoking told them I quit 5 weeks ago...then said I now vape...the nurse said that's good. I asked if that would be noted and she said they have to note vaping now. So to me that's a step in the right direction also.

P.S..sorry for all the posts but can't multi task today.
    Last edited by Jemor; 01-07-17 at 01:26 PM.
    gert, margyb, gtadmin and 4 others like this.
    Jemor

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Jemor View Post
    A little off topic, but I ended up in Casualty at our local public hospital yesterday so when asked about smoking told them I quit 5 weeks ago...then said I now vape...the nurse said that's good. I asked if that would be noted and she said they have to note vaping now. So to me that's a step in the right direction also.

P.S..sorry for all the posts but can't multi task today.
    It's interesting the reaction of Medical staff toward Vaping.. most staff are for it.
    I rather expected the opposite reaction - it was a surprise to find them quite supportive..
    flyingfox12 and Jemor like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by gert View Post
    It's interesting the reaction of Medical staff toward Vaping.. most staff are for it.
    I rather expected the opposite reaction - it was a surprise to find them quite supportive..
    Yes Gert, medical staff that do not get kick backs from Pharma Co's but most GP's that get interesting gifts from Pharma reps seem not that interested in promoting products that have nothing in it for them. My own Gp was agahst when I told her that I quit smoking through vaping. Her response was that I do not know what I am vaping in my concentrates. At least she stated that Phamacutical products are thoroughly tested before they are made available to the general public. I replied stating that is why their patches gave me a rash and their gum and other oral rubbish made me vomit. She then shrugged her shoulders and said its your funeral. Another GP I went to was for it but with reservations. What I am surprised about is we have heard nothing on this new legislation from Collin Mendelson or the president, and I do not know if he still is, of the NNA AU. I had a quick look at the submissions and I could not spot any that would resemble theirs.
    Lest in self defence it be,
    Harm you none,
    So may it be!

AVF Regular
    What I am surprised about is we have heard nothing on this new legislation from Collin Mendelson or the president, and I do not know if he still is, of the NNA AU. I had a quick look at the submissions and I could not spot any that would resemble theirs.
    They haven't loaded any new submissions onto the Inquiry website for over a week - I know for sure there are a heap to be uploaded - patience grasshopper
    margyb likes this.
    Tootle Puffing Provari Fan Gal & Newbie Squonker

AVF Regular
    Yes Gert, medical staff that do not get kick backs from Pharma Co's but most GP's that get interesting gifts from Pharma reps seem not that interested in promoting products that have nothing in it for them. My own Gp was agahst when I told her that I quit smoking through vaping. Her response was that I do not know what I am vaping in my concentrates. At least she stated that Phamacutical products are thoroughly tested before they are made available to the general public. I replied stating that is why their patches gave me a rash and their gum and other oral rubbish made me vomit. She then shrugged her shoulders and said its your funeral. Another GP I went to was for it but with reservations. What I am surprised about is we have heard nothing on this new legislation from Collin Mendelson or the president, and I do not know if he still is, of the NNA AU. I had a quick look at the submissions and I could not spot any that would resemble theirs.
    Have to expect mixed reactions by Drs I guess.
    When a family member was at the Mater Hospital in Brisbane we had quite a conversation with a couple of Drs regarding Vaping, they were all for it.
    Another lady I know has a wonderful GP who himself vapes..plus tries to talk her into quitting the cigs and vaping.
    margyb and Jemor like this.

AVF Regular
    What I am surprised about is we have heard nothing on this new legislation from Collin Mendelson or the president, and I do not know if he still is, of the NNA AU. I had a quick look at the submissions and I could not spot any that would resemble theirs.
    Fox I couldn't be certain about this, but to be fair to both there was the conference in Warsaw last week that they both attended and spoke at so they would've also had to prepare for that and probably were waiting for some extra input from other global positions from that before submitting to the Inquiry if indeed they do. What you probably don't realise is it is they along with others who are constantly speaking with and educating government profiles on the cause. They also have several articles on their websites pressing the Inquiry and current issues for all to see and they also have their own practice/business to attend to. You might want to check the video's out on youtube. Links are in the other thread.

Actually the whole 54 video's on the conference are great and well worth watching in my opinion.
    Noe and margyb like this.
    Jemor

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456