Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree128Likes

Thread: Vaporised Nicotine Bill currently before the Federal Senate

AVF Regular

Vaporised Nicotine Bill currently before the Federal Senate

As suggested by Jemor I have split this from the Federal Inquiry into the use of electronic cigarettes and personal vaperisers thread.

Vaporised Nicotine Bill which is before the Federal senate at the moment, its worth a read. If I understand correctly it is proposing to legalise Nicotine for Vapourising 20mg and below.

Quoted from the Bill

"The Bill has the effect of excluding e-cigarettes from regulation by the Therapeutic Goods Administration, consistent with the current exclusion of cigarettes from regulation by the Therapeutic Goods Administration. This will remove a Commonwealth barrier to the sale of e-cigarettes in Australia.

The Bill also confirms that the regulation of smoking at airports does not affect vaping (ie use of e-cigarettes) and that the ban on the advertising of smoking does not affect the advertising of vaping."

Here is the LINK to the bill.
    Noe, margyb, Cath Mort and 4 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Our Government can no longer ignore the medical evidence that Vaping is safer than smoking which includes Vaporising Tobacco leaves.

Lets hope we don't go down the EU route of restricting tanks to 2ml's.

I am hoping it will be more like the NZ regulation which is based on common sense.
    flyingfox12 and Jemor like this.

AVF Regular
    Thanks Chris... I believe it deserved it's own space.

But not to be confused with the current one...

The current one is an Inquiry... this is a Bill. 2 very different things, however both equally important.
    margyb and chris_vaper like this.
    Jemor

Super Moderator
    Interesting ... Sen Leyonhjelm and Roberts appear to be proposing that nicotine in a vaping solution under 20 mg be exempted from the poisons schedule in the same manner that tobacco is under the act ... clever bit of work seeing as tho current legislation in some states is based on the whole ( faulty) premise that vaping IS the same as tobacco that the Government is using to control vaping ... How dare someone use the Govts faulty logic against it !!!

Almost does my heart good to see a Pollie recognising and calling out Hippocracy when he sees it ( even if I dont agree with half the other stuff going on lol )

The Bill if passed would also effectively separate vaping from combustion ... which would really blow the recent legislation direction out of the water ... I give it a small chance tho .. unfortunately
    Last edited by Fatman; 29-06-17 at 12:35 PM.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

Super Moderator
    http://parlinfo.aph.gov.au/parlInfo/...lication%2Fpdf

Link to explanatory notes accompanying the proposal ... he draws the 20mg from the European TPD ... while IMO not apt to us as we stand, it at least layers a level of protection to whats in our tanks while we vape ? Perhaps the way to go forward IS indeed to have a Vaping Limit on ready to use products , and perhaps introduce an "importation license" ( at hopefully a small fee?) for those who wish to import higher strength and DIY ?
    Not perfect , but workable?
    Last edited by Fatman; 29-06-17 at 12:55 PM.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    This is a "Watch this space".
    We all know Big Tobacco are ready to release their Vaping products as soon as they are deemed legal.
    Snidely_Whiplash and Jemor like this.

AVF Regular
    My only 5 cents worth is that it's being led by two of the undoubtedly mad as cut snakes senators...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    gert, Fatman, Fractal and 5 others like this.
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Handy shopping links:
    Mods With Issues (Often On Discounted Flash Sale) Last Updated 25/06/17

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatman View Post
    http://parlinfo.aph.gov.au/parlInfo/...lication%2Fpdf

Link to explanatory notes accompanying the proposal ... he draws the 20mg from the European TPD ... while IMO not apt to us as we stand, it at least layers a level of protection to whats in out tanks while we vape ? Perhaps the way to go forward IS indeed to have a Vaping Limit on ready to use products , and perhaps introduce an "importation license" ( at hopefully a small fee?) for those who wish to import higher strength and DIY ?
    Not perfect , but workable?
    I agree FM... there has to be a limit of some sort. I'm not in the position to decide what it is, but from what I see 18mg-24mg is recommended by most for new mtl vapers and it seems DL only use 3-6mgs anyway so I think this is a least a good starting point.

As you say a small licence might be the way to go especially for e-liquid manufacturers of up to 100mg could probably work also. Not a big ask I wouldn't think. My head is not into DIY but wouldn't there be a way to increase that limit if needed anyway? as in say 50% vg and put 2 x 20ml with 50%vg = 40mg/100%vg? I'm not that good at that so will leave that to others.

As for the rest they are essentially saying remove from TGA at current rate and remove from association with tobacco in everything else, including advertising, airport etc.

And this is the best bit... "Adults should be allowed to make their own decisions regarding the use of e-cigarettes, even
    if those decisions involve the risk of personal harm and are considered to be mistakes."

Also note that Senator Roberts is the One Nations Senator for Queensland, so that is good news for QLDer's also.

As said...early days and it has to go through, but at least it's the right direction for the moment and there seems to be a lot of Senators now speaking up since the gates were opened awhile ago, so may get passed.

I'm sure the Inquiry can only help this too.
    margyb and Cath Mort like this.
    Jemor

AVF Regular
    Sydney (or lurking in the shadows behind you)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatman View Post
    I give it a small chance tho .. unfortunately
    Quote Originally Posted by chris_vaper View Post
    We all know Big Tobacco are ready to release their Vaping products as soon as they are deemed legal.
    Quote Originally Posted by stylemessiah View Post
    My only 5 cents worth is that it's being led by two of the undoubtedly mad as cut snakes senators...

1. Fatman ,
    2. chris_vaper
    3. stylemessiah

may all be right

Note for Style
    googles "vigorousities",
    hides FB link under it ???
    Fatman likes this.

I Do Whatever I Want,
    Whenever I Want,
    And If It Doesn't Suit You,
    Go Start Your Own Empire
    Anything I write on AVF is purely my opinion and should never be read as fact!
    (or I could just be wrong)
    Please read the AVF rules: http://forums.aussievapers.com/forum...ions-bans.html
    (or wait for Johnny Depp to do the movie)

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by chris_vaper View Post
    Agreed..but I think mostly they've missed the boat on this one. I for one don't trust them. Just wish I knew which products were theirs as they can/do change their companies names and add more when needed...LOL
    Jemor

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast