• 2 Post By Wombats1
  • 5 Post By Noe
  • 2 Post By Nothingexpert
  • 1 Post By Wombats1

Thread: In the West today?

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

In the West today?

https://thewest.com.au/news/wa/wa-e-...-ng-b88522950z

I might be stupid or "blissfully unaware" but, according to this article, it is ILLEGAL for me to vape nicotine e-liquid in WA?!?!

I simply don't understand this, I know that you can't buy or sell e-cigs and related goods in WA but I thought it was perfectly legal for me to import my own couple of months supply of nico juice for personal use...and have been doing this for a couple of years now, without issue.

Can anyone shed some light on this as no doubt I will have non-vaping friends quoting this article to me very soon.

The article just has me scratching my head.

AVF Regular
    Im no expert, but I use this definition.

Electronic cigarettes in Western Australia

It is very very murky in Western Australia,

Purchasing/selling juice without nic is ok, "apparently" though TC will not tell you so.

Use is allowed with or without nic according to what I have found with each "business" creating policy regarding use of vapes on premises.

Hope this helps
    Yonjuro likes this.
    Smoke free since april 2016

Thanks Wombats - the link you show is basically what my impression was too.

I always assume that you can't vape in a non-smoking area. That is a given really. but this article says this ;

“Furthermore, users may be blissfully unaware that it is illegal to sell or use nicotine-based e-cigarettes.” - my query is in regards the word "use"

AVF Regular
    Yes indeed,

"E-cigarettes have recently been the cause of disputes in some public places due to the confusion they may cause if used in areas where smoking is not allowed.

Owners/managers may choose to implement a policy applying to their premises which prohibits the use of e-cigarettes wherever smoking is prohibited."

Getting the policy makers to give an unambiguous answer to this question has been hellish, it remains unanswered by TC in WA, as is selling of eliquids without nic.

Good luck

Yeah I get the restricted area etc, that makes sense.

The article I linked, infers that I am acting illegally by using nicotine in an e-cig regardless of where I am.

It is completely likely that the source has left out detail in order to create a sensationalistic article. My query is only in regards to me as an individual vaping nico e-juice in an area where smoking is legal and allowed. As I am reading it, they are saying that it is illegal - full stop, and that people like me are "blissfully unaware" of this.
    Wombats1 likes this.

AVF Regular
    The whole possession of nic is clear as I read it. *probably incorrectly*

Not allowed except when imported under the PIS (personal importation scheme) which means we all have a script for three months supply. Or a script filled by a compounding pharmacist

Sadly few seem to know much, I was looking for PG, went to see a chemist in Australind he said go buy anti freeze from super cheap autos (ethelene glycol). (6 months back)

When I climbed off the ceiling, I got what I needed (a compounder) in another suburb.

Good luck policing nic possesion
    Yonjuro and ywfbi like this.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yonjuro View Post
    Yeah I get the restricted area etc, that makes sense.

The article I linked, infers that I am acting illegally by using nicotine in an e-cig regardless of where I am.

It is completely likely that the source has left out detail in order to create a sensationalistic article. My query is only in regards to me as an individual vaping nico e-juice in an area where smoking is legal and allowed. As I am reading it, they are saying that it is illegal - full stop, and that people like me are "blissfully unaware" of this.
    It is essentially illegal to possess nicotine in liquid form, without an appropriate license or prescription, anywhere in Australia. It however is not a banned substance for importation & no special permit or script or licence is needed to import even a 5 year supply if you want to but the second you take possession of it, without a license for handling it, you are in breach of the law.
    In practice, no one in WA has been arrested for using nicotine ejuice, that doesn't mean it won't happen but the police have bigger fish to fry & more serious matters to attend to than arresting someone for trying to quit smoking the wrong way.
    CMB, Fatman, shaneo and 2 others like this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

AVF Regular
    Where the spectre of Bjelke-Petersen still looms...A Banana Republic inside a Banana Republic
    Why is that video a part of the article? Guilt by association much?
    Noe and Yonjuro like this.
    Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Quality Australian Made eJuice: Bunyip Vapes

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nothingexpert View Post
    Why is that video a part of the article? Guilt by association much?
    Maybe they couldn't find anyone willing to give them a "money shot" of a huge cloud being blown?
    NFI what a bong has to do with ejuice though, unless they were going to use ejuice instead of water as the filtering agent?
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

AVF Regular
    Found this links to a .pdf

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&s...a3W24liMMow7IA

Tabled 29th last month.

Nice of the wa gov to ask for input
    rathalos likes this.