Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Like Tree208Likes

Thread: None of our inquiry submissions count

AVF Regular
    Yeah and Canberra Times is at it too dunno if it has been posted here if so sorry Big tobacco's push to legalise e-cigarettes needs to be quashed immediately
    DocM likes this.
    Lest in self defence it be,
    Harm you none,
    So may it be!

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingfox12 View Post
    Yeah and Canberra Times is at it too dunno if it has been posted here if so sorry Big tobacco's push to legalise e-cigarettes needs to be quashed immediately
    Opps sorry did not see rebs post
    Harm you none,
    So may it be!

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by gtadmin View Post
    I don't know about this being "lazy media" so much, it appears much more co-ordinated than that. I did read somewhere that Big Pharma considers liquid nicotine to be "their turf", and would fight tooth and nail to keep it that way.
    PMSL well who else makes Liquid Nicotine apart from HiLiq, and it seems they are upping their prices too. As much as I hate big Pharma I would equally hate to try to distil it myself.
    Harm you none,
    So may it be!

AVF Regular
    My my looks like the NNA Au and their friends have been sprung bad. Exposed: big tobacco's behind-the-scenes 'astroturf' campaign to change vaping laws Does this mean that all of us that took the time to write our own submissions have been now rendered worthless. A man from western Sydney, Hello L....3xxxx
    Sheesh and to think we all had a fighting chance. The NNA AU and their side kicks seem to have screwed it bad again like the time of the TGA submissions.
    laurie9300 likes this.
    Harm you none,
    So may it be!

AVF Regular
    My my looks like the NNA Au and their friends have been sprung bad. Exposed: big tobacco's behind-the-scenes 'astroturf' campaign to change vaping laws Does this mean that all of us that took the time to write our own submissions have been now rendered worthless. A man from western Sydney, Hello L....3xxxx
    Sheesh and to think we all had a fighting chance. The NNA AU and their side kicks seem to have screwed it bad again like the time of the TGA submissions.
    It's just rumor mongering as far as I'm concerned. Don't buy into these divide and conquer tactics from Chapman. You know he makes most of of this stuff up?

As far as the NNA is concerned, they are not even mentioned. I'm not sure what they are supposed to have done THIS TIME?

The submission campaign was entirely grass roots. Some vendors got involved in soliciting online submissions or some kind of tick and flick thing that finished up I don't know where (maybe still to be put up on the website). That's about the worst of it that I know of for sure. Chapman is just trying to discredit our efforts by invoking the name of big tobacco... it won't wash: I doubt the committee is fooled one moment because a submission is still a submission as long as it's truthful. That's the way it works.

The real travesty here is that ANTZ have us (Australians) programmed to run in circles every time PMI is mentioned, and we do, just like trained monkeys. Vapers should know better and show some bottle.
    gert, margyb, gtadmin and 8 others like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    I think we can put an end to NNA bashing, you're doing chimpys work for him....

I know they were incensed at the article, and planning a response.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    DogMan and AllyP like this.
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Handy shopping links:
    Mods With Issues (Often On Discounted Flash Sale) Last Updated 25/06/17

AVF Regular
    That's a bit of a daft interpretation, given a) who wrote the article and b) their quoted references

AllyP likes this.

AVF Regular
    NNA were deliberately ignored by all articles and focus put on Phillip Morris/ Big tobacco as a planned diversion tactic - Its not an unusual strategic tactic and is often seen in politics. (look at welfare politics)

Although it is interesting to see that SC would use it and that anti tobacco in general would allow it - It means that there is something wrong among their own ranks - I am not sure that I have really seen this before with them ....and I read alot - Although I am aware that there is a slowly growing group of support for smoking harm reduction growing among their own- which have been causing small splits

This particular tactic is usually used by groups/ representatives who are desperate to only highlight their own agenda when faced with alternative truth.

It also takes publicity from average jo - which dis-empowers them esp if they dont have wide access to the means of publicity etc for their cause

If you look at the article you will find that the group that he refers to instead was made in 2015 and appears to already have "been mothballed" (Not even active)
    Velvet Glove, Iron Fist: Slandering vapers

This allows him to spin his own 'suggested' narrative about big bad tobacco and astroturfing yada yada - with particular focus on Big tobacco because big tobacco is the big scary demon that scares anyone who hears the name - (even tho- pharma have thier hands in this mess too by holding hands with big tobacco through sharing invented products like sprays and patches- go figure ...)

Not bashing them but Its interesting to me also that The papers were not the only places to ignore the NNA and its members role in this .... Although I suspect that this is for other very different reasons? Hmmmm...
    Last edited by rebelagainstthemachine; 15-07-17 at 01:42 AM.
    Wombats1 and flyingfox12 like this.
    NNA AU and general vape advocacy in Australia summed up-
    There is nothing to see here- it has nothing to do with you or vapers - Its not your business...
    Secrecy for the greater good... Enemies are everywhere

"If you see something ...Say say nothing...
    Then drink to forget ..."
    One of us... one of us...one of us....

AVF Regular
    I agree, the PMI website "IDeserveToBeHeard" had been pretty much defunct, until PMI for some reason only known to them decided to fire it up. No doubt SC bookmarked it for reference. Whilst NNA-AU was ignored, VCA and vapers were "named". Personally, I think SC has lost the plot. Which I take as a good sign along with him losing control and threatening people. Although he deleted that Tweet, it was not before someone took a screenshot. On a slippery slope is SC

Quote Originally Posted by rebelagainstthemachine View Post
    NNA were deliberately ignored by all articles and focus put on Phillip Morris/ Big tobacco as a planned diversion tactic - Its not an unusual strategic tactic and is often seen in politics. (look at welfare politics)

Although it is interesting to see that SC would use it and that anti tobacco in general would allow it - It means that there is something wrong among their own ranks - I am not sure that I have really seen this before with them ....and I read alot - Although I am aware that there is a slowly growing group of support for smoking harm reduction growing among their own- which have been causing small splits

This particular tactic is usually used by groups/ representatives who are desperate to only highlight their own agenda when faced with alternative truth.

If you look at the article you will find that the group that he refers to instead was made in 2015 and appears to already have "been mothballed" (Not even active)
    Velvet Glove, Iron Fist: Slandering vapers

This allows him to spin his own 'suggested' narrative about big bad tobacco and astroturfing yada yada - with particular focus on Big tobacco because big tobacco is the big scary demon that scares anyone who hears the name - (even tho- pharma have thier hands in this mess too by holding hands with big tobacco through sharing invented products like sprays and patches- go figure ...)

Not bashing them but Its interesting to me also that The papers were not the only places to ignore the NNA and its members role in this .... Although I suspect that this is for other very different reasons? Hmmmm...

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Remember Nicola Roxon? Australia's health minister for a while. She was instrumental in the plain packaging of 'nails' occurring. Her family story changed things and minds. Media sway in the breeze and can be populists or immoral.
    One never knows what will happen when truth and fact are presented and the ill informed, self interested narcissists are running out of rhetoric. In PVs and 1Ls' link..." E-cigarettes are a multi-billion-dollar business overseas but the sale and personal possession of nicotine e-cigarettes is illegal in Australia". Did I get misinformed somewhere? I just hope the warders and room mates are friendly and like all the tv shows that I do!
    Last edited by DocM; 15-07-17 at 02:01 AM. Reason: punktuasian
    If I only knew now what I thought I knew then.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast