Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree208Likes

Thread: None of our inquiry submissions count

AVF Regular

None of our inquiry submissions count

The Sydney Morning Herald has labeled all our submissions to the inquiry as a covert astroturf by Big Tobacco.

Exposed: big tobacco's behind-the-scenes 'astroturf' campaign to change vaping laws

Surely this is warrant for a complaint?
    gert, margyb, DocM and 2 others like this.

AVF Regular
    DocM likes this.

What is a cat's favourite colour? Purrrrrrrple !

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    I read that article as well in The Age and was disgusted with it.
    Posted on the Journalists page on FB and emailed him as well. Terribly written article. So negative and with so many rubbish points.
    Really pissed about it.

AVF Regular
    Be careful PV. Our bullying, omnipotent 52 year old leader, from Sydney's Western Suburbs will smite thee, if you raise his ire.

Hilarious that they make us sound like anarchic subversives......I like it. I might subscribe.

And as for you, our war cry raising leader......I still loves ya.
    DocM and stylemessiah like this.
    Rabid non-smoker since 1630hrs 25/11/2016.

Pebble fondler, living life beyond the vertical.

AVF Regular
    Dont be fooled - the stories do count - this however is alot of smoke and mirrors push for public support against vaping and a lesson in why its important not to live in an online behind the scenes tea and coffee vaccum

In comparison - its the same sort of thing that abusers do - they loudly spread thier own story to any who will listen knowing that it will be very difficult for the abused to argue cause noone will believe them if the person they abuse are made to keep quiet

The message what ever it is has to be open clear and out there in the public domain or its easy just to spread lies and misinformation

Reading the comments - I notice not many are refuting the article in the comments section which at the time of me reading it had 256 reading the article- noone refuting nicotine addictiveness or what happened at the inquiry

As to the inquiry itself as well - unless people have bothered to sit through the the whole long livestream/ podcast I doubt that anyone knows what anyone really said or asked for in it - It hasnt even been mentioned here really - let alone the general population who only know what ANTZ has told them

People unless heavy into things do have a 5 minute attention span

So I agree purple it is warrant for complaint - but be prepared - that if there is any kind of apology - it will probably be lost in the opinion side or as a small comment somewhere deep in the paper

In which case - it will be a matter of swallowing it and moving on to your next strategy

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleVapes View Post
    The Sydney Morning Herald has labeled all our submissions to the inquiry as a covert astroturf by Big Tobacco.

Exposed: big tobacco's behind-the-scenes 'astroturf' campaign to change vaping laws

Surely this is warrant for a complaint?
    Wombats1 and FXVaper like this.
    Support the closed autocratic NNA AU lobby group-
    Give money, sign and fill what we say then STFU- its called unity!

You actually thought that your action & thoughts matter?Its "experts" only buddy
    Pfft don't like it?... go away and start your own
    All Hail the NNA AU vape overlords!
    Delete & block the negative! It never happened- its in the past MKAY?
    (or face members & supporters wrath & tears...)
    Infiltrate, Dominate & assimilate all unbelievers..Welcome to the new NNA AU echo chamber

AVF Regular
    It would be nice if we could fight on the basis of logic, and common sense--- but it seems that emotion and personal vendettas against Tobacco and Nicotine and whatever is found unpalatable to some are at the forefront..from the very people charged with guarding public health. We should expect more, but who is surprised,?
    Can they come forward with real concerns, like the particles thing or overheated juice? If so we are listening, because we would like to know about it too--
    But the girly wailing about "Oh, it looks like smoking" and " What about the cartoons on the labels" just illustrate they are clutching at ever decreasing straws.

Then we say, PHhhhhhhhht what else ya got? is that it- really????

Do they think the vaping public has the !Q of a Radish????
    AllyP and Jemor like this.

AVF Regular
    When this whole shebang first blew up, I was pretty sure it was a done deal. Support the vested interests, screw over the 'saving their own life, ex-smokers'.

I still don't know how we will come out of this, but I feel confident (at least as much as is possible when bureaucrats, and politicians are involved), that the committee are actually looking for the best way forward.

They do know how deceptive, coercive and just plain crooked the likes of BT, BP and the zealot Chapman are. I feel confident they are aware that his refusal to engage in real time debate, while constantly splashing his BS anywhere and everywhere with a Trump like zeal, show him to be nothing more than a self aggrandising ideologue, standing on the battlements of his castle of cards.

They are well aware of what is at stake here - corporate economy - global economy - millions of lives. This is not a matter to take lightly on the word of one, self appointed, expert on all things nicotine related.

As long as we, as a diverse community of ex-smokers, don't fall into the well used trap of 'divide and conquer', stay calm and stay true, we will be giving ourselves the best chance of survival.

The committee knows how passionate we are. They know how angry we are. They know how joyous we are that we have found a way out of the deadly clutches. They know the power, greed and total lack of humanity that we are up against.

Maybe I am deluding myself, but I do feel they will see the science being desperately covered with layers of rhetoric and lies. They will see the logical benefits of allowing tobacco addicted individuals to rid themselves of that horrible, shameful prison. The answer is already clear, they just need to negotiate the path.
    Noe, gert, margyb and 10 others like this.
    Rabid non-smoker since 1630hrs 25/11/2016.

Pebble fondler, living life beyond the vertical.

Super Moderator
    Bloody heck moose ... do you have a deep, booming voice to go along with that? If so, I think we have a spokesman's job in the offing
    gert, giruvian, Fatman and 6 others like this.
    Started vaping 28th October 2011

The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten. - Benjamin Franklin
    Just because you are offended doesn't mean you are right ...

Please read these rules

Read about signatures too

AVF Regular
    I still don't know how we will come out of this, but I feel confident (at least as much as is possible when bureaucrats, and politicians are involved), that the committee are actually looking for the best way forward.

Politicians and political parties couldn't give a stuff about us, they only exist for their own gain and control and will pander to anyone that provides funds for their next election campaign. Ai inquiry is only a means to pacify the masses while they satisfy their donors and agendas.
    gert likes this.
    Im going to create a disturbance in your mind.............Billy Thorpe

AVF Regular
    This journalistic shyte makes me so mad.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast