Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Let workers vape in office, Government plan suggests

AVF Regular
    Where the spectre of Bjelke-Petersen still looms...A Banana Republic inside a Banana Republic

Let workers vape in office, Government plan suggests

Let workers vape in office, Government plan suggests*
    Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Quality Australian Made eJuice: Bunyip Vapes

AVF Regular
    It's a good idea. Allowing vaping in more places might encourage people to take it up if they can't smoke there. I know in pubs it has had this effect in England.
    Nothingexpert and Cath Mort like this.
    Last cigarette, 11:00 AM 11th March 2015.

AVF Regular
    great idea can be bad in practice with the new phtotovoltic smoke alarms
    If you know it. Help someone
    If you dont know it. Ask

On land line is a inanimate object under water it has a life of its own.

AVF Regular
    I doubt this will happen in Australia...

I think Vaping only areas in Pubs/Clubs would be good.
    Cath Mort and 1ynne like this.

AVF Regular
    I'm not for this either. I couldn't stand being in a office with several vapers all vaping, or even one for that matter. To start with we must realise, although not harmful it does smell and can produce quite sickly smells when vapour is hanging in the air, and it does hang around for quite awhile in confined places with no good air circulation.

I'm all for vaping lounges and areas to vape, especially pubs and clubs (not with smokers), but in my opinion if you can't go a couple of hours whilst working without vaping then I reckon you might need to increase your nic a little to carry you through to a break time.

Respect from all sides is paramount for anything to last.

CMB
    AVF Regular
    If everyone else in the office is OK with it, then why not? It certainly shouldn't be a blanket ban. I'd prefer a cloudy office than employees going for a smoke every half an hour and smelling like ash trays.

As for the smell objection pffffttt some cologne and perfume absolutely stinks. The memories Chanel No 5 bring back whenever I smell it makes me want to puke...maybe I should kobby the government.

AVF Regular
    Leave it p to the employer to choose - Smoke free has probably gone too far anyways

This in the last few days for the SA hospital - this no doubt includes vaping etc and working with an already stressed bunch of people

Like the RAH, the no smoking rule applies at the new RAH also and surrounding health precinct
    http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/south-australia/like-the-rah-the-no-smoking-rule-applies-at-the-new-rah-also-and-surrounding-health-precinct/news-story/594ffe17a7961c166e0645d5a5c0150f

Why shouldnt people have a place to vape? Its stupid - Also in private business if the employer is for it- good- if you are not - dont work there- simples ...

Either way not hard to set a side a place for vaping ...

emu and FXVaper like this.
    ďBut I donít want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you canít help that," said the Cat: "weíre all mad here. Iím mad. Youíre mad."
    "How do you know Iím mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldnít have come here.Ē
    Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comic Database: Steve Hughes... Offended?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHMoDt3nSHs

AVF Regular
    I've worked in a small organisation where there were 2 people who were severe asthmatics. Our work place culture (by agreement) included not wearing perfume/aftershave etc., at work, and no cleaning chemicals that could be an issue. When you work with people who have to deal with asthma, you understand how difficult it can be for them (like really scary). So, I guess, I'm in favour of negotiation, I'm sure that something that suits all can be worked out if the parties involved are willing

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    What we need is an extraction device. I've experimented with making a personal device built into a drink bottle with 5v computer fans that blow the vapor through cotton wool filters but so far not been able to make a device that handles the air resistance of the filter. A 5v fan alone seems to be effective in dispersing vapor rapidly and eliminating nuisance clouds. A desktop fan with that is more powerful with a filter might work in an office. If anyone has any ideas of a better filter for a personal device with a small 5v fan I would be keen to know.

Problem here is smoking/vaping laws don't recognise these harm reduction devices and in Queensland in particular it is illegal to vape inside workplaces - we would need to convince authorities that we can effectively vape without causing nuisance to others which might be a hard job.

AVF Regular
    Activated carbon might be worth a try. I just don't know if it would get enough contact time. I'll dig some out and give it a try, when I find my stash.
    Rabid non-smoker since 1630hrs 25/11/2016.

Pebble fondler, living life beyond the vertical.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast