Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree334Likes

Thread: Senate Inquiry into e-cigarettes: deadline 4 August

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by gtadmin View Post
    "...
    (a) nicotine in electronic nicotine delivery systems in concentrations no greater than 20 mg/mL; and
    ..."

As written, this is the maximum to be allowed in your device, it doesn't specify the maximum you are permitted to buy (mind, that may be amended to correct that)
    I doubt they will even spot it. Mind you "loopholes" have never been a great way to use a set of regulations.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

Super Moderator
    While we have lazy regulators who attempt to cover everything by being loose in their wording, loopholes will always exist. At least this piece defines smoking as being a result of combustion, unlike many state govt who lump vaping products together with smoking, thereby creating what I perceive to be loopholes.
    DogMan likes this.
    Started vaping 28th October 2011

The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten. - Benjamin Franklin
    Just because you are offended doesn't mean you are right ...

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference.

Please read these rules

Read about signatures too

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    I'm thinking this is not a "write your story" submission: they are asking for comments on the proposed bill. The approach might need to be different. Or maybe stories are appropriate... I'll see what better brains than mine say.
    I wrote my story in reference to the bill. Ie I have vaped 4ish years and use 50mg pkus WTA

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
    "Vapers- The evangelical vegans of the smoking community"
    Quote Originally Posted by btobw View Post
    1 vote for DogMan because squonkers, dogs, chooks and brevity

CMB
    AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    I'm thinking this is not a "write your story" submission: they are asking for comments on the proposed bill. The approach might need to be different. Or maybe stories are appropriate... I'll see what better brains than mine say.
    Drop Leyonhjelm a line and explain to him. He is pretty responsive.

I would imagine it has come about through most vapers around the world being cloud chuckers these days and choofing down 30ml of 3mg a day rather than 3ml of 20mg.

It's worth letting him know that 20mg won't do much good for some people and probably a lot of the people that could benefit most from switching to vaping, eg. Long term heavy smokers. The 20mg limit does seem to be pretty arbitrary really (yes I know about the TPD)
    Fatman, Cath Mort, DogMan and 2 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Whisp View Post
    It says up to 20mg/ml. I'm sure that means so 20mg nic juice is the highest that can be sold etc..
    As I read it yes, I would be happy with 20mg/ml Personally I never vape anything over 18mg/ml and that being when I do not sub ohm. Like when I use my stealth mod, Just Fog. I have 18mg in that one. But when I use my Ijoy RTDA Mod with twin Juggernaught coils I have only 6mg/ml. Yes I know there are those that like high nic juices like Noe for instance. However 20mg is quite acceptable max I would venture to say.
    emu and jedw757 like this.

CMB
    AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingfox12 View Post
    As I read it yes, I would be happy with 20mg/ml Personally I never vape anything over 18mg/ml and that being when I do not sub ohm. Like when I use my stealth mod, Just Fog. I have 18mg in that one. But when I use my Ijoy RTDA Mod with twin Juggernaught coils I have only 6mg/ml. Yes I know there are those that like high nic juices like Noe for instance. However 20mg is quite acceptable max I would venture to say.
    What about Nic salts though? I am fine with a 20mg limit too, but not everyone is. Especially when the amount is pretty arbitrary.

I actually reckon it is safer to vape less of a higher nic content at a lower temperature than the way the majority are doing it now,and we really have only touched the tip of the iceberg with the "what's really in my juice" thing as far as vaping food flavours goes.
    gtadmin, Cath Mort, DogMan and 2 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by CMB View Post
    What about Nic salts though? I am fine with a 20mg limit too, but not everyone is. Especially when the amount is pretty arbitrary.

I actually reckon it is safer to vape less of a higher nic content at a lower temperature than the way the majority are doing it now,and we really have only touched the tip of the iceberg with the "what's really in my juice" thing as far as vaping food flavours goes.
    As I understand it, according to FlavourArt, not all food flavouring are safe to inhale either. That worries me also with purchases from unregulated. Though it could be said that TGA wouldn't know which those were either and would have to consult with the experts such as FA.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by CMB View Post

I agree CMB. I started out on 24mg, with the occasional 36mg toot and used these strengths for about 16 months. I'm down to 18mg now and have been for 3.5 years and vape around 4mls per day. I've tried going lower without success, 18mg is my sweet spot.

I still use doublers (one flav ADV), so if it was to be 20mg limit, that means once I add my doubler it will take it down 10mg! Forget it! I'd be back on the smokes in no time at all I hate to even think about that.... I can't believe I even said that! No way that's going to happen, EVER, trust me!

IMHO 36mg is the lowest possible strength you can work with, (or even 50mg), to have any chance of success.

Cheers,
    Cath
    CMB, FXVaper and Jemor like this.

AVF Regular
    The thing seems to be that those who are making these decisions are not consulting those that use/work with them to find the ultimate amount needed. Your case Cath is a clear example.
    Cath Mort likes this.

AVF Regular
    I would respectfully point out, the issue is not just about what satisfies the "everyday" joe. Long term smokers generally need higher nic levels. People with mental health issues are most likely to need higher nic levels - and I include myself in that group. When I have insufficient nic, it impacts on my mood, anxiety and basically everything. It's obvious from reading various people's posts that higher nic levels and WTAs are what keeps them on an even keel. 20mg is mediocre and might be satisfying to the middle of the road, but it will be of no help whatsoever to those who live at the far right of the bell curve in nicotine requirements. The laws around the legality of nic need to include everyone, not leave 20% (the most vulnerable) in a position where they still have to illegally import, or use snus (which may not be their preference) or more stupidly, wear patches in order to get sufficient nic into their system.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfox12 View Post
    CMB, Fatman, Cath Mort and 3 others like this.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast