Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree121Likes

Thread: Senate Inquiry into e-cigarettes: deadline 4 August

CMB
    AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Jemor View Post
    As I understand it, according to FlavourArt, not all food flavouring are safe to inhale either. That worries me also with purchases from unregulated. Though it could be said that TGA wouldn't know which those were either and would have to consult with the experts such as FA.
    If it went through the TGA the sponsors would be pharmaceutical companies and your choice of flavour would be mint, menthol or none for $69.95 per 1 week supply. A very bad idea.
    muscovyduckling, emu and Jemor like this.

emu
    AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by CMB View Post
    If it went through the TGA the sponsors would be pharmaceutical companies and your choice of flavour would be mint, menthol or none for $69.95 per 1 week supply. A very bad idea.
    Still better than smoking ( unflavoured that is)
    muscovyduckling likes this.

CMB
    AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by emu View Post
    Still better than smoking ( unflavoured that is)
    Dunno, I don't smoke, and haven't done for 5 and a half years. I am really enjoying vaping this butterscotch pistachio RY4 though

AVF Regular
    I hear ya CMB.... I'm not sure how we get it out of the TGA though. It really needs it's own classification, but how ever you look at it the TGA are still going to want to Schedule it in at least amounts used and therefore the suppliers would have to apply to TGA to have it approved, the way I understand it.

I see they have gums, patches etc in different schedules according to mg's. The higher the mg's the higher the schedule. If they could come at those same schedules for vaping I guess we'd have to live with it. What they don't understand is when it's mixed with vg/pg it's diluted and unless someone can give them a lesson on that I don't think they will change it. Afterall, I 'spose there needs to be a 'cut off' point and 50mg's sound good to me, but I wouldn't hold my breath on getting that unless the Psychiatrists etc. could get it there.

I think there needs to be at least up to 100mg's also for vendor's to be able to produce e juice at a reasonable price.

I don't know where that takes us in reference to this particular inquiry though.

Maybe we could just suggest they hold this inquiry until the current one has run it's course. I'm not sure they need this one just now. It doesn't really make sence if it all gets changed again.
    CMB likes this.

AVF Regular
    Im not very clever at times - but from what I can tell over time is that vapers and stakeholders - vendors manufactures etc so far have only really fought this battle via politicians and the TGA- not just here in Australia but also in other countries versions of the TGA

Its been a secretive battle - that in the end has nothing to do with science or vapers or smokers and everything to do with ideology and who will win an exclusive piece of the multi billion dollar vaping market

Alot of support for this approach from vapers from what I can tell has been knee jerk - because "they won't let us" do it any other way

Meanwhile TGA and its international cousins are bad for vaping bc it becomes medical (Which is also what corporate TB, TC, BP etc and other nasties are pushing for)

The way out of this loop might be through vapers taking a chance and pushing for novel approaches like pressuring pure science and consumer groups

As I said - not very smart at times and I know its been speculated that this approach would be ignored - but unless someone really tries- how will we ever know?

Quote Originally Posted by Jemor View Post
    .... I'm not sure how we get it out of the TGA though. It really needs it's own classification, but how ever you look at it the TGA are still going to want to Schedule it in at least amounts used and therefore the suppliers would have to apply to TGA to have it approved, the way I understand it.

Maybe we could just suggest they hold this inquiry until the current one has run it's course
    Last edited by rebelagainstthemachine; 23-07-17 at 02:04 PM.
    gtadmin, CMB and Wombats1 like this.
    NNA AU and general vape advocacy in Australia summed up-
    There is nothing to see here- it has nothing to do with you or vapers - Its not your business...
    Secrecy for the greater good... Enemies are everywhere

"If you see something ...Say say nothing...
    Then drink to forget ..."
    One of us... one of us...one of us....

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Cath Mort View Post
    I agree CMB. I started out on 24mg, with the occasional 36mg toot and used these strengths for about 16 months. I'm down to 18mg now and have been for 3.5 years and vape around 4mls per day. I've tried going lower without success, 18mg is my sweet spot.

I still use doublers (one flav ADV), so if it was to be 20mg limit, that means once I add my doubler it will take it down 10mg! Forget it! I'd be back on the smokes in no time at all I hate to even think about that.... I can't believe I even said that! No way that's going to happen, EVER, trust me!

IMHO 36mg is the lowest possible strength you can work with, (or even 50mg), to have any chance of success.

Cheers,
    Cath
    Doublers will go if nic is legal. Aussie vendors will sell the same recipes as RTV with nic up to 20mg.

I'm not posting this in favour of, nor against anything. Just pointing out the change.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by btobw View Post
    1 vote for DogMan because squonkers, dogs, chooks and brevity

AVF Regular
    What about Nic salts though? I am fine with a 20mg limit too, but not everyone is. Especially when the amount is pretty arbitrary.

I actually reckon it is safer to vape less of a higher nic content at a lower temperature than the way the majority are doing it now,and we really have only touched the tip of the iceberg with the "what's really in my juice" thing as far as vaping food flavours goes.
    Its a start. The TGA refused the NNA AU's proposal of 36mg, I feel, that we should not push too hard once the 20mg is passed and there is a strong chance it might be, then when all and sundry are satisfied that vapes / e-cigs are not a pandora's box then maybe we at a latter date it will be easier to up it to a higher level. As the proverbial saying goes: "Slowly Slowly Catchee Monkey"
    jedw757 likes this.

AVF Regular
    I have sent my submission as per the instructions on Dr. Collin Mendelson's website. To save any further debate here are the guidelines regarding discussing any submission in a forum.
    This was their auto reply when they received my submission

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wrote to the Committee. What happens now?
    Your email has been forwarded to the committee for consideration.
    The committee will write to you once your email has been considered.
    Will my name and submission be published on the internet?
    The committee may publish your name and submission on its website. Published submissions are searchable via internet search engines (e.g. Google) and cannot be removed.
    If you do not want your name and submission published on the internet you may write to the committee and request that your submission be accepted as either:
    Name withheld – published on the internet without your name, or
    Confidential – not published.
    You should include reasons for your request. The committee will write to you before any decision is made about publishing your submission.
    Can I publish or share my submission?
    If your submission has already been published by the committee, you can also publish or share it.
    If the committee has not published your submission, you should not publish or share it.
    If the committee has not published your submission and you would like to publish or share it, please contact the committee secretariat for advice.
    Can I speak to someone?
    If you would like to speak to a member of the committee secretariat, please call
    02 6277 3515.

Further information
    Submissions are protected by parliamentary privilege. This means that you are protected from legal proceedings if you make comments in your submission about other individuals or organisations.
    Information on making a submission.
    Information on public hearings.
    Last edited by flyingfox12; 23-07-17 at 10:00 PM.
    laurie9300 likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by DogMan View Post
    Doublers will go if nic is legal. Aussie vendors will sell the same recipes as RTV with nic up to 20mg.

I'm not posting this in favour of, nor against anything. Just pointing out the change.

Yes Doggie, Aussie Vendors and not every outlet that sells the stinkies.
    What can a service station or a newsagent that is not a vaper advise a potential vaper that wants to quit smoking?
    What experience have they got with vapes or e-juice?
    I have seen pen style EgoII stuff being sold at a local key and engraving store. Ok I thought I would play,
    I walked in and asked the shop assistant how to use the device, he did not have a clue. He told me the instructions were in the box.
    Duh, some of the manuals I have seen with mods are written in poorly translated English, and even I, with several years experience had to go to Youtube and watch reviews as to how the gizmo worked.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingfox12 View Post
    Yes Doggie, Aussie Vendors and not every outlet that sells the stinkies.
    What can a service station or a newsagent that is not a vaper advise a potential vaper that wants to quit smoking?
    What experience have they got with vapes or e-juice?
    I have seen pen style EgoII stuff being sold at a local key and engraving store. Ok I thought I would play,
    I walked in and asked the shop assistant how to use the device, he did not have a clue. He told me the instructions were in the box.
    Duh, some of the manuals I have seen with mods are written in poorly translated English, and even I, with several years experience had to go to Youtube and watch reviews as to how the gizmo worked.
    I don't see how that relates to my post, nor why you quoted me to say that.

Quote Originally Posted by btobw View Post
    1 vote for DogMan because squonkers, dogs, chooks and brevity

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast