Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 145
Like Tree334Likes

Thread: Senate Inquiry into e-cigarettes: deadline 4 August

  1. #1
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Newcastle, NSW
    Posts
    290

    Senate Inquiry into e-cigarettes: deadline 4 August

    http://parlinfo.aph.gov.au/parlInfo/...lication%2Fpdf

    I'm not sure how to go about this one. I'm concerned that it has a 20mg/ml nicotine level and maybe we should address this?

    Dr Mandelsohn helps a little here Dr Colin Mendelsohn - Tobacco Treatment Specialist :: Senate Inquiry into e-cigarettes: deadline 4 August but it's still not really clear to me as to what to do. Any thoughts?
    flyingfox12 likes this.

  2. #2
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    228
    It says up to 20mg/ml. I'm sure that means so 20mg nic juice is the highest that can be sold etc..

  3. #3
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Newcastle, NSW
    Posts
    290
    It is a bill, so I think they are looking for amendments. The thing is it says 'private bill' so I really didn't realise we could do anything until I read Dr. M's page, now I don't know what we do about it, but we haven't got much time to find out.

  4. #4
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Newcastle, NSW
    Posts
    290
    Here's the Senate Inquiry home page. Vaporised Nicotine Products Bill 2017 €“ Parliament of Australia


    The committee is seeking comments on the bill itself.
    Last edited by Jemor; 21-07-17 at 11:42 AM.

  5. #5
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Newcastle, NSW
    Posts
    290
    I guess 20 mg is fine with everyone then? I think that's a maximum of 10mg's mixed if my calcs are correct?

    I thought I've seen some complaining about NNA suggesting 36mg is too low, but I could be confused with that. So we leave this one alone and just let it go through as is?

  6. #6
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Mackay
    Posts
    7,430
    Quote Originally Posted by Jemor View Post
    I guess 20 mg is fine with everyone then? I think that's a maximum of 10mg's mixed if my calcs are correct?

    I thought I've seen some complaining about NNA suggesting 36mg is too low, but I could be confused with that. So we leave this one alone and just let it go through as is?
    No, 20mg/ml is definitely not fine. Some people need more than that to get off the smokes. Others regularly use more than that to stay off them.
    Last edited by fabricator4; 22-07-17 at 09:57 AM.
    Cath Mort, ybnice, Jemor and 1 others like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

  7. #7
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Newcastle, NSW
    Posts
    290
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    Not, 20mg/ml is definitely not fine. Some people need more than that to get off the smokes. Others regularly use more than that to stay off them.
    That's what I was thinking Fab, but no one is interested in this Inquiry it seems. This only has a short time to be acted on.

    For me...I'm down to 6 mg now so 20mg is fine with me, but it takes suggestions to this Inquiry to make sure that it doesn't pass with 20mg's or that could be disastrous for new people especially.

    I wish this wasn't out until the other Inquiry finished it's work, but that's not how our government works it seems. The right hand never know's what the left hand is doing in Canberra.

    So, what can we do?

  8. #8
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Mackay
    Posts
    7,430
    Quote Originally Posted by Jemor View Post
    That's what I was thinking Fab, but no one is interested in this Inquiry it seems. This only has a short time to be acted on.

    For me...I'm down to 6 mg now so 20mg is fine with me, but it takes suggestions to this Inquiry to make sure that it doesn't pass with 20mg's or that could be disastrous for new people especially.

    I wish this wasn't out until the other Inquiry finished it's work, but that's not how our government works it seems. The right hand never know's what the left hand is doing in Canberra.

    So, what can we do?
    I'm thinking this is not a "write your story" submission: they are asking for comments on the proposed bill. The approach might need to be different. Or maybe stories are appropriate... I'll see what better brains than mine say.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

  9. #9
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Newcastle, NSW
    Posts
    290
    Yes..my thoughts also. As there is not much to it and to me the only problem I have is the mg's. I think they've just researched possibly the current UK situation and pulled the amount out of their hat. So was thinking this would be the only point to comment on for an amendment? Maybe with suggestion of referring to the other Inquiry might help?
    jedw757 likes this.

  10. #10
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Ghost Town (Whyalla), SA
    Posts
    14,128
    Quote Originally Posted by Whisp View Post
    It says up to 20mg/ml. I'm sure that means so 20mg nic juice is the highest that can be sold etc..
    Quote Originally Posted by Jemor View Post
    I guess 20 mg is fine with everyone then? I think that's a maximum of 10mg's mixed if my calcs are correct?

    I thought I've seen some complaining about NNA suggesting 36mg is too low, but I could be confused with that. So we leave this one alone and just let it go through as is?
    "...
    (a) nicotine in electronic nicotine delivery systems in concentrations no greater than 20 mg/mL; and
    ..."


    As written, this is the maximum to be allowed in your device, it doesn't specify the maximum you are permitted to buy (mind, that may be amended to correct that)
    Started vaping 28th October 2011

    The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten. - Benjamin Franklin
    Just because you are offended doesn't mean you are right ...




    Please read these rules

    Read about signatures too

 

 
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.4
Copyright © 2017 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
All times are GMT +11. The time now is 12:50 AM.