Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Psychiatrists want e-cigarettes ban lifted - from SMH

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Psychiatrists want e-cigarettes ban lifted - from SMH

This is good:
    Psychiatrists want e-cigarettes ban lifted, saying patients are dying early

AVF Regular
    Yes Yes Yes This is very positive and soo true.

The stigma of vaping is a big thing at the moment too, some people mistake mods for devices used for illegal drugs this needs to be cleared up so that more heavy smokers are more likely to vape instead of smoke.
    Jemor and Mouse1 like this.

AVF Regular
    **** me. This kind of comment never stops triggering me - "worries significantly about the normalisation of vaping and the evidence that suggests it represents a gateway drug to heavier use of tobacco".

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Whisp View Post
    **** me. This kind of comment never stops triggering me - "worries significantly about the normalisation of vaping and the evidence that suggests it represents a gateway drug to heavier use of tobacco".
    The verdict is already out in the UK that Vaping is NOT a gateway Tobacco use.

AVF Regular
    There verdict is also that vaping is up to 95% safer than smoking but that hasn't seemed to catch on with these people either.

AVF Regular
    yay?

it sucks because alot of people in aged care homes smoke aswell since they were kids but who is their voice? no one
    margyb, Cath Mort, disley and 4 others like this.
    If you know it. Help someone
    If you dont know it. Ask

On land line is a inanimate object under water it has a life of its own.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by saph View Post
    yay?

it sucks because alot of people in aged care homes smoke aswell since they were kids but who is their voice? no one
    To make it worse, nicotine might be beneficial to those with dementia: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3466669/

Then this article about nicotine protecting the brain, but completely fails to see the possibility of alternate delivery methods like vaping:
    Researchers claim nicotine has been found to protect brain as it ages | Health | Life & Style | Express.co.uk

I do believe this will change, but someone needs to be the voice of the aged in care. Too bad public health still has their collective heads inserted in their fundaments.

I'm not advocating whacking nicotine patches on all the elderly in care - that is a matter for the families and health care providers. Surely though, those that smoke could be offered assistance to switch to vaping if they want. Unfortunately they've made no effort to understand the technology, so they're not even capable of that at this stage.
    margyb and Cath Mort like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    They were discussing this on ABC local radio today, with a representative from RANZCP and the Cancer Council.

Typically ill informed 'experts'. Ms Cancer Council was so anti-vape, sprouting such sage advice as "we should give the mentally ill safe, proven products like Champix".

Any callers ringing in to say otherwise were suitably remonstrated for their quackery, by 'the expert'.
    margyb and Jemor like this.
    Rabid non-smoker since 1630hrs 25/11/2016.

Pebble fondler, living life beyond the vertical.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by rockmoose View Post
    They were discussing this on ABC local radio today, with a representative from RANZCP and the Cancer Council.

Typically ill informed 'experts'. Ms Cancer Council was so anti-vape, sprouting such sage advice as "we should give the mentally ill safe, proven products like Champix".

Any callers ringing in to say otherwise were suitably remonstrated for their quackery, by 'the expert'.
    I guess Ms CC hasn't seen this https://youtu.be/NttpV0q5xDE Scary!!
    Last edited by Jemor; 21-07-17 at 06:44 PM.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    To make it worse, nicotine might be beneficial to those with dementia: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3466669/

Then this article about nicotine protecting the brain, but completely fails to see the possibility of alternate delivery methods like vaping:
    Researchers claim nicotine has been found to protect brain as it ages | Health | Life & Style | Express.co.uk

I do believe this will change, but someone needs to be the voice of the aged in care. Too bad public health still has their collective heads inserted in their fundaments.

I'm not advocating whacking nicotine patches on all the elderly in care - that is a matter for the families and health care providers. Surely though, those that smoke could be offered assistance to switch to vaping if they want. Unfortunately they've made no effort to understand the technology, so they're not even capable of that at this stage.
    yea someone needs to steep up also caffine does the same sorta but with dementia and parkinsons by about 60% (found this while in the dementia unit of my training)
    fabricator4 and emu like this.
    If you know it. Help someone
    If you dont know it. Ask

On land line is a inanimate object under water it has a life of its own.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast