Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Dr F on HNB

AVF Regular

Dr F on HNB

Dr F presenting findings on HnB at the Warsaw GFN

gert, MrGruffy, DocM and 5 others like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    thanks Fab
    DocM and staceman101 like this.

AVF Regular
    Good video. Conclusion... vaping wins hands down

Sent from my HTC 2PST1 using Tapatalk

AVF Regular
    Good man Fab4. Well done.
    staceman101 likes this.
    Awwww! Stuff it all!

Smokeless from 10/02/15 Thanks immensely to AVFers old guard!
    Heaps of stuff in high rotation

AVF Regular
    For me its a no brainer, and you might remember my not being a fan of hnb when the parliamentary submissions went in, because hnb = big tobacco. They should be removed from being referred to in conjunction with any effort to get vaping legalised. Let big tobacco spend all that money and have no market at the end. It would take the edge off all the harm they did to smokers

In short **** them

In other news...

Had to go to the chemist today to pick up another 6 boxes of antibiotics, and had the ePetite with me. My pharmacist who ive known for over a decade had never noticed my vape gear before, but spotted the ePetite and said "thats looks like a nice gadget"...he didnt realise what it was, but when i told him he asked a bunch of questions, when i mentioned liquid nicotine being a schedule 7 in liquid form he said right off his own bat "the TGA should ratify it" without skipping a beat. I then had to explain that that had been tried and the parliamentary submissions etc. Explained the makeup of my juice (unflavoured), why i dont use flavours, temp control vs vw modes etc as ways to further reduce possible harm. When i mentioned how in the UK you get a choice of NRT or ecigs for harm reduction, he was like "why dont they do that here". And this is was his first exposure to one. As it turns out, not every pharmacist wants to keep selling useless NRT products...
    Last edited by stylemessiah; 10-08-17 at 05:10 PM.
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Pushing back against the vendor wall, one damn stupid post at a time...

Not on as many ignore lists as you think....

Handy shopping links:
    Mods With Issues (Often On Discounted Flash Sale) Last Updated 13/10/17

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by staceman101 View Post
    Good video. Conclusion... vaping wins hands down
    It does, in all respects except metals apparently, but that's using PMI's own figures for comparison I think.

Regardless, I see it as a harm reduction option for people who don't want to vape. I don't like that it's a BT product, but they are the only ones who are able to do it so...

It's going to be interesting to watch Japan over the next few years where they will probably run their "convert a smoker" campaigns. If only they were made to stop using their ammonia chemistry manipulation of the nicotine.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Quote Originally Posted by stylemessiah View Post
    For me its a no brainer, and you might remember my not being a fan of hnb when the parliamentary submissions went in, because hnb = big tobacco. They should be removed from being referred to in conjunction with any effort to get vaping legalised. Let big tobacco spend all that money and have no market at the end. It would take the edge off all the harm they did to smokers

In short **** them

In other news...

Had to go to the chemist today to pick up another 6 boxes of antibiotics, and had the ePetite with me. My pharmacist who ive known for over a decade had never noticed my vape gear before, but spotted the ePetite and said "thats looks like a nice gadget"...he didnt realise what it was, but when i told him he asked a bunch of questions, when i mentioned liquid nicotine being a schedule 7 in liquid form he said right off his own bat "the TGA should ratify it" without skipping a beat. I then had to explain that that had been tried and the parliamentary submissions etc. Explained the makeup of my juice (unflavoured), why i dont use flavours, temp control vs vw modes etc as ways to further reduce possible harm. When i mentioned how in the UK you get a choice of NRT or ecigs for harm reduction, he was like "why dont they do that here". And this is was his first exposure to one. As it turns out, not every pharmacist wants to keep selling useless NRT products...
    Good stuff Style...the thing is Nicopharm has been advertised in the Chemist Newletter....I'll try and find it...that's why I asked my chemist if they can get it...what they (chemists) don't realise is they can get it and legally through Nicopharm as they can be affilates or whatever, but the education has to happen first through dr's as pharmacies can't dispense it without prescription...

I was hoping that pharmacies (and more gp's) would come on board with the Inquiries, but that hasn't really happened. Could be because not enough know about it or how to prescribe it.

http://issues.pharmacydaily.com.au/2...6/pd130516.pdf
    Jemor

Vaping since 27/05/2017

Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    It does, in all respects except metals apparently, but that's using PMI's own figures for comparison I think.

Regardless, I see it as a harm reduction option for people who don't want to vape. I don't like that it's a BT product, but they are the only ones who are able to do it so...

It's going to be interesting to watch Japan over the next few years where they will probably run their "convert a smoker" campaigns. If only they were made to stop using their ammonia chemistry manipulation of the nicotine.
    Japan hasn't legalise vaping?? I think I read that somewhere, and that's one reason why BT could infiltrate with HnB using tobacco as the tobacco controls aren't as tight as ours and others I think. So Japanese don't have much of a choice when it comes to not using tobacco, but wanting to use nicotine. Don't take my work for this, I'm trying to go off memory and that's not always a good thing these days.
    emu likes this.
    Jemor

Vaping since 27/05/2017

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Jemor53 View Post
    Good stuff Style...the thing is Nicopharm has been advertised in the Chemist Newletter....I'll try and find it...that's why I asked my chemist if they can get it...what they (chemists) don't realise is they can get it and legally through Nicopharm as they can be affilates or whatever, but the education has to happen first through dr's as pharmacies can't dispense it without prescription...

I was hoping that pharmacies (and more gp's) would come on board with the Inquiries, but that hasn't really happened. Could be because not enough know about it or how to prescribe it.

http://issues.pharmacydaily.com.au/2...6/pd130516.pdf
    Yup every now and then nicopharm spends a little of the money they gouge out of people who buy from them and get their link and a basic paragraph in the chemists papers. They never buy more space than your local budgie seller would buy to sell their beakies....

I think theres been a number of posts on here about a) the quality of their nic b) the cost of it and i know ive posted at least once about the c) question of just how legal their "scripts" are....i remember not many put their hand up to give the government their address and details by applying for a nicopharm script...i always thought of it as, in a worst case, scenario - if mainstream vapers started trying to skirt the current sitch by using nicopharm in droves - that it would turn into a nationwide game of whack-a-vaper. Of course Queenslands crack squad would cruise around in Suzuki Vitara's with a number to dob in vapers on the side and handing out free NRT's like a radio giveaway truck....
    Jemor53 likes this.
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Pushing back against the vendor wall, one damn stupid post at a time...

Not on as many ignore lists as you think....

Handy shopping links:
    Mods With Issues (Often On Discounted Flash Sale) Last Updated 13/10/17

Quote Originally Posted by stylemessiah View Post
    Yup every now and then nicopharm spends a little of the money they gouge out of people who buy from them and get their link and a basic paragraph in the chemists papers. They never buy more space than your local budgie seller would buy to sell their beakies....

I think theres been a number of posts on here about a) the quality of their nic b) the cost of it and i know ive posted at least once about the c) question of just how legal their "scripts" are....i remember not many put their hand up to give the government their address and details by applying for a nicopharm script...i always thought of it as, in a worst case, scenario - if mainstream vapers started trying to skirt the current sitch by using nicopharm in droves - that it would turn into a nationwide game of whack-a-vaper. Of course Queenslands crack squad would cruise around in Suzuki Vitara's with a number to dob in vapers on the side and handing out free NRT's like a radio giveaway truck....
    Yeah...I know what you mean style..., but i used them first off and their stuff was good, but pricey, though is still lots cheaper than smoking and a lot safer.
    What I'm trying to say is that chemists really can't say they can't get it, if they get a script. They do have a means legally (supposedly) and I'm thinking if Nicopharm were illegal they would've been closed down by now. It was set up by a Dr. from my research, and I guess he just found a loop hole that no one else has bothered to infiltrate yet. I questioned online scripts and found that it's used by some doctors and online pharmacies now anyway for other things. It's weird but internet has merged into many unusual areas now it seems.

I personally don't want nic to be 'only' through NRT, but this is how the medico's and governments see anything to do with nicotine and probably always will from here on in. So I'm thinking if legal nic has to start out through pharmacies like NRT's did, then merge into non pharmacy than at least it might save a few more lives from cigarettes. As it is now is worse. In saying that though, it is legal even now, just in a peculiar, obscured way.

Oh..and yes I did put my hand up, because Nicopharm has been portrayed to me as legal.
    Jemor

Vaping since 27/05/2017

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast