Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree68Likes

Thread: Australia's biggest vape raffle

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    Yes, it's a Vendor based advocacy group.

The more advocacy we have the better. It all helps. There's one school of thought that opposes vendor based advocacy in Australia - it's a model that may generate suspicion regarding their motives in consumers. I don't think we can afford to be too picky, but by all means look at their stated goals and aims and make your own mind up.

There is a website and you see who the members are here: AVATAR - Australian Vaping Advocacy, Trade and Research

My main take-away from the website is they seem to be confused about whether they are Australian (in the name) or South Australian (in the description) and they are doing... stuff....

We really do need all the advocacy we can get. If we have five different groups using five different approaches and going hard at it, I think we'll get somewhere.

@tyzert2008: Most vapers won't know who you are or what you stand for. You talk a bit about what you are doing without going into anything specific. What you don't do is talk about what your goals are. Are you happy with the 20mg/ml in the proposed legislation, or did you manage to encourage hundreds of submissions that called for it to be revised. Does Avatar even want nicotine to be legalised? The goals are every bit as important as any enthusiasm you bring to the advocacy table, and vapers would have to be one of the most ornery and suspicious bunch in the country. If you don't tell them, they'll make stuff up. :wicked:
    I appologise as I must admit I us ed a cut and paste approach and have just realised it made it look like it was me that wrote it, god Im a dumb arse lol.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Im sorry guys, I have taken a cut and paste approach from a facebook post and in turn just realised it appears I wrote it.
    SORRY for that my bad

Quote Originally Posted by JakeFloyd View Post
    Oh your not from the company ? Im confused sorry

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    Sorry for the confusion, i stupidly cut amd copied a paste and just realised it would appear I wrote it, bloody dumb arse I am.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by JakeFloyd View Post
    Oh your not from the company ? Im confused sorry

Its a group of SA vendors that have pooled resources to employ professionals help them fight the proposed new laws regarding Vaping in SA.
    My understanding is that it is very costly & they felt it was the only way to have a chance.
    You can see the list of vendors on their website - I think its kinda cool that they have joined together on this.
    Yes they have a self interest but no one is forced into raffles.

AVATAR - Australian Vaping Advocacy, Trade and Research
    DogMan, tyzert2008 and JakeFloyd like this.
    Tootle Puffing Provari Fan Gal & Newbie Squonker

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by tyzert2008 View Post
    I have no input in the running of it but do know some of the vendors invloved. I believe they just work together to fight the common enemy. The last thing I want to do is casue issues for them and just thougt this forum might be another avenue to raise awareness.
    Well you didn't say that in your OP, and hyping up promises of a "big reveal" didn't come across as particularly impartial.

If you're just a vaper, take to us like people. If you're actually a vendor be straight with us. Yes, AVF is a tough crowd. ;-)
    CMB, DogMan, DocM and 2 others like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by tyzert2008 View Post
    I appologise as I must admit I us ed a cut and paste approach and have just realised it made it look like it was me that wrote it, god Im a dumb arse lol.
    Apology accepted LOL. I must have written my last while you were sending this.
    It's better to post a link, or make it clear you are quoting something.

I can't speak for the other eleventy nine rugged individualists on here though. Expect some bucking...
    giruvian, margyb, DocM and 3 others like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    Well you didn't say that in your OP, and hyping up promises of a "big reveal" didn't come across as particularly impartial.

If you're just a vaper, take to us like people. If you're actually a vendor be straight with us. Yes, AVF is a tough crowd. ;-)
    Yep my bad, just a vaper here and I know AVF is a solid group and why I thought id share, how do I edit the OP from my phone to reflect this and clear up any confusion, again sorry.

AVF Regular
    Queensland Between Brisbane and Gold Coast
    Wish more vendors were active on our forums more the marrier

Life is about choices. Some we regret, some we’re proud of. Some will haunt us forever. The message: we are what we chose to be.

AVF Regular
    Love or hate the local vendors they provide a service or they wouldn't still be in business, if they don't put up a fight, they will vanish and you will find that big business, ie tobacco chains will be the only approved suppliers of vape gear. Those that see the current political climate in SA will know what I mean.
    Im going to create a disturbance in your mind.............Billy Thorpe

AVF Regular
    A raffle? Would it be a better outcome for AVATAR to advise their benefactors to form an registered and therefore answerable incorporation or association? Not just sound as the Australian Bankers association does.
    Most metaphors do not bear up to close scrutiny

Killed the nails before they killed me. 10/02/15 Thanks immensely to AVFers!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast