Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree68Likes

Thread: Australia's biggest vape raffle

Super Moderator
    Just whacked a bit of a pre-advertising blurb in there for you tyzert
    fabricator4, btobw, DocM and 3 others like this.
    Ingrid

Quote Originally Posted by rockmoose View Post
    Is Ingrid the only one who thinks my penis looks slightly vaginal?

AVF Regular
    HI JF,
    AVATAR was formed in response to the new South Australian laws wrt vaping, which include amongst other things, the banning of online sales. The main members can be seen here AVATAR, I believe that the members driving this group (as in very energetic) are Vapoureyes, OuterWorld, Bogan Brews and Vape4Life. They do state that the group is a "not for profit", and they are using money raised to hire appropriate (professional) people to lobby government and the media, on behalf of vapers and vendors to get the legislation changed to something more workable.

They had an initial fundraiser of mixed juices from the membership group, which I bought, and was very happy with. I'm assuming that the Raffle is to raise some more money. The professional "help" is quite expensive.

Personally, as a South Australian vaper, I'm very happy to support an organisation that wants to spend money on a professional approach, to try and change things in SA, for the better. Specifically wrt online sales, as the loss of those is going to be very detrimental to existing/potential vapers who live in regional areas. I can hear the "But they're in it for the money comments", and my response is, these businesses all employ people, presumably have to feed themselves - and shouldn't be in the position of having to do this anyway if the stupid government(s) did their job properly. My second point is that I have a mountain of letters and emails from said dumb politicians about why we have to "save the children" and have these overly onerous, unfair laws in respect to vaping - so individual approaches are not making much headway and perhaps the "professionals" are required - not my idea of democracy, but it is what it is

Quote Originally Posted by JakeFloyd View Post
    Oh your not from the company ? Im confused sorry

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    mallee00, DocM, Tyzer and 2 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by tyzert2008 View Post
    Yep my bad, just a vaper here and I know AVF is a solid group and why I thought id share, how do I edit the OP from my phone to reflect this and clear up any confusion, again sorry.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Ah, Tapatalk does have an edit button. I think you highlight your post by tapping it once, and then you will get an edit or pencil icon on the top bar.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    What's their position on sales of Hangsen ejuices being sold for 11c/mL?
    CMB and DocM like this.

AVF Regular
    The list is one of Vendors only. Where do the public have space? States "Our membership comprises retailers, traders, and consumers of personal vapouriser devices and other smoke-free products".
    Most metaphors do not bear up to close scrutiny

Killed the nails before they killed me. 10/02/15 Thanks immensely to AVFers!

AVF Regular
    You guys probably hadn't heard of AVATAR because its mainly run on our facebook vaping groups.

I've mentioned once before facebook have groups with over 4000+ Australian members, a seperate buy/sell marketplace with 4000 members the vendors advertsie with as well.

Not taking anything away from this forum, you guys do your own thing, its just where this raffle is mainly occurring.
    Limitless Lux / Buddha V3 30mm RDA
    iJoy Maxo / Mason 30mm RDA
    Pioneer4you IPV4S 120watt / Goon 24mm RDA

#rdalyf #clonelyf #buildinglyf #mixinglyf

AVF Regular
    Just a general question; before supporting an organisation, wouldn't you want to know what the policies are that they are interested in lobbying for?

I'm all for supporting local sales, but just make sure they dont see a ban on imports as their end game.
    Last edited by PurpleVapes; 23-08-17 at 06:29 AM.
    DocM likes this.

AVF Regular
    Where the spectre of Bjelke-Petersen still looms...A Banana Republic inside a Banana Republic
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleVapes View Post
    Just a general question; before supporting an organisation, wouldn't you want to know what the policies are that they are interested in lobbying for?

I'm all for supporting local sales, but just make sure they dont see a ban on imports as their end game.
    Thinking logically, one of the major proponents of this organisation is Vapoureyes. Vapoureyes have just spent (presumably a large amount of) time and money setting up in New Zealand so they can retail nicotine to both Aus & NZ markets. Why would they lobby against imports? If VE cared about competition, they wouldn't retail concentrates or import juices. I love this community, but seriously, sometimes the paranoia and suspicion makes me want to claw my eyes out.
    LNB and mallee00 like this.
    Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Quality Australian Made eJuice: Bunyip Vapes

AVF Regular
    Where the spectre of Bjelke-Petersen still looms...A Banana Republic inside a Banana Republic
    And just to be clear:

1) I'm not associated with VE in any way

2) I'm not participating in this raffle nor advocating for it or the organisations involved

3) I think the suspicion, paranoia, mistrust and unwillingness to work as a cohesive voice outranks the efforts of ANTZ, big pharma, big tobacco, et. al. as the number one reason why vaping will not survive in this country. Not lending your voice to something because you disagree on minutia guarantees that your voice will remain a fart in a thunderstorm. I think we need to band together and then work out the details.
    Wombats1 and staceman101 like this.
    Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Quality Australian Made eJuice: Bunyip Vapes

AVF Regular
    A story for you Nothing expert

Once apon a time there was a popular Aussie vendor who we will call monsta- he lived in the time before $1 per ml

He was very popular in vaping circles and very vocal for what for the purposes of this story we will call "vaping rights"

He was very charismatic and many people loved him singing the praises of his juices - but this was not enough for poor monsta who on believing the hype of his own popularity became greedy

Monsta then to annoyance of the then vape community - started dividng the community with his prices of juices- Supporters claimed greed was good and it was all business and those annoyed by his prices started shouting down his prices by pointing to the original purpose of vaping and the fact that high prices can exclude those those who need vaping the most

It was an argument that was never resolved within the vape community - but now instead we live with the fact that some pay more than others for thier juices cause capitalism

I wish I could say this was the end of the story but Monsta being a greedy vile creature really wished his competition and detractors would go away so he came up with a nasty plan

He would go to social media and media in general claiming that his competiton were dirty and filthy making their juices in bath tubs - He argued that because of this 'regulation' was needed - safety regulation, import regulation and other things - that would happen to kill DIY raise the prices of ejuice and conveniently place nicotine importation into the hands of a privileged few vendors

On asking Monsta what his vision was for the vaping community - he would simply answer - "I believe in regulation"

Monsta and his business was the cause of one of the first few divides in the vaping community - and one of the first to try and close the close the importation for select few vendors markets and looking at things - this is not too unlike what BP and BT are trying to achieve today

So what has this got to do with VE et al?

TBH I dont know what this group stands for - but those of us who have been around a while do know that when vaping groups dont state their purpose it does give something to be suspicious about and the paranoia as you call it has been well earned

Retail nicotine- aye there is the rub - who will be allowed to do it? At what cost?

Atm we can import wholesale nicotine without a care in the world - but and if vendors are quietly like the monsta did trying to limit imports to vendors (which would push prices up and kill competition) or like other political groups pushed only for low nicotine limits which might kill imports of higher doing the same - then there is a problem

Claw your eyes out all you like - but I see no problem in asking questions - There is a problem when those questions stubbornly refuse to be answered

I got no problem with VE etc as business per se- but when it comes to politics and changing the world - it is peoples duty to ask - what are the implications of any change proposed

Quote Originally Posted by Nothingexpert View Post
    Thinking logically, one of the major proponents of this organisation is Vapoureyes. Vapoureyes have just spent (presumably a large amount of) time and money setting up in New Zealand so they can retail nicotine to both Aus & NZ markets. Why would they lobby against imports? If VE cared about competition, they wouldn't retail concentrates or import juices. I love this community, but seriously, sometimes the paranoia and suspicion makes me want to claw my eyes out.
    Support the closed autocratic NNA AU lobby group-
    Give money, sign and fill what we say then STFU- its called unity!

You actually thought that your action & thoughts matter?Its "experts" only buddy
    Pfft don't like it?... go away and start your own
    All Hail the NNA AU vape overlords!
    Delete & block the negative! It never happened- its in the past MKAY?
    (or face members & supporters wrath & tears...)
    Infiltrate, Dominate & assimilate all unbelievers..Welcome to the new NNA AU echo chamber

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast