Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree68Likes

Thread: Australia's biggest vape raffle

AVF Regular
    About AVATAR

AVATAR is a not-for-profit association that works with government and the media to promote and protect the rights of vapers across Australia. Our membership comprises retailers, traders, and consumers of personal vapouriser devices and other smoke-free products.

Im not associated with this group in any way but it seems their objective is to promote a good image of vaping and try to lessen the state government regulations that are being imposes on vape shops, being lumped with tobacco legislation ect.
    stylemessiah and AllyP like this.
    Im going to create a disturbance in your mind.............Billy Thorpe

AVF Regular
    I just want to win a chook....
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Not on as many ignore lists as you think....

Handy shopping links:
    Mods With Issues (Often On Discounted Flash Sale) Last Updated 13/10/17

AVF Regular
    Where the spectre of Bjelke-Petersen still looms...A Banana Republic inside a Banana Republic
    Quote Originally Posted by rebelagainstthemachine View Post
    A story for you Nothing expert

Once apon a time there was a popular Aussie vendor who we will call monsta- he lived in the time before $1 per ml

He was very popular in vaping circles and very vocal for what for the purposes of this story we will call "vaping rights"

He was very charismatic and many people loved him singing the praises of his juices - but this was not enough for poor monsta who on believing the hype of his own popularity became greedy

Monsta then to annoyance of the then vape community - started dividng the community with his prices of juices- Supporters claimed greed was good and it was all business and those annoyed by his prices started shouting down his prices by pointing to the original purpose of vaping and the fact that high prices can exclude those those who need vaping the most

It was an argument that was never resolved within the vape community - but now instead we live with the fact that some pay more than others for thier juices cause capitalism

I wish I could say this was the end of the story but Monsta being a greedy vile creature really wished his competition and detractors would go away so he came up with a nasty plan

He would go to social media and media in general claiming that his competiton were dirty and filthy making their juices in bath tubs - He argued that because of this 'regulation' was needed - safety regulation, import regulation and other things - that would happen to kill DIY raise the prices of ejuice and conveniently place nicotine importation into the hands of a privileged few vendors

On asking Monsta what his vision was for the vaping community - he would simply answer - "I believe in regulation"

Monsta and his business was the cause of one of the first few divides in the vaping community - and one of the first to try and close the close the importation for select few vendors markets and looking at things - this is not too unlike what BP and BT are trying to achieve today

So what has this got to do with VE et al?

TBH I dont know what this group stands for - but those of us who have been around a while do know that when vaping groups dont state their purpose it does give something to be suspicious about and the paranoia as you call it has been well earned

Retail nicotine- aye there is the rub - who will be allowed to do it? At what cost?

Atm we can import wholesale nicotine without a care in the world - but and if vendors are quietly like the monsta did trying to limit imports to vendors (which would push prices up and kill competition) or like other political groups pushed only for low nicotine limits which might kill imports of higher doing the same - then there is a problem

Claw your eyes out all you like - but I see no problem in asking questions - There is a problem when those questions stubbornly refuse to be answered

I got no problem with VE etc as business per se- but when it comes to politics and changing the world - it is peoples duty to ask - what are the implications of any change proposed
    Honestly? I get your latter point but all the preamble screams to me is childish inability to vote with the wallet and think critically.

And what is this $1/ml people keep going on about? I have never paid that much and I've bought US juice from a B&M vendor.
    Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Quality Australian Made eJuice: Bunyip Vapes

AVF Regular
    He would go to social media and media in general claiming that his competiton were dirty and filthy making their juices in bath tubs - He argued that because of this 'regulation' was needed - safety regulation, import regulation and other things - that would happen to kill DIY raise the prices of ejuice and conveniently place nicotine importation into the hands of a privileged few vendors

Rebel, can believe you posted this, nicotine will only ever be legal to sell as a vape product if it is approved as a smoking cessation tool and that means TGA approval and regulation, do you really think a few piss-ant vendors are going to get the nod ahead of BT or BP with their money, lobbying and political clout, not in this lifetime
    AllyP likes this.
    Im going to create a disturbance in your mind.............Billy Thorpe

emu
    AVF Regular
    All you need to import and play with nic legally is a commercial operator's licence (pest control), I Got one through a mail correspondence course then went to a tafe college to sit the final exam. Sure you have to study and learn but it's not hard and only took 8 weeks which is a small sacrifice for setting yourself up for life. I know it doesn't mean you can go mixing nic into juice and selling it but at least you can do what ya like with nic and have as much as you want on hand forever.

AVF Regular
    Think about the choocken....
    AllyP and staceman101 like this.
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Handy shopping links:

AVF Regular
    Its a group of SA vendors trying their best to save their businesses with the ever increasing government limitations on ways to promote and sell the products they stock.

Is that a bad thing? I dont think so and I really respect the fact they have pooled resources and are working together - Friendships seemed to have been forged among the group and even out of state vendors are contributing to the SA Fight... I really love that.

Personally I have no need of SA Vendors but many do and lets not forget how important the sharing of knowledge is. without a walk in B&M store - I would still be smoking. Some folks need face to face help and it would be a tragedy if the government makes it near on impossible for them to survive and in turn help so many quit the stinkies.

I did try and join their private FB group whilst it was still in its infancy - I was refused because I wasn't a Vendor - that did give me the shits for a day or two but I now understand why.
    My only real concern was the AVATAR submission advocating for 20mg Nic but that's a whole other debate - at first my conspiracy theories kicked in and I assumed they were hoping to kill off Diy but in hindsight I think they were just wanting to appear professional with safety in mind - I think it was a mistake to go down that road but they weren't the only ones.......
    mallee00 and chris_vaper like this.
    Tootle Puffing Provari Fan Gal & Newbie Squonker

AVF Regular
    So we can win a load of Chinese hardware and a ton of home brewed Reddit inspired liquids

Will pass
    stylemessiah and staceman101 like this.
    RIP 22.12.2016

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianS View Post
    So we can win a load of Chinese hardware and a ton of home brewed Reddit inspired liquids

Will pass
    Stick around for the meat tray, bloody on top, grey area underneath
    Fatman, 1ynne, emu and 1 others like this.

Handy shopping links:

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by AllyP View Post
    Its a group of SA vendors trying their best to save their businesses with the ever increasing government limitations on ways to promote and sell the products they stock.

Is that a bad thing? I dont think so and I really respect the fact they have pooled resources and are working together - Friendships seemed to have been forged among the group and even out of state vendors are contributing to the SA Fight... I really love that.

Personally I have no need of SA Vendors but many do and lets not forget how important the sharing of knowledge is. without a walk in B&M store - I would still be smoking. Some folks need face to face help and it would be a tragedy if the government makes it near on impossible for them to survive and in turn help so many quit the stinkies.

I did try and join their private FB group whilst it was still in its infancy - I was refused because I wasn't a Vendor - that did give me the shits for a day or two but I now understand why.
    My only real concern was the AVATAR submission advocating for 20mg Nic but that's a whole other debate - at first my conspiracy theories kicked in and I assumed they were hoping to kill off Diy but in hindsight I think they were just wanting to appear professional with safety in mind - I think it was a mistake to go down that road but they weren't the only ones.......
    We need to get it passed by government afterwards could always appeal to increase the limit.

I think 36mg is a more sensible limit as its not going to poison you if you get a bit splashed on your hand but I get why 20mg.
    Cath Mort and emu like this.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234