Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree68Likes

Thread: Australia's biggest vape raffle

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Australia's biggest vape raffle

I'm not associated with AVATAR, but wanted to share this info to raise some awareness and interest in this fundraiser........

It's all about the numbers......the number of vendors involved (an incredible 33) and a combined prize pool nearing $10,000!!!!!

It's coming - Australia's BIGGEST VAPE RAFFLE EVER, and it is all thanks to our incredibly generous Australian vendors.

What is AVATAR? AVATAR is a not-for-profit association that works with government and the media to promote and protect the rights of vapers across Australia. Our membership comprises retailers, traders, and consumers of personal vapouriser devices and other smoke-free products.

Every single cent from this raffle goes toward funding the important lobbying work AVATAR is doing on behalf of vapers all around the country. The federal government is just weeks away from making a decision that will affect every single vaper in Australia, so we need your support now more than ever to make sure that our voices are heard and that our rights are protected.....

Who are the vendors involved.....you have to wait

What are these awesome prizes.........you have to wait (I know and you are going to be AMAZED!!)

How do you get in on it - you will know before Thursday, so keep your eyes peeled!!!!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by giruvian; 21-08-17 at 07:55 PM.

AVF Regular
    Queensland Between Brisbane and Gold Coast
    Ive never heard of this company before can anyone shed some light ?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    DocM likes this.
    Life is about choices. Some we regret, some we’re proud of. Some will haunt us forever. The message: we are what we chose to be.

They have been formed recently, mainly by South Australian vendors, to try to tackle the issues vendors and vapours are facing. They are seperate from any other groups and have made great headway in SA. They did a run of "Juicce bags" that were available from local shops and online that was very succesfull. There is a SA vape meet soon and this raffle is being held at the same time. Just trying to help promote awareness for it. As more info becomes available I will update this post.

CMB
    AVF Regular
    Yet here they are when they want money...
    gert, BrianS and DocM like this.

Also they are mainly active/advertised in Facebook groups hence the reason I thought id share here aswell.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by tyzert2008 View Post
    They have been formed recently, mainly by South Australian vendors, to try to tackle the issues vendors and vapours are facing. They are seperate from any other groups and have made great headway in SA. They did a run of "Juicce bags" that were available from local shops and online that was very succesfull. There is a SA vape meet soon and this raffle is being held at the same time. Just trying to help promote awareness for it. As more info becomes available I will update this post.

Who govens and facilitates the "companies" direction? I just never heard of you nor had any luck with google

DocM likes this.
    Life is about choices. Some we regret, some we’re proud of. Some will haunt us forever. The message: we are what we chose to be.

Quote Originally Posted by CMB View Post
    Yet here they are when they want money...
    Sorry you feel that way, I only posted to try and help them and not done to promote them. If this is an issue Im sure admin will advise.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by tyzert2008 View Post
    Sorry you feel that way, I only posted to try and help them and not done to promote them. If this is an issue Im sure admin will advise.

Oh your not from the company ? Im confused sorry

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by JakeFloyd View Post
    Ive never heard of this company before can anyone shed some light ?
    Yes, it's a Vendor based advocacy group.

The more advocacy we have the better. It all helps. There's one school of thought that opposes vendor based advocacy in Australia - it's a model that may generate suspicion regarding their motives in consumers. I don't think we can afford to be too picky, but by all means look at their stated goals and aims and make your own mind up.

There is a website and you see who the members are here: AVATAR - Australian Vaping Advocacy, Trade and Research

My main take-away from the website is they seem to be confused about whether they are Australian (in the name) or South Australian (in the description) and they are doing... stuff....

We really do need all the advocacy we can get. If we have five different groups using five different approaches and going hard at it, I think we'll get somewhere.

@tyzert2008: Most vapers won't know who you are or what you stand for. You talk a bit about what you are doing without going into anything specific. What you don't do is talk about what your goals are. Are you happy with the 20mg/ml in the proposed legislation, or did you manage to encourage hundreds of submissions that called for it to be revised. Does Avatar even want nicotine to be legalised? The goals are every bit as important as any enthusiasm you bring to the advocacy table, and vapers would have to be one of the most ornery and suspicious bunch in the country. If you don't tell them, they'll make stuff up.
    Last edited by fabricator4; 21-08-17 at 06:57 PM.
    mattrix, DogMan, DocM and 3 others like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

I have no input in the running of it but do know some of the vendors invloved. I believe they just work together to fight the common enemy. The last thing I want to do is casue issues for them and just thougt this forum might be another avenue to raise awareness.

btobw likes this.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast