Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: If vaping turns out to cause no harm, who will take responsibility?

AVF Regular

If vaping turns out to cause no harm, who will take responsibility?

Greg Hunt says that he will not legalise ecigs, claiming that it's a Big Tobacco ploy, despite Big Tobacco only holding a small portion of the market.

I wonder, if e-cigs turn out to cause no serious health affects long term, who will be held responsible for all the deaths that could have been prevented?

How can we ensure that in the future, those people like Greg Hunt, are held accountable?

Cath Mort, DocM and staceman101 like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleVapes View Post
    Greg Hunt says that he will not legalise ecigs, claiming that it's a Big Tobacco ploy, despite Big Tobacco only holding a small portion of the market.

I wonder, if e-cigs turn out to cause no serious health affects long term, who will be held responsible for all the deaths that could have been prevented?

How can we ensure that in the future, those people like Greg Hunt, are held accountable?

Politicians ALWAYS have blood on their hands, and zero accountability

Sent from my HTC 2PST1 using Tapatalk
    DocM and ausguitarman like this.

AVF Regular
    I remember this article made me think about parliamentary accountability... and ethics... and not in a good way ... The only hope for democracy is for politicians to stand up to political parties - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Parliamentarians are not legally required to act in the public interest or tell the truth or forbidden to act in their own interests or the interests of their supporters. Australia's Constitution requires them only to take an oath of allegiance to the Queen.

Ministers give an additional undertaking which presently merely requires them to serve the Australian people.

The Westminster system takes it for granted that political power will be exercised by people who know how to behave properly and can be trusted to do so.
    DocM and staceman101 like this.

What is a cat's favourite colour? Purrrrrrrple !

AVF Regular
    I feel a class action coming on, are we allowed to sue the individuals in the government, the parties and the whole entity? I bet they have passed laws that protect themselves.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by MrGruffy View Post
    I feel a class action coming on, are we allowed to sue the individuals in the government, the parties and the whole entity? I bet they have passed laws that protect themselves.
    They have MrG! Parliamentary privilege it's called. Also high end lawyers free of charge supplied by them dopey taxpayer things, er....um....us.
    Cath Mort, fabricator4 and Sully like this.
    A misguided Ape with delusions of grandeur & a chop on its' head thought it was a Griller

Killed the nails before they killed me. 10/02/15 Thanks immensely to AVFers!

AVF Regular
    I'd still like it written up, perhaps shared with the media and election time.
    DocM likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by MrGruffy View Post
    I'd still like it written up, perhaps shared with the media and election time.
    How about a bit of devils advocate here? If they legalised it, and it turns out it does do harm, who would you hold responsible?

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Quote Originally Posted by staceman101 View Post
    How about a bit of devils advocate here? If they legalised it, and it turns out it does do harm, who would you hold responsible?

Myself!! end of story. We should all be responsible for our own lives and how we choose to live them.

We now have a world where responsibility continues to be taken from us. In our courts, our schools our homes. People are not allowed to think and act for themselves anymore. We are governed by governments and this erodes lateral thinking. This also, if allowed to continue, ends up as dictatorship.
    margyb, Cath Mort, disley and 6 others like this.
    Jemor

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Jemor53 View Post
    Myself!! end of story. We should all be responsible for our own lives and how we choose to live them.

We now have a world where responsibility continues to be taken from us. In our courts, our schools our homes. People are not allowed to think and act for themselves anymore. We are governed by governments and this erodes lateral thinking. This also, if allowed to continue, ends up as dictatorship.
    Yeah... you, me and other rational people take responsibility for their own actions. Many don't. Not that I understand the government position while cigarettes remain completely legal, mind you...

DocM and Jemor53 like this.

AVF Regular
    Interesting question- but lets turn that around -

keeping in mind that environment and mental/ emotional health and financial are also indicators of health

Basics cards - forced substance testing- forced poverty via unreasonable taxation on smokers and because of smokers who are most statistically likely to be from disadvantaged backgrounds- from this perspective smoking and health in general has become a class issue if not an oppressive one - highlighted by pauline hanson trying to take away young people right to vote because of the smoking issue

meanwhile - there is no honest accountability or honest open review for failures of the anti smoking policies - the violence against workers, hardships that smokers endure - the right to health which is being tampered with through anti smoking anti harm reduction policy and more

Who is taking taking responsibility for the above kinds of issues?

By implementing a harm reductive approach like vaping or snus even if vaping turns out harmful - the argument is simply is an attempt to address the above issues in a free and open society (if a free and open society is actually what we want) - by providing an extensive education to the masses about vaping as a viable option it is still more responsible than handing out anti depressants with known negative side effects to otherwise healthy people - or the peddling of junk science like hypno therapy

The war on drugs has been a failure creating an un-needed criminal class - and the war on tobacco without at least trying to provide harm reduction is doing the same

Quote Originally Posted by staceman101 View Post

Last edited by rebelagainstthemachine; 17-10-17 at 03:33 PM.
    CMB, Cath Mort, disley and 3 others like this.
    Support the closed autocratic NNA AU lobby group-
    Give money, sign and fill what we say then STFU- its called unity!

You actually thought that your action & thoughts matter?Its "experts" only buddy
    Pfft don't like it?... go away and start your own
    All Hail the NNA AU vape overlords!
    Delete & block the negative! It never happened- its in the past MKAY?
    (or face members & supporters wrath & tears...)
    Infiltrate, Dominate & assimilate all unbelievers..Welcome to the new NNA AU echo chamber

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast