Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree346Likes

Thread: NNA Annoucements

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by DocM View Post
    Congrats MargyB! If I can be of service, minus the lousy attempts at humour, count me in too! I'm good at licking stamps for email sending & windows (glass ones).
    It must have been you that left all the glass stamps lying around last time...

Vaporific and DocM like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    I have been put under the microscope a bit at times Fab.
    fabricator4 likes this.
    A misguided Ape with delusions of grandeur & a chop on its' head thought it was a Griller

Killed the nails before they killed me. 10/02/15 Thanks immensely to AVFers!

AVF Regular
    Sorry Fab I do have to ask this - cause the nna au message has always been about togetherness- or more accurately group think where anyone who has opposed the group has been shot down and at times pushed out of the community - many good vaping advocates were lost - including some potential leaders

Im kinda wondering first - Will you as a group now support DIYERs and the importation of high levels of nicotine- or is the goal still only for 36mg and under with a bunch of other regulations attached

and second Im also wondering how you all plan to manage those within the community who will disagree with you

Oh and thirdly - how do you guys imagine that community participation in the NNA AU will happen in the near future - including the related question - will the NNA AU continue to be a closed group where only formal members have any say or can participate outside of giving money

Sorry fab - I know you are all excited but these are questions that for clarity - need to be answered...

edit also wondering how you plan if at all to tackle the image of vaping as medical ...

Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    My message for advocates everywhere for Christmas will be one of unity. We might not all agree all of the time, but we are all heading in the same direction from where we are now.
    Last edited by rebelagainstthemachine; 10-11-17 at 10:02 AM.
    Support the closed autocratic NNA AU lobby group-
    Give money, sign and fill what we say then STFU- its called unity!

You actually thought that your action & thoughts matter?Its "experts" only buddy
    Pfft don't like it?... go away and start your own
    All Hail the NNA AU vape overlords!
    Delete & block the negative! It never happened- its in the past MKAY?
    (or face members & supporters wrath & tears...)
    Infiltrate, Dominate & assimilate all unbelievers..Welcome to the new NNA AU echo chamber

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by rebelagainstthemachine View Post
    cause the nna au message has always been about togetherness-

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by rebelagainstthemachine View Post
    Sorry Fab I do have to ask this - cause the nna au message has always been about togetherness- or more accurately group think where anyone who has opposed the group has been shot down and at times pushed out of the community - many good vaping advocates were lost - including some potential leaders
    Well I don't think that's a good definition of "togetherness". Yes I know you were being facetious.

Everyone's opinions should be respected. No one should be pushed out of the community, victimised, or vilified for what they believe. As long as it's done respectfully, no one is going to have a problem. Personal attacks on any level aren't good, and to a large extent this is the problem in advocacy world wide not just in Australia. It's disheartening to see the same patterns repeated everywhere you look. We're only human though, but I have to say I think your current crop of NNA board members are emotionally stable and mature. We just want to get on with things.

Im kinda wondering first - Will you as a group now support DIYERs and the importation of high levels of nicotine- or is the goal still only for 36mg and under with a bunch of other regulations attached
    Actually all the current board members either DIY, use high strength nicotine regularly, or understand the needs of new vapers and others who need these things. I can't speak for what has happened in the past (TGA application) but there were surely some contributing factors. To a very large extent I understand your concerns because I shared them at the time as well. I also understood why an arbitrary limit was used and it was based on sound scientific premise and political expediency, even if the practicalities were not right. We should be pushing for DIY strengths (100mg/ml) however you have to understand how that looks to those responsible for making legislation. The TPD squeaked through with 20mg/ml which is woeful but worlds ahead of the medicalisation they were looking at. It will be very interesting to see what NZ do - whether they follow the inadequate trend, or if they break some new ground.

Whether or not other regulations are attached, like including vaping in current smoke free areas, is at this stage something for the community to inform us on. The survey has been put up on our facebook page. I recommend everyone go there and complete it now, whether or not you've done it previously (on the website).

and second Im also wondering how you all plan to manage those within the community who will disagree with you
    There will always be be those who do not agree with us. I've always said: ask 10 vapers for their opinion on something and you will get 20 different answers. We will deal with this with a high degree of professionalism, and move forward. We are not going to be able to please everyone, but I would hope they will also find ways to disagree respectfully, and that the vast majority are indeed pleased.

Oh and thirdly - how do you guys imagine that community participation in the NNA AU will happen in the near future - including the related question - will the NNA AU continue to be a closed group where only formal members have any say or can participate outside of giving money
    I think the start of that was the first survey we tried to have. It's a way that the community can influence the board. I'll admit that the survey questions I devised were a bit loaded. I only missed the mark on one though. Feedback was given, and a change was made in the wording. Don't expect us not to load the questions in some way though - we're an advocacy group... we're supposed to have strong beliefs and motivations. We'd be bloody useless if we didn't, or more likely doing something completely different. (Believe me, there's plenty of things my wife would rather I be doing).

Sorry fab - I know you are all excited but these are questions that for clarity - need to be answered...
    Don't be sorry, I'm glad to add any clarity to the discussion. Making the NNA more transparent and listening to the community is something that has been discussed. I hope that people realise the current NNA board is vastly different to the one you started the year with.

edit also wondering how you plan if at all to tackle the image of vaping as medical ...
    I almost missed this, right at the end. There's probably other more subtle points I've not gone back and addressed as well.

Medical... I think the responses given by many of those who spoke at public hearings for the federal inquiry, and those who put in submissions, have stressed that a medical format would not be helpful. It doesn't suit the type of industry, which is based on consumer economy and use, and it does NOT suit vapers who do not want to be locked into a rigid prescription regimen. I'm pretty sure that Attila et al dealt with this at the first hearing. Questions were asked later in the hearing as well, and the response from our side has been a resounding "no".

I don't think we should be obsessing about the medicalisation of vaping. It's not something the NNA wants, it's not something that the advocates we consider as friends want, and even Chappers knows it would be stupidity, though his reasons for opposing it are probably quite different to mine. If it is raised as an issue we oppose it most energetically. We want legalisation the same as everyone else (I hope they all do anyway :-)

The TGA did not even look at the one and only application they had to this end (tobacco company vapouriser). I think it's fair to say the only way the TGA will change is by legislation that legalises it.

The worst that can be said is that we do not oppose prescription nicotine (Nicopharm) and those who promote it (Dr M), because it puts legal (maybe, open to debate) nicotine in the hands of those wanting it to stop smoking. It doesn't mean that's how we want to to be. The world is not always black and white, but some people see it in those terms I guess.
    Last edited by fabricator4; 10-11-17 at 09:00 PM.
    margyb, CMB, BrianS and 10 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Can you put a link up that works please Fab?
    A misguided Ape with delusions of grandeur & a chop on its' head thought it was a Griller

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by DocM View Post
    Can you put a link up that works please Fab?
    Ah, I have no idea how farcebook links work.

Try going to the facebook page and scroll down a little bit.

I'll try to find one of the other links and fix it in my previous post.
    Last edited by fabricator4; 10-11-17 at 06:24 PM.

AVF Regular
    I am one of those few that doesn't zucker up nor berg.

Super Moderator
    AllyP likes this.
    Started vaping 28th October 2011

The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten. - Benjamin Franklin
    Just because you are offended doesn't mean you are right ...

Please read these rules

Read about signatures too

AVF Regular
    there was a way to do that survey with out that shitty add ridden filth.
    you could do it on their website, although i cant connect to it atm

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast