Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree346Likes

Thread: NNA Annoucements

AVF Regular
    I will say fabs answer has to be the most the nnaau has ever shared with this forum
    RIP 22.12.2016

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoofprint View Post
    there was a way to do that survey with out that shitty add ridden filth.
    you could do it on their website, although i cant connect to it atm
    Who's website?
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    Who's website?
    NAA's i did that exact survey not 2 days ago on their site

this was the link
    http://nnalliance.org.au/survey
    But the site is down, guess someone forgot to pay the domain bill
    Last edited by Hoofprint; 10-11-17 at 08:56 PM.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoofprint View Post
    NAA's i did that exact survey not 2 days ago on their site

this was the link
    http://nnalliance.org.au/survey
    But the site is down, guess someone forgot to pay the domain bill
    The site has been deleted.

Not by us.

We are working on it.
    margyb and AllyP like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Crazy Donna strikes again
    RIP 22.12.2016

AVF Regular
    The site has been deleted.

Not by us.

We are working on it.
    oooh yes someone is a little jaded over the new lack of crazy

Domain Name nnalliance.org.au
    Last Modified 08-Nov-2017 04:11:10 UTC
    Status pendingDelete (Client requested delete)
    Status serverRenewProhibited (Client requested delete)
    Status serverUpdateProhibited (Client requested delete)
    Registrar Name Web Address Registration
    Registrant New Nicotine Alliance (AU)
    Registrant ID ******
    Eligibility Type Other
    Registrant Contact ID R-020126175-SN
    Registrant Contact Name Donna Darvill
    Registrant Contact Email *******
    Tech Contact ID C-007644575-SN
    Tech Contact Name Donna Darvill
    Tech Contact Email ******
    Name Server ns1.syrahost.com
    Name Server ns2.syrahost.com
    DNSSEC unsigned

AVF Regular
    Lol I think I was being kind - The NNA under Donna, Jen, and annette reminded me alot of a vendor sided borg medical ship from Star Trek

Although I do respectfully thank you for your reply - This in itself is a new and refreshing change

By the sounds of it though in terms of your treatment of people as a group - perhaps this is something that can be formalised at some point so that guidelines can be created for your advocates and board members- some NNAau supporters and members have over time have behaved atrociously towards others in the vaping community and towards pollies and others - perhaps also way to complain and a way to make sure that those complaints are addressed- cyber bulling and cyber stalking should also be part of these guidelines - I know that I have previously had problems with both cyber bullying and cyber stalking in relation to the NNA Au board & members

That being said ....

TBH I find this point a bit unclear in your answer to whether or not the NNAAU will formally peruse the 36mg or expand to DIY 100mg - Me thinks you are trying to be very diplomatic in your response ;p

We should be pushing for DIY strengths (100mg/ml) however you have to understand how that looks to those responsible for making legislation.

So it would kinda be nice to be very clear here so that people know exactly what they are and arent supporting and that the NNA au has a clear direction - please?

There will always be be those who do not agree with us. I've always said: ask 10 vapers for their opinion on something and you will get 20 different answers. We will deal with this with a high degree of professionalism, and move forward. We are not going to be able to please everyone, but I would hope they will also find ways to disagree respectably, and that the vast majority are indeed pleased.

^
    I would be very careful about how you determine who the majority - especially online actually are- Many dont speak up openly on the forum- many are not inclined to join the other forum and others still do not have facebook or twitter - Likes on post also say not much - but can often make cliques more apparent - this 'majority approach can divide your community further - perhaps further internal discussion on this issue is needed ?

I also have concerns about loaded questions in any survey - especially if these kinds of issues are known about ahead of time - no point screaming about ANTZ and their loaded crap if you can justify doing it yourself - Using loaded research be it for your own organisation or to advocate automatically nullifies anything that you think you might have learned - It also give others another weapon against what you are trying to achieve - and makes people with knowledge of these things (in and out of the community) - simply not take you seriously

Anyways thats my two bob - although please it would be nice to know if you as a group will push for 100mg or 36mg as this is an important point that really needs to be clarified

There is more on the image of vaping as medical which the TGA promotes among other things - but I think I will leave that for another time

Thanks again for your answer - it is much appreciated and I look forward to seeing what you say about the levels that you are advocating for and what exactly you wish the community would support in terms of levels
    Last edited by rebelagainstthemachine; 10-11-17 at 09:17 PM.
    Support the closed autocratic NNA AU lobby group-
    Give money, sign and fill what we say then STFU- its called unity!

You actually thought that your action & thoughts matter?Its "experts" only buddy
    Pfft don't like it?... go away and start your own
    All Hail the NNA AU vape overlords!
    Delete & block the negative! It never happened- its in the past MKAY?
    (or face members & supporters wrath & tears...)
    Infiltrate, Dominate & assimilate all unbelievers..Welcome to the new NNA AU echo chamber

AVF Regular
    Well I don't think that's a good definition of "togetherness". Yes I know you were being facetious.

Everyone's opinions should be respected. No one should be pushed out of the community, victimised, or vilified for what they believe. As long as it's done respectfully, no one is going to have a problem. Personal attacks on any level aren't good, and to a large extent this is the problem in advocacy world wide not just in Australia. It's disheartening to see the same patterns repeated everywhere you look. We're only human though, but I have to say I think your current crop of NNA board members are emotionally stable and mature. We just want to get on with things.

Actually all the current board members either DIY, use high strength nicotine regularly, or understand the needs of new vapers and others who need these things. I can't speak for what has happened in the past (TGA application) but there were surely some contributing factors. To a very large extent I understand your concerns because I shared them at the time as well. I also understood why an arbitrary limit was used and it was based on sound scientific premise and political expediency, even if the practicalities were not right. We should be pushing for DIY strengths (100mg/ml) however you have to understand how that looks to those responsible for making legislation. The TPD squeaked through with 20mg/ml which is woeful but worlds ahead of the medicalisation they were looking at. It will be very interesting to see what NZ do - whether they follow the inadequate trend, or if they break some new ground.

Whether or not other regulations are attached, like including vaping in current smoke free areas, is at this stage something for the community to inform us on. The survey has been put up on our facebook page. I recommend everyone go there and complete it now, whether or not you've done it previously (on the website).

There will always be be those who do not agree with us. I've always said: ask 10 vapers for their opinion on something and you will get 20 different answers. We will deal with this with a high degree of professionalism, and move forward. We are not going to be able to please everyone, but I would hope they will also find ways to disagree respectably, and that the vast majority are indeed pleased.

I think the start of that was the first survey we tried to have. It's a way that the community can influence the board. I'll admit that the survey questions I devised were a bit loaded. I only missed the mark on one though. Feedback was given, and a change was made in the wording. Don't expect us not to load the questions in some way though - we're an advocacy group... we're supposed to have strong beliefs and motivations. We'd be bloody useless if we didn't, or more likely doing something completely different. (Believe me, there's plenty of things my wife would rather I be doing).

Don't be sorry, I'm glad to add any clarity to the discussion. Making the NNA more transparent and listening to the community is something that has been discussed. I hope that people realise the current NNA board is vastly different to the one you started the year with.

I almost missed this, right at the end. There's probably other more subtle points I've not gone back and addressed as well.

Medical... I think the responses given by many of those who spoke at public hearings for the federal inquiry, and those who put in submissions, have stressed that a medical format would not be helpful. It doesn't suit the type of industry, which is based on consumer economy and use, and it does NOT suit vapers who do not want to be locked into a rigid prescription regimen. I'm pretty sure that Attila et al dealt with this at the first hearing. Questions were asked later in the hearing as well, and the response from our side has been a resounding "no".

I don't think we should be obsessing about the medicalisation of vaping. It's not something the NNA wants, it's not something that the advocates we consider as friends want, and even Chappers knows it would be stupidity, though his reasons for opposing it are probably quite different to mine. If it is raised as an issue we oppose it most energetically. We want legalisation the same as everyone else (I hope they all do anyway :-)

The TGA did not even look at the one and only application they had to this end (tobacco company vapouriser). I think it's fair to say the only way the TGA will change is by legislation that legalises it.

The worst that can be said is that we do not oppose prescription nicotine (Nicopharm) and those who promote it (Dr M), because it puts legal (maybe, open to debate) nicotine in the hands of those wanting it to stop smoking. It doesn't mean that's how we want to to be. The world is not always black and white, but some people see it in those terms I guess.
    Thanks Fab - personally I feel so optimistic for the future of the NNA and whilst not being on the board - Me thinks its going to be great - engage with Vapers - create more surveys so that peeps can have a say on NNA policies - go with the majority of thinking and advocate for them and yes dont leave us Diy juice makers and Snus/Snuff users behind.
    The NNA board is the best its ever looked with you, Annette, Margy & of course Attila.
    I am hopeful and optimistic for the new beginnings.
    This song comes to mind

Exciting times
    Tootle Puffing Provari Fan Gal & Newbie Squonker

AVF Regular
    They had five months to do it and despite several threats that they would be closed down, they did nothing. Eventually I lost my patience when they wouldn't even acknowledge an express post signed approval to change things. I could have closed it on the 26th June if I wanted to..

Don't worry though, the name isn't locked up by me or anything, they can start it all again as it was. I just wanted my name and personal details removed from stuff like Hoofprint above posted. On the other site the NNA AU had, my name, home address and phone number was published and I didn't like that even more.

Five months to get things sorted is way too long in my opinion and it had to end and it has. All theirs now..

AVF Regular
    Wondered when we would see you back here Donna- am sure some here missed you and your antics...

Although I did expect this post at the cafe- you did say you would post there in a week? So am a bit surprised that you are here with this?
    Support the closed autocratic NNA AU lobby group-
    Give money, sign and fill what we say then STFU- its called unity!

You actually thought that your action & thoughts matter?Its "experts" only buddy
    Pfft don't like it?... go away and start your own
    All Hail the NNA AU vape overlords!
    Delete & block the negative! It never happened- its in the past MKAY?
    (or face members & supporters wrath & tears...)
    Infiltrate, Dominate & assimilate all unbelievers..Welcome to the new NNA AU echo chamber

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast