Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 95
Like Tree346Likes

Thread: NNA Annoucements

  1. #1
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Mackay
    Posts
    7,612

    NNA Annoucements

    I'm very pleased to announce that last night Margy was ask to become a board member of NNA (AU) and she accepted. All the board members are very pleased to have her on board. I'm sure everyone would like to join the board members in congratulating Margy, and we look forward to working with her.
    Last edited by fabricator4; 09-11-17 at 03:44 PM.
    giruvian, Crisscross, CMB and 18 others like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.


  2. #2
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Hobart Tasmania
    Posts
    5,642
    Thanks Chris
    i will try very hard to help get the train back on the tracks> it might take us a while
    I joined this forum 6 years ago when I first started vaping and know a lot of the members
    giruvian, CMB, Fatman and 13 others like this.

  3. #3
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Daylesford, Victoria
    Posts
    1,657
    Wonderful news - Margy is the bomb , clever , funny and committed to do the right thing I reckon.
    Tootle Puffing Provari Fan Gal & Newbie Squonker


  4. #4
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    victoria
    Posts
    4,855
    Congrats Margy- I know you will deliver on the research

    Now you have someone who can research, another who can read science - maybe time to get a decent community development/ advocacy worker with real experience working with diverse groups and who doesnt refer to their clients as hobos or sit back and do nothing cause they are scared or blindly attack without thinking things through- perhaps someone who knows about developing policy and procedure using a more diplomatic grass roots approach and the importance of doing so ? Someone who knows about political strategy?

    Its something to aim for maybe - Perhaps later when you are all ready to have real and open elections

    Anyways - its a step in the right direction -

    I look forward Margy to seeing more of your posts - your news and research ones are always worth reading and have been a fan of yours for a very long time

    Good luck! You will be great!
    Last edited by rebelagainstthemachine; 09-11-17 at 08:29 PM.
    margyb, gtadmin, Cath Mort and 8 others like this.
    Support the closed autocratic NNA AU lobby group-
    Give money, sign and fill what we say then STFU- its called unity!

    You actually thought that your action & thoughts matter?Its "experts" only buddy
    Pfft don't like it?... go away and start your own
    All Hail the NNA AU vape overlords!
    Delete & block the negative! It never happened- its in the past MKAY?
    (or face members & supporters wrath & tears...)
    Infiltrate, Dominate & assimilate all unbelievers..Welcome to the new NNA AU echo chamber

  5. #5
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Hobart Tasmania
    Posts
    5,642
    Quote Originally Posted by rebelagainstthemachine View Post
    Congrats Margy- I know you will deliver on the research

    Now you have someone who can research, another who can read science - maybe time to get a decent community development/ advocacy worker with real experience working with diverse groups and who doesnt refer to their clients as hobos or sit back and do nothing cause they are scared or blindly attack without thinking things through- perhaps someone who knows about developing policy and procedure using a more diplomatic grass roots approach and the importance of doing so ? Someone who knows about political strategy?

    Its something to aim for maybe - Perhaps later when you are all ready to have real and open elections

    Anyways - its a step in the right direction -

    I look forward Margy to seeing more of your posts - your news and research ones are always worth reading and have been a fan of yours for a very long time

    Good luck! You will be great!
    Thank you rebel
    I will do my best
    I did do a diploma in Occupational Health and Safety a while back and do have a good grasp on risk assessments and some idea of how policies and procedures are written etc. There is a fair bit of work getting the NNA AU website back up and operational so not much will happen leading up to Christmas. I will post any research links i find here that are interesting, but you would probably beat me to that

  6. #6
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    2,119
    Congrats Margy

    These are exciting times... (def not in a Malware Turnbull voice !)

    Seriously its good to see and hear that new things are happening and it is time for renewal and re invigoration in vaping advocacy.. lordy know we live in important times .. good luck to all
    margyb, gtadmin, Cath Mort and 1 others like this.

    What is a cat's favourite colour? Purrrrrrrple !

  7. #7
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    victoria
    Posts
    4,855
    ROFL Margy sif I could beat you to stuff - esp research- Me I mostly post the light stuff unless I happen on the heavy stuff - You have always been a bit the opposite with more patience for the heavy- so am sure it will balance out ok and give me a break too


    As for the rest - OHS is a bit different to actual community development - Would suggest that you guys slowly look around for someone who has experience in conflicted communities and the kinds of politics that that all brings strategy wise, policy wise and other (Heads up tho- people who work with individuals rather than groups often have limited knowledge here )

    You will find a good strong experienced community development worker worth their weight in gold in terms of helping you all package the whole thing - your research, fabs interpretation of science, utilizing the doctor and other group members effectively, general strategizing, bringing more on board and more


    You will do fine - and yup I hear you about xmas - everyones getting to wind down around now slowly

    I look forward to your links - its about time you posted a few

    take care til next time ... now need a coffee!

    Quote Originally Posted by margyb View Post
    I will post any research links i find here that are interesting, but you would probably beat me to that
    margyb, gtadmin, Fatman and 4 others like this.
    Support the closed autocratic NNA AU lobby group-
    Give money, sign and fill what we say then STFU- its called unity!

    You actually thought that your action & thoughts matter?Its "experts" only buddy
    Pfft don't like it?... go away and start your own
    All Hail the NNA AU vape overlords!
    Delete & block the negative! It never happened- its in the past MKAY?
    (or face members & supporters wrath & tears...)
    Infiltrate, Dominate & assimilate all unbelievers..Welcome to the new NNA AU echo chamber

  8. #8
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Mackay
    Posts
    7,612
    Quote Originally Posted by 1ynne View Post
    Congrats Margy

    These are exciting times... (def not in a Malware Turnbull voice !)

    Seriously its good to see and hear that new things are happening and it is time for renewal and re invigoration in vaping advocacy.. lordy know we live in important times .. good luck to all
    It's certainly exciting times. Anti nicotine dogma will not be able to hold out too much longer in Australia. They've bet on the wrong horse and that's going to start becoming very apparent soon. The cracks are starting to show already. The harder they bleat, the more they look like goats.

    I don't really want to wind down for Christmas, there's too much to do. I do have some personal things coming up though, and it's going to get really hard to juggle everything. My message for advocates everywhere for Christmas will be one of unity. We might not all agree all of the time, but we are all heading in the same direction from where we are now.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.


  9. #9
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Gold Coast Qld
    Posts
    3,831
    Go gettem Margy... !!!!!
    Last edited by Stomp; 10-11-17 at 07:48 AM.

  10. #10
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    N/E Vic
    Posts
    1,105
    Congrats MargyB! If I can be of service, minus the lousy attempts at humour, count me in too! I'm good at licking stamps for email sending & windows (glass ones).
    The website, or I, have a glitch & can't connect atm.
    Last edited by DocM; 10-11-17 at 08:05 AM. Reason: Banging keyboard.
    margyb and 1ynne like this.
    A misguided Ape with delusions of grandeur & a chop on its' head thought it was a Griller

    Killed the nails before they killed me. 10/02/15 Thanks immensely to AVFers!

 

 
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.4
Copyright © 2017 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
All times are GMT +11. The time now is 11:04 AM.