Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Dilating Pupils

Thread: Laws for online retail of vaping products?

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Laws for online retail of vaping products?

Hey guys, so i have been looking into the laws surrounding online stores.

When i was speaking to someone about the need for tobacco retail registration for vape sales here in NSW i was told that online stores are governed by national/commonwealth laws and NOT the state laws.

I cannot find any info on the supposed commonwealth laws anywhere. Does anyone know what the deal is? Tia

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Commonwealth law is basically what we call an Act. It's the regulations for your state that are what your chasing.

Where your question gets hazy is that "online" isn't actually mentioned anywhere in the Act or the Regs, it's words like retail, vending machines etc. What our system does allow for though is for each state to implement the Act as they see fit following the legislative structure it states. They become Regulations. This is why we have so many differing laws from state to state in Aus. it may be only 2 lines different in each states Regulations or 3/4 of the document lol. Best bet is to look for the relevant Regulation for your state (not the Act) and see if it states anything about online, which I doubt it will.

https://www.legislation.nsw.gov.au/#.../2008/94/whole
    fabricator4 likes this.