Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree149Likes

Thread: Legalise Vaping campaign This Saturday 16th December-Bennelong (Sydney) By Election

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by stylemessiah View Post
    Really, trying to stir dissent again

Dont you ever tire of it

Please get a new hobby

No one cares Donna
    So he's ok?

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Davi View Post
    So he's ok?
    he is in process of moving towns

unsure on the bio thing, but i think that is why he is quiet here on AVF
    Fatman, Davi and DocM like this.
    "Vapers- The evangelical vegans of the smoking community"
    Quote Originally Posted by btobw View Post
    1 vote for DogMan because squonkers, dogs, chooks and brevity

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by stylemessiah View Post
    Really, trying to stir dissent again

Dont you ever tire of it

Please get a new hobby

No one cares Donna
    Dammit Style, you mentioned "THE NAME". Beeteljuice revisited.......
    stylemessiah likes this.
    Multipaupers

Smokeless from 10/02/15 Thanks immensely to AVFers!

AVF Regular
    Waving at ya'all - not been around much as had major right hand surgery and typing with left thumb is very hooooo dumb lol. This thread/post is great but unfortunately it will go to either LNP or Labor; both who are dickheads with blind negative views to allow Nicotine grrrrr.
    DocM and stylemessiah like this.
    ""Tootle Puffer" on Starter Kits.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by rebelagainstthemachine View Post
    Sorry but to tell people to join a community to infiltrate and assimilate into your way of thinking - kinda gets me in the there is something very wrong here bits
    The NNA board all joined this community a long time ago RATM, well before there even was an NNA.

It's not infiltration, it's just good etiquette.
    DogMan and DocM like this.

AVF Regular
    PMSL!!!

Now thats the funniest thing I have read today

Your forum the vapercafe started because you wanted to talk politics and it was understood that AVF at the time was not to become overly political - whatever...

Now vapercafe (NNA AU home forum) is struggling with its current as I type two visible members and three hidden

Now you and your NNA AU committee members are here after how long away and you are talking etiquette?

Lets be blunt here

Its been a couple of years of NNA AU committee of management hiding over there at the vapercafe hasn't it? With no formal updates on the locked thread here for the nna au from anyone official-

Infact when that forum was founded Donna went on a rampage bagging people here - another then committee member of the group chased off one or two very prominent members of AVF cause she didnt like them being vocal - donna also went on to delete many of her threads here

and where have the others been? Cowering, scared of imaginary enemies and their own community which they claim to represent? Bagging and backstabbing people on personal levels rather then confronting, addressing and acknowledging underlying issues head on

It was months before it was even announced here that Fab was a committee member (and I honestly have respect for fab even felt sorry for him when donna went on her last rampage before you banned her from your forum )

Meanwhile a few of the NNA AU members and supporters have been screaming for info and to be included in things that are outside of their wallet and within their skillsets or to be involved in decision making only to be ignored or shouted down - Hell even in this thread members of the NNA AU are saying they want to be more informed - and there is no acknowledgement! Let alone for AVF non political shmucks who just want to keep up

You know I really enjoyed your post when you first came back a few weeks ago talking about needing a new owner for AVF- I thought regardless of the circumstances it was appropriate being one of your first few comments back here

Good etiquette and other bullshit excuses aside - why are you back here and why are you pushing for AVF other then your own platform appears to be dwindling? Also what is the aversion to committee members having their own thread so that AVF is not saturated by NNAAU propaganda but are able to still keep informed?

*Sighs - yes I guess you could argue its all in the past and life is about change yada yada ... but is it? Is it really? How have things changed exactly what past realities and faults of theirs have the NNA AU committee acknowledged openly? what are they openly going to say they are going to change or is that only announceable on vapercafe?

Hell they couldnt even get the community involved in this flyer thing properly bc it would mean sharing power with the community with noone telling them no

and on that flyer - why is not pharma funded on the list of who is not funding them ? Oversight- well thats my assumption?

Im not an activist Rose - Havent been since the Vince days - sometimes I observe or comment or protest to deaf ears and I am pretty irrelevant- so I wouldn't worry about my comments

Quote Originally Posted by Rose View Post
    The NNA board all joined this community a long time ago RATM, well before there even was an NNA.

It's not infiltration, it's just good etiquette.
    Last edited by rebelagainstthemachine; 16-12-17 at 08:45 PM.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by rebelagainstthemachine View Post
    Good etiquette and other bullshit excuses aside - why are you back here and why are you pushing for AVF other then your own platform appears to be dwindling? Also what is the aversion to committee members having their own thread so that AVF is not saturated by NNAAU propaganda but are able to still keep informed?
    I'm back because I no longer believe Australia needs two forums. We did once but not any more. A few people want to keep the Cafe open, mostly just because they want the luxury of playing on two forums I think, but it no longer serves a genuine need and I will most likely be closing it when my subscriptions run out. Most of its members are back here now. My role is over.

Edit: Sorry mods, for going off topic, but it did seem appropriate to respond.
    Last edited by Rose; 16-12-17 at 08:58 PM.

Super Moderator
    And lets not spend too much time opening old wounds and continuing cross forum "pineapple "

Else we just end up exactly where we were ... circular logic will not produce different answers when its the same old questions and replies ...

Besides is Xmas, Good will to all Manki--....sigh ... ahhh forget it.... Bah Humbug like anyone will listen

Rinse repeat be amused and damn who ever gets in the way ( That was sarcasm btw please dont take me at a literal word ....sigh)

Debate ...ok .. listening ... even better... division? that's just for self serving amusement or agenda ... have we learned nothing?

Last edited by Fatman; 16-12-17 at 09:06 PM.
    Rose likes this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Attila Danko View Post
    We desperately need as many volunteers as possible to hand out leaflets at polling booths in the Sydney seat of Bennelong this Saturday 16th! It's in the Northern Suburbs, around the suburb of Ryde.

We are going to do our biggest political action ever! This Saturday, 16th December, with your help, we are going to go on an all-out campaign to make headlines and put the issue of vaping into the political consciousness at the Bennelong by Election!

We have indications that the Liberal Party is moving towards a more anti vaping stance, as we have seen with MP Greg Hunt's public statement that nicotine vaping is never going to be legalised "on my watch". We urgently need to reverse this.

They haven't listened to the science. They haven't listened to the moral argument. They haven't listened to the vapers...but they will be made to listen!

MP's might not care about the evidence, some might not care about dying smokers; but they DO care about their votes!

We are going all out on this one. Every resource we can bring together for this.

This is huge. This is historic. This threatens the Turnbull Government itself! They only have a one seat majority. They are desperate to hold on to every vote they can. Even a 1% change could make the difference. The vapers vote could be the difference.

All the eyes of the politicians will be on the seat of Bennelong this Saturday 16th of December. The seat holds particular emotional trauma for the Liberals after Maxine McKew tossed the Prime Minister John Howard out of this very seat in 2007.

We have produced a scorecard for every candidate's position on legalising nicotine vaping as a consumer product.
    We have printed 10,000 of these.

The media will be there in droves. They are always looking for something different, and we will probably be very interesting for them and we will gain a lot of attention. But rest assured if you are camera shy there will be many of us happy and willing to speak to the media and they can be directed the right way.

It is politically neutral, not saying who to vote for, just publicising each party's policy on this issue.

We have produced similar signs to put up near every booth. We hope we can be at EVERY booth. If we get 70 volunteers for the 35 booths everyone will only have to work for half a day getting the message out.

The more people we have on the ground, the more impact this will make, and the politicians will realise how important this issue is for so many voters.

We are determined to burn the issue of vaping deep into the consciousness of the major political parties. They are not "the bear", WE are the bear, and we have been poked one too many times, and we will rise up to put right this deep wrong, where we are made into criminals simply because we quit smoking the only way we can.

We will do everything we can to support volunteers. If you are considering volunteering, contact Annette Huppatz directly: ahuppatz@live.com

Link to view the flyers:
    how did it go today?
    Rose and DocM like this.
    "Vapers- The evangelical vegans of the smoking community"
    Quote Originally Posted by btobw View Post
    1 vote for DogMan because squonkers, dogs, chooks and brevity

AVF Regular
    Well then if you shut down the vaper cafe the more frightened committee members have a problem they will need to solve (hopefully as adults this time rather than highschoolers)

Hopefully tho in saying that - committee members and supporters will consider a solution like having their own formal ongoing thread so that others on AVF are not drowned out by their excitement but are still able to be informed and updated

Fatman chill!

Its not about opening old wounds - we just chatting openly and frankly - prolly overdue

Heres a happy xmas cat for you

Quote Originally Posted by Rose View Post
    I'm back because I no longer believe Australia needs two forums. We did once but not any more. A few people want to keep the Cafe open, mostly just because they want the luxury of playing on two forums I think, but it no longer serves a genuine need and I will most likely be closing it when my subscriptions run out. Most of its members are back here now. My role is over.

Edit: Sorry mods, for going off topic, but it did seem appropriate to respond.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast