Like Tree11Likes
  • 8 Post By LustStarrr
  • 2 Post By rodbam
  • 1 Post By ozman

Thread: Good article in the Guardian r.e. Australian laws & harm reduction

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Good article in the Guardian r.e. Australian laws & harm reduction

The evidence keeps piling up: e-cigarettes are definitely safer than smoking:
    https://www.theguardian.com/science/...r-than-smoking

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

AVF Regular
    Good find Lusty.
    LustStarrr and ozman like this.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    That's a great article LustStarr. The dumb political reality we live in, is you can't point at something as 'definitive research'. Policy makers are free to pick and choose the research that meets their agenda which is where Australia is at. They can perpetually campaign all the bad things about vaping based on old research and not have to be accountable for it, because it is published and remains so for as long as they can get away with it as 'fact'. At the present time I think if you polled non-smokers/non-vapors they are happy to keep it all in the same harm bucket and not support the further *perceivable* harm that vaping brings - many believe vaping is just basically perfume flavoured tobacco that has you pretending you're not smoking. The same many would also perceivably think 2nd-hand smoke from vaping is worse due to the larger sized clouds vaping can often produce. More mainstream articles like this would help a lot, and because it is a controversial story flying in the face of accepted beliefs, media is hopefully catching on - here's hoping 2018.

Maybe brevity can be my new years resolution?
    LustStarrr likes this.