Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Another exploding e-cig it seems

Another exploding e-cig it seems

Courthouse News Service

And the poor bastard's going to sue puresmoker? It was a prodigy v3 which I have a hard time believing would explode, those things are very well vented.

Also quite strange is that it was supposedly enercell batteries from radio shack wtf I don't know any mod maker who recommends enercell batteries. I didn't even know Enercell made 17670s. A quick glance at the maker's website has them including AW batteries with the full kit.

CCC

Sorry, it had to be said
    zainwolf likes this.

AVF Regular
    That mod uses only one battery as well. I cant seem to find any 17670 Enercell batteries online that are 3.7V.

Just some clueless wanker wanting cash. prob enduced the explosion him self. Maybe he was trying to smoke crack out of it.
    Just ignore me and I'll go away.

AussieVapers approved Vendor
    Wasn't this the original case from back in like, Feb?

Apparently he was using non-rechargeable li-ion batteries he bought from Radio Shack (if you read the PDF) Vapers Forum here, you may have to sign up, I'm not sure

I hope the user is found responsible, however I think the manufacturer will ultimately wear this one, I sincerely hope the vendor doesn't, however it's been bought to the attention of the courts that no proper manual or instructions were being sent out with this mod (Prodigy V3)
    Signature link removed. Violation of vendor rules.

http://forums.aussievapers.com/forum-announcements-feedback/16371-avf-moving-forward.html

Quote Originally Posted by phirex View Post
    I hope the user is found responsible, however I think the manufacturer will ultimately wear this one, I sincerely hope the vendor doesn't, however it's been bought to the attention of the courts that no proper manual or instructions were being sent out with this mod (Prodigy V3)
    With the new harmonisation legislation that's come into affect in NSW this year there are quite specific requirements on suppliers of equipment. There was always requirements under OHS, but the new WHS legislation is pulling in more parties other than just manufactures.

Tough gig for an industry that's just getting off the ground and could understand if vendors get nervous around these types of claims.

AVF Regular
    yeah, the no instructions or warnings could be an issue, but i cant remember a mod i have bought that has them, but when I get a new mod I am in such a rush to get the packaging off and up and running I wouldn't even see them anyway lol.
    gregds likes this.

AVF Regular
    nobody ever reads the destructions.....uuummm I mean the instructions for anything anyway.........but they should be supplied just in case...if your paperwork is all in place all should work out well

MY LEGEND IS BUILT ON THE CORPSES OF THOSE WHO STOOD AGAINST ME
    When asked to move a mountain, don't be daunted by the size of the mountain, merely start moving the rocks
    Provari v2 ,DIDN'Tx2, AGA-Tx2,Kir Fanis Tripolitis Tower tank, GGTS with clone ITHAKA, Sigelei Telescope,Vmax,couple of different clone mech mods, few different clone drippers and atties

php
    I got no instructions with my Prodigy V3. I'm still trying to figure out how to put crack in it!
    PHUCKDUP2 likes this.
    Cheers.... Pete.

Provari+Liquinator, Prodigy V3+306DCA, 510N, VV Egos and other bits.

AussieVapers approved Vendor
    Here's a better link to the court case,

http://www.courthousenews.com/2012/0...ctricSmoke.pdf
    Signature link removed. Violation of vendor rules.

http://forums.aussievapers.com/forum-announcements-feedback/16371-avf-moving-forward.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast