Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Tobacco Industry Creating A Safe Cigarette

AVF Regular

Tobacco Industry Creating A Safe Cigarette

Just came across this article from last year. Have scientists finally created a 'safe' cigarette? | Mail Online

It talks about a new nicotine inhaler but is different to the electronic cigarette. It says it will be a "‘non-electronic nicotine inhaler’" that looks and tastes like a real cigarette. Not much detail was given, but does anyone make any sense of this article, what it could possibly be?

Ecigs are a good alternative to smoking but they do have their downfalls. A more easier less hassle free way of vaping that actually tastes like a cigarette would be welcome.

Edit - come to think of it, if its not electronic, its impossible to get the vaper/smoke effect?
    Last edited by Ernster86; 20-04-12 at 12:34 AM.

If you cant beat 'em, join 'em. 'Big Tobacco' is just reading the writing on the wall.

It could certainly produce vapour chemically, whether it does or not I have nfi. I suspect they would pull out all stops to ensure it did though, what good are smokes without smoke..
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

Alex Hearne says BAT plans to submit its product to the MHRA to secure its status as an officially regulated product next year. He says: ‘We are very much in line with the Department of Health Strategy.’

Translation: We can afford the approval fees and we know our competition can't.

The firm is very confident. ‘There is political support for this,’ says BAT spokesman David O’Reilly. ‘In our view, e-cigarettes do not work.'

Translation: Despite the growing mountain of evidence that they do work, the UK government has realized taxing them is an uphill battle. But if we can get them banned...(see first point).

'People should be able to use nicotine, but in the safest possible way.’

Clearly a device which is unpowered, and therefore will contain additional chemicals to allow the nicotine to be realised, is "safer" than the e-cigs which just heat a simple solution. Science be damned, we can pay for the approval (see first two points) so that's what people will believe.
    Avguy, gtadmin, Scotty and 1 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Some more news Ive found this is from April 2012;

Phillip Morris is also doing the same thing read here: Smokers given hope of safe cigarette - National - NZ Herald News

BAT is expected to announce details of a new device soon.

-----------------
    Below I think are details on BAT's device:

HOW IT WORKS

* Liquid nicotine and pyruvic acid mix in a chemical reaction to form nicotine pyruvate.
    * Pyruvic acid used as an aerosol to carry the nicotine to the lungs.
    * It occurs naturally in the human body.
    * Device powered by inhalation - no heating.
    * Prototype shaped like cigarette but larger.
    * Will be miniaturised for sale.
    * Inventor expected commercial sales by 2015.

AVF Regular
    Where the spectre of Bjelke-Petersen still looms...A Banana Republic inside a Banana Republic
    Last bunch of people I would trust with developing a safe product

Sent from my personal mind control implant.
    Avguy, besure and cruzmiguel like this.
    Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Quality Australian Made eJuice: Bunyip Vapes

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Nothingexpert View Post
    Last bunch of people I would trust with developing a safe product
    Haha...fair point. But I dont think they'll be allowed to do what they did with cigarettes.

I think it can only be a good thing. This would make vaping or whatever this thing does go mainstream. It could be like the 50s and 60s again Doubtful though with todays society...

CCC
    Would this be the Nicotrol Inhaler ? Nicotrol Inhl : Uses, Side Effects, Interactions, Pictures, Warnings & Dosing - WebMD

It says you would go through 6 carts each day, and if you read the reviews, it burns your mouth and throat.
    Last edited by CCC; 20-04-12 at 08:15 AM.

Super Moderator
    I think they realise they are late to the party and scrambling to get in. Anyone got an idea of what these will cost?
    Im with NE on this.. Don't trust them with my health.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Ernster86 View Post
    Haha...fair point. But I dont think they'll be allowed to do what they did with cigarettes.

I think it can only be a good thing. This would make vaping or whatever this thing does go mainstream. It could be like the 50s and 60s again Doubtful though with todays society...
    Hey Ernster86, just thought I'd send a post so when you reply you become a senior member!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast