Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: Bernardi takes vape force one for a spin.

AVF Regular
    It's easy enough to buy nic from the USA or other places where it's legal.
    I have enough in the freezer to last my lifetime, I have some I didn't freeze that turned brown, but it still vapes ok, I can't really tell the difference in taste and I don't believe it has lost any of its strength.

AVF Regular
    I don't know which bit of RATM's post I want to quote... so I'm just going quoteless. But hell yeah all of it.

I've been thinking about this for a bit. And now I've had enough vodka to rant and **** YEAH I bought a Soda Stream - so the mixers are plentiful! CONSUMERISM! But I am out of paper umbrellas Booooooo.

At least on the unmoderated AVF I can actually let some opinions fly now, instead of playing the nicey nicey goody two shoes eh?

Do you know WHY I made this silly sig, and WHY I've been running around with it for so long even though image sigs are way out of style? Yeah - It's a fucking INTENTIONAL pride flag made out of gennys and coloured juice - because I wanted to, in some small way, say that vaping is for EVERYONE. I made it as a **** YOU - To take a stand against the anti-LGBT and casual homophobia that is/was rampant in the vaping community (and even on AVF - which is the sole reason why I didn't join back in 2012 when I actually started vaping - I didn't feel welcome).

The LGBT community has a stupidly high smoking rate - much higher than the general population - yet we account for only a tiny ass percentage of vapers. Why? Because when you whip out a vape, all the hot guys in the vicinity assume you have a matching $10 k-mart trilby, Reddit account, library of pirated Ayn Rand books. It's like... GOOD LUCK - Here's your eGo and CONGRATULATIONS YOU'RE FUCKING CELIBATE NOW YOU FUCKING NEOCON.

(Oh, yeah, and specific to AVF - there was *that* guy who shall remain nameless, who started that company that shall also remain nameless, who was about 3 years before his time - but got greedy and tried to bring in... oooohh.... the "exclusivity deals" and pushing for low nic limits to become legal for vendors - and was lambasted for throwing DIYers under the bus. Y'know... he'd probably have gotten along well with all the pollies they're holding up as the "you must vote for to save vaping" . Funny how things change...)

But yeah - my point - The fact that vaping has become a flag waving point for the fucking neocons of all "people" - absolutely fucking disgusts me. **** that noise.

No, sorry, but I will NOT sell off my right to fucking exist just for 20mg nic! They can take that shit and shove it up their fucking arse. I'd rather go back to fucking smoking tobacco - or quitting entirely - or at least quitting the vaping "community" than get in bed with the likes of them. **** that noise. I will NOT sell my fucking soul to the IPA, One Nation, and all those fucking arseholes that actively WANT to see people like me dead - or locked up in a fucking government concentration camp (oh yes, some "extremists" have suggested such a thing under different guises).

I'm all for personal liberty - very much so - but the trouble with these IPA types is they only believe in the types of personal liberties that are potentially profitable for corporations.

I really think the vaping community needs to seriously consider the long term ramifications of exactly WHO it gets into bed with... but alas, I think they're desperate and scared enough to do something stupid (when, really, the "system" at large would really rather take the easy way out and stick it's head in the sand).
    CMB, BrianS, DocM and 2 others like this.
    These things.

I have some things.
    I vape them.

AVF Regular
    A good point and made very well and articulately Fractal.
    1ynne likes this.
    When in doubt, use a bigger hammer.

Smokeless from 10/02/15 Thanks immensely to AVFers old guard!
    Heaps of stuff in high rotation

AVF Regular
    **Knocks on Fractals door ....

Excuse me Sir - May I interest you in our vendor faction of lords and saviours of the vaping community

AVATAR - Australian Vaping Advocacy, Trade and Research

*then runs off to real life for a while ...

Quote Originally Posted by Fractal View Post

(Oh, yeah, and specific to AVF - there was *that* guy who shall remain nameless, who started that company that shall also remain nameless, who was about 3 years before his time - but got greedy and tried to bring in... oooohh.... the "exclusivity deals" and pushing for low nic limits to become legal for vendors - and was lambasted for throwing DIYers under the bus. Y'know... he'd probably have gotten along well with all the pollies they're holding up as the "you must vote for to save vaping" . Funny how things change...)

DocM and 1ynne like this.
    ďBut I donít want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you canít help that," said the Cat: "weíre all mad here. Iím mad. Youíre mad."
    "How do you know Iím mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldnít have come here.Ē
    Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comic Database: Steve Hughes... Offended?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHMoDt3nSHs

AVF Regular
    well it seems that Avatar have now removed the list of vendor members - so here is a link to the list of vendors that used to be displayed on the website -that reb made earlier on !

Federal Inquiry into the use of electronic cigarettes and personal vaperisers.

after noting how Mr Dimitriou as the AVATAR representative - made the following comments to the Federal Inquiry..

sadly the link to the full transcript no longer works - because it was 'illuminating' to see all the words of AVATAR in full - and sufficient for me to realize that my previous support of this group was misplaced, and for me to boycott ever buying from the collective of vendors that AVATAR represents !

so funny how things really do not change huh ! cos it is a monstrous list of vendors
    Last edited by 1ynne; 01-03-18 at 01:26 PM.

Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.

CMB
    AVF Regular
    As far as long term ramifications of who gets into bed with who, the bigger picture playing out in politics at the moment seems to be the whole single issue thing.

The pollies in power don't have the nuts to make their own decisions eg. SSM or even Brexit in the UK and then the parties that aren't in power seek to appease groups they see as marginalised by trying to sell themselves as the cure to a single issue.

Vote for Bernadi you get vaping + homophobia + the religious right (the worst)

Vote for LDP you get vaping @20mg + guns + no mandatory bike helmets

Vote for One Nation you get vaping + no muslims

And on and on...

Nobody, even the major parties seem to have a clear holistic vision any more, just a bunch of discombobulated single issues cobbled together to appease a certain opinion or perspective.

It's almost as if the whole machine is broken.
    emu likes this.

AVF Regular
    Not broken - but possibly in transition as a natural result of radical economic rationalism as the Australian capitalist system moves more to a corporatism style model -

Add to that the problems of a two party system where checks and balances are cancelled out as a natural progression as the two parties look more like one party and you find pollies dont need to put much effort into things bc the reigns of power are handed over more to corporate and private structures

So that the role of politician is no longer one of or for the people - but rather more like an uncaring distant bureaucratic administrative role

As much as I cant stand leyonhjelm I think even he recognises that we are in an interesting time in aussie politics (Which may be of concern bc conflict is important as a role in politics) and I think this old letter to shorten may have been a hint of that concern

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...bipartisanship

Oh well

What ever

Good night

Quote Originally Posted by CMB View Post
    It's almost as if the whole machine is broken.
    Last edited by rebelagainstthemachine; 01-03-18 at 11:30 PM.
    ďBut I donít want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you canít help that," said the Cat: "weíre all mad here. Iím mad. Youíre mad."
    "How do you know Iím mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldnít have come here.Ē
    Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comic Database: Steve Hughes... Offended?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHMoDt3nSHs

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123