Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Legalise Vaping Australia movement now asking for donations

AVF Regular

Legalise Vaping Australia movement now asking for donations

I got this request for a donation from an email sent by Legalise Vaping Australia. Link removed.
    Pasted -------
    "This is not up for debate: vaping nicotine has helped millions of Americans, Britons, and EU citizens quit smoking and has been legalised by most other developed countries because of the overwhelming evidence supporting it.

But last week, Parliament released a reckless report ó championed by public health bureaucrats and backed by politicians who want to deny us the ability to make responsible decisions about our own health ó that continues to criminalise Australians attempting to quit tobacco and further denies access to proven safer alternatives to smoking.

Simply put, this report puts half-a-million Aussies' lives at risk.

That's why we need to set the record straight and continue the fight to make our own well-informed decisions about our health ó and we can't waste a moment,
    Will you pitch in so we can hold politicians and bureaucrats accountable for the lives they are putting at risk?

>>> DONATE HERE <<<

It's appalling that, as 19,000 Australians die preventable, premature deaths every year due to smoking-related illnesses, politicians ignore the evidence that has saved lives in the United States and United Kingdom.

These politicians have abandoned the opportunity to save Australian lives by delegating decisions about the legal status of nicotine to the Therapeutic Goods Administration ó an agency that has previously made misleading claims about the risks associated with nicotine.

We must fight back. The evidence is on our side, but we can only win if we have your help.

>>> DONATE HERE <<<

It won't be easy, but together, we'll win this battle for Australian lives.

óBrian"
    1ynne likes this.
    More irrelevant than yesterday

Smokeless from 10/02/15 Thanks immensely to AVFers old guard!

AVF Regular
    gosh what a surprse..
    did the link take you to a site that discloses their .. affiliations?
    and/or just how they intend to proceed from here ?

tbh I think they have shown real skill in promoting vaping, selling a social media message and being seen and telling vaping success stories across east coast aus..

now the shame is that from early reports.. their facemen were actually a bit clueless about vaping..disorganised but good hearted !

despite the good media management I guess I wonder what it is they really want to achieve (apart from donations ) !

Thoughts?

Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.

AVF Regular
    Its not an easy one - but their looser affiliations are with the IPA and David Leyonhjelm and other fringe radical conservatives - The latter having previously asked for only 20mg to be legal

Now an off the cuff thought that came to me is over the TPP which is being renegotiated and revived atm

Previously - big winners were both tobacco but moreso big pharma both of which have big funding interests and who the TPP protects with its secrecy - alot of this ties into the radical right wing politics and politicians

So yep I am curious too

Kinda funny tho in a sad kinda way the whole legalize Australia thing

Some of those people on the bus may have done internships with the IPA and paid $1000 for the privilege of working for free for them

On top of that from all stories told - many of the people on the bus have NFI about vaping and really dont know what they are fighting for - let alone anything about the mgs they are publicising

All they have really is a well funded campaign which is not a total bad thing - but it is interesting to watch them

We certainly live in interesting times...
    DocM and 1ynne like this.
    ďBut I donít want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you canít help that," said the Cat: "weíre all mad here. Iím mad. Youíre mad."
    "How do you know Iím mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldnít have come here.Ē
    Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comic Database: Steve Hughes... Offended?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHMoDt3nSHs

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by rebelagainstthemachine View Post
    alot of this ties into the radical right wing politics and politicians

So yep I am curious too

Kinda funny tho in a sad kinda way the whole legalize Australia thing

Some of those people on the bus may have done internships with the IPA and paid $1000 for the privilege of working for free for them

On top of that from all stories told - many of the people on the bus have NFI about vaping and really dont know what they are fighting for - let alone anything about the mgs they are publicising

All they have really is a well funded campaign which is not a total bad thing - but it is interesting to watch them

We certainly live in interesting times...
    That's the drift that I got at the anaemic meet in Albury. I would have written this with the promotional pen, but it broke when I pressed the button. Well observed Reb

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by 1ynne View Post
    gosh what a surprse..
    did the link take you to a site that discloses their .. affiliations?
    and/or just how they intend to proceed from here ?
    They have a media/pr team, and me being lazy sod, just gave 'em my acct number & pin.

AVF Regular
    ok I do talk in riddles.. sometimes.. ok maybe a lot of the time.. but what I think they nailed is the social media promotion and marketing about X.. X can be vaping, free range eggs, climate change with a specific focus.. your flavour of the month it is marketing by numbers.. bit like colour the pic by numbers.. not rocket science.. just a simple formula..

what kicks my bucket is why the hell other so called advocates who have had years to highlight an issue, promote a following and sell a poss solution has really done sweet FA that even comes close !

even to the point they. the Legalise crew, circulate.. collect contact details and do a follow up ... all within an issues lifetime.. so why does the NNA "lose" donor information and have to ask as a special 'once off' for dollar donations and then bodies on the ground to help at one state seat bi election.. but ignore the larger state SA election ? cos they do not understand communication channels maybe?

someone asked me what we could do to change things.. I said.. in a moment of madness.. the existing advocacy group shows no appetite to change so walk around the existing and set up something new .. and on reflection I think that still stands.. the NEW Legalise Vaping have done more for vaping that any historical groups.. time for the young uns? the oldies get too comfortable and not fussed issues beyond their social class/reach ?? Dunno.. just know that something has to change ! Information to Vapers and marketing about Vaping has been important since day one and that's a few years ago now !

Every person that a vaper spends time talking to about the bigger issues, and the social inequity is time well spent, its planting a seed of an idea that thing MUST change... so far, closed minds, closed communication channels and closed collective action by a few... well it leads to a lot of non events.. maybe its time for a charismatic someone who vapes, cares and wants others to have the same opportunity.. its the right person at the right time and so far sadly, we have totally missed that bus !

edit to add that this is just an uninformed personal opinion and I did not ask permission to post here.. nor accept the need to in any sense more than happy to hear the opinion of others.. a discussion.. alternative views.. other ideas.. all would be healthy ..Amen
    Last edited by 1ynne; 06-04-18 at 08:57 PM.

Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.

AVF Regular
    Beautifully put 1ynne,
    There was the question about "What do we vapers want? When do we want it? How do we go about getting it? Who will lead the cause? Who and how is the Funding managed/sought by? Who is accountable?
    What is the result that vapers want?
    I asked not for permission either, it's a common cause for the establishment or perhaps affiliation with a view to caress the outcome to a consensus reached. From the bottom up.
    Hallelujah!

AVF Regular
    https://www.thecommonsenseproject.or...egalise_vaping

Sign this.

Liberal Democratic party and the many members of the legislative council are currently blocking all of the health ministers bills until he changes his views on vaping.

AVF Regular
    Arth - its the liberal democrats (as well as AVATAR the vendors group) that are pushing only for a 20 mg limit with no stipulation for DIY mentioned - would possibly stuff a lot of people around if it went through

Now about that Jihad you mentioned all those centuries ago ... Im still waiting .. tap tap ... ;p
    DocM and 1ynne like this.
    ďBut I donít want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you canít help that," said the Cat: "weíre all mad here. Iím mad. Youíre mad."
    "How do you know Iím mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldnít have come here.Ē
    Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comic Database: Steve Hughes... Offended?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHMoDt3nSHs

emu
    AVF Regular
    Can't stand any fucking liberal

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast