Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Impact on Tobacco Users - Budget 2012

Super Moderator

Impact on Tobacco Users - Budget 2012

Budget 2012 slashes duty free cigarettes, taxes beer | Perth Now

SMOKERS have been hit like never before, with a clampdown on duty-free cigarettes and tobacco police to enforce new plain packaging laws.

From September 1 the government will reduce the inbound duty free allowance for international travellers to 50 cigarettes or 50 grams of tobacco.

Scrapping the duty free perk will rip an extra $600 million from smokers' pockets over four years.

The measure will raise $115 million in its first year rising to $175 million by 2015.

Budget 2012 slashes duty free cigarettes, taxes beer | Perth Now

Looks like beloved beer will also attract increased tax. Looks like this plan to return to surplus will come from.... us. Need this mob gone.

The funny thing is any hope of regulating/legislating E cigs are gone now,their dependency on Cig tax is getting beyond the joke!

And while pretending to try & stop people from smoking by increasing taxes the real deal is that smokers will smoke even instead of eating!

This is by far the most incompetent government i have ever seen in this country and i hope people dont forget that come election time!

Quote Originally Posted by Avguy View Post

This is by far the most incompetent government i have ever seen in this country and i hope people dont forget that come election time!
    Is the opposition any better though...?

AVF Regular
    Why Tax my beer more. Time to start making my beer at home.
    This government has lost its grasp on reality and all they are focused to do is to try and get to surplus by any means possible. Cut funding to schools tax tobacco higher and higher tax alcohol higher. This isnít even luxury tax this is madness.
    I read that they are also going to go crazy on the piracy and internet filtering.

CCC
    It is sad that some smokers will forgo food to smoke, some will quit, but some will turn to crime. sux.
    RIDING OLD SKOOL likes this.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Number23 View Post
    Is the opposition any better though...?
    Honestly? I believe anyone is better. My late nanna would do a better job from freo cemetery.
    AutumnGirl likes this.

AVF Regular
    This is just so stupid. Its tourists that are going to be slugged and they're already hating the taxes.

You'd think Rudd would pipe up about the huge number of smokers who visit here from China. Way to kill the industry...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

this government is pushing low income smokers towards crime....smack addicts have methadone and other treatments, while want to be ex smokers get shafted until they go cold turkey.
    Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see.....im off to the PUB

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by RIDING OLD SKOOL View Post
    this government is pushing low income smokers towards crime....smack addicts have methadone and other treatments, while want to be ex smokers get shafted until they go cold turkey.
    the government provides the sucidal drug called Champix for the smokers on subsidy. yes do not smoke but be susidal and alter your state of mind and have thoughts of killing yourself and the people around you.
    RIDING OLD SKOOL likes this.

"From September 1 the government will reduce the inbound duty free allowance for international travellers to 50 cigarettes or 50 grams of tobacco."

Wow.. that's insane.. and way too obvious to the general public that it's purely revenue driven..
    To view my e-cig reviews and videos visit: http://www.youtube.com/user/light487

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast