Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Interview with cardiologist Dr K Farsalinos

AVF Regular

Interview with cardiologist Dr K Farsalinos

I thought this should be posted here
    It was posted in general ecig discussion by RC ( thanks RC )
    I think this interview with the cardiologist was very positive and you should watch it ( skip the first 20 minutes)
    Being in the medical profession I found it very interesting and very positive
    I know the video and audio is out of sync but I didnt want this interview to get lost

http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PL...v=poOP9skjaxM#
    Last edited by margyb; 25-05-12 at 02:03 PM.

Thanks for doing this margyb, I was thinking that it was getting lost or there was not much interest.

I think it is an important study.

RC
    margyb likes this.

AVF Regular
    I think it is VERY IMPORTANT

I just hope others will watch it too RC

the doctor said it is an ethical crime to ban ecigarettes and make ex smokers start smoking again
    Ravenscroft and mink like this.

AVF Regular
    Just found this
    It looks like the cardiologist is going to be working with the clearstream project

Cooperation with Dr. Farsalinos | ClearStream by FlavourArt

04:38 PM | 0 Comments
    Cooperation with Dr. Farsalinos

We are pleased to announce that we have undertaken a cooperation with Dr. Konstantinos Farsalinos, Cardiologist at the Onassis Cardiac Surgery Center in Athens.

Dr. Farsalinos is well known for his studies on the effects of the electronic cigarette on the heart, through this new cooperation, new clinical study protocols have been designed, that will start very soon .

Here is the declaration by Dr. Konstantinos:

“I am pleased to announce the beginning of cooperation with FlavourArt Srl in the field of medical research on electronic cigarettes. The cooperation mainly involves funding of independent clinical research performed by our research group. Our goal is to provide to the public and to the scientific community more clinical data on the safety of electronic cigarettes. All our efforts will be concentrated on performing research in a way that will address all questions that are currently unanswered concerning the effects of electronic cigarettes on the human organism.”
    GirlyPantz and addey like this.

wow, 'all questions that are currently unanswered' .. sounds like they really mean business.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

AVF Regular
    I have listened to Dr Konstantinos Farsalinos inteview many times . If they ever ban nic I will go to court and make the judge watch it.
    I know it goes over a lot of heads but he is adamant if more people start testing nic then vendors will have to improve their quality control .
    1 nicotine patch has the same amount of nitrosamines as 1 ml of eliquid. He has heaps of charts in his interview.

He talks about the chinese just trying to make money and not caring about quality control 1hr 30 mins in interview.

In his interview he presents a lot of evidence
    Once the doctor (smoker) started doing research on eliquid and vaping and the very little effect it has on the cardiovascular system (compared to smoking) he started using a Lavatube and mixes his own juice ( he likes VG)

Sorry for rant but I am very passionate about this
    Robray and bren like this.

I hope he is successful because it would be a great thing if they pass these things, or at the very least, get some QC and consistency behind the industry.
    JuiceWhore Sig

AVF Regular
    JUST FOUND THIS RESPONSE FROM KURT(ECF CHEMIST) RE CARDIOLOGIST DR K FARSALINOS
    Kurt
    Quantum Vapyre
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Originally Posted by Dimitris
    Thank you for all the kind comments and im aware this ran a bit long. Data requires time, and i wanted to make sure all the doctors points came across.
    This needs a big bump. I just found and watched this show. Not sure how I missed it until now, but May and June were crazy busy for me.

Dimitris, in my opinion this is the best and most important vaping show yet done, in terms of the safety and physiological impact of vaping vs smoking. Three huge and sustained cheers for you, Vape Team, and especially Dr. K. The work Dr. K did and cited is a detailed tour de force of almost all aspects of vaping that we have all been wondering about. He was so masterful at combining studies of many other researchers, so intelligent about how he chose his sample groups, so technologically advanced with his echo imaging (have never seen this until now), and so passionate about negating the silly and threatening gov't rhetoric. I am truly blown away.

And so very happy! He answered so many questions I have had since starting vaping, and so well! As a chemist, I have long suspected that while we may go through milliliters of e-juice a day, if we are vaping with a device meant to produce a lot of visible vapor, we are getting but a small fraction of the nicotine present in the liquid...unless of course we hold our breath after taking a hit. And the physiological risk of vaping a clean and pure e-juice (no TSNAs from sloppy nic extraction) are so negligible as to be a non-issue. This aspect I did not know, and it was always in the back of my mind. "Well it ain't as bad a smoking analogs" never cut it for me completely. On the subject of health and safety his presentation was a validating and thunderous slam dunk.

I am also completely in agreement with him with what he says about flavors, and I was really happy when Lou asked about this. Flavors are, in fact, the biggest uncertainty we have in vaping, and there are thousands of flavor compounds with a huge variety of chemical properties, many of which are completely unknown in terms of long-term inhalation. Most are probably safe, but recipes can be made from many different compounds (strawberry flavoring is actually 50+ different chemicals), and we simply do not know how they affect us. Focusing on one or two, like diacetyl, and thinking that removing that flavoring will make all right is simply very naive thinking. I have been doing what he does for a long time now: DIY, VG, unflavored or very minimal flavoring. Besides, flavor perception is very fickle. It's so easy and normal to saturate taste and olfactory centers with too much flavor. I vape unflavored 90% of the time, and then when I vape something with 2% flavoring (normal flavors, not the new concentrated ones), that flavor is so pleasant, and not heavy like most commercial juices are.

In fact, this video and presentation was so good, so uplifting for me, and so important for the vaping consumers and industry, that it suddenly makes all the other videos of crazy PVs, variable voltage, tanks, etc, even better than they were before...because it is now scientifically shown: go ahead and vape, it will do you no harm!

And I think I'm going to get a Lava Tube now. Talk about an endorsement! I wonder if sales for this mod have increased since you aired this.

This is the best thing I have seen in vaping media yet. You, the Team, and especially Dr. K, have validated the entire technology. The only thing that would make this better, in terms of the science, is that it is peer reviewed and published in a reputable journal. That it has been accepted for an oral presentation at a huge cardio conference is excellent. Perhaps he will inform us about the response and interest he gets.

This video should be a sticky! Perhaps it should be further edited as Dr. K does repeat himself. Or perhaps it could be divided into smaller parts. I know this would be more work, but I think it is that important for all to be able to see this easily.

You have made my vaping 100x more pleasurable than it was before seeing this. A million thanks, Dimitris!
    Last edited by margyb; 30-07-12 at 11:27 PM.
    Ravenscroft and Robray like this.

AVF Regular
    Ravenscroft likes this.
    Quit date : 10/5/2011

AVF Regular
    Kettering south tassie / northern Antarctica
    just watched 2 hours of it and in so glad i gave up the smokes for vaping now when people give me the shits about vaping
    ill be able to give them a link to this its unbelievable the government hasn't done more resurch into ecigs hope this leads to good things down the track
    Ravenscroft and margyb like this.
    funny gifs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast