Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: The E Cigarette As We Know it Wil Never Be The Same Again

AVF Regular

The E Cigarette As We Know it Wil Never Be The Same Again

Here's an awesome and very positive interview with the CEO of Lorrilard/Blue Cigs....

http://www.virtual-strategy.com/2012...te-acquisition

He says that Blu told him their product as of now is only 15% of what they hope to achieve.

Pretty exciting I think. There are so many improvements the Ecigarette could go under.

• Size more similar to analog
    • Weight more similar to analog
    • Works without needing a battery/imroved batt life
    • Dripping, refilling tanks not needed
    • The Mouth end of the ecig should be spongey like a cigarette so we feel we are really sucking on something instead of hard plastic
    • Improvements so we can drag for 2 seconds and get heaps of vapor instead of the time we need to currently
    • Improved taste

Not sure if there is anything else that could be improved on.
    Last edited by Ernster86; 28-05-12 at 07:49 PM.
    margyb likes this.

Most vapers want to get away from feeling like we are smoking cigarettes, so some of those 'improvements' really aren't what most want. A spongey mouth piece? Ick, no thanks.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by AutumnGirl View Post
    A spongey mouth piece? Ick, no thanks.
    Perhaps spongey was the wrong word. Somethingh closer to a cigarette butt. As of now it feels like effort to take a draw on an ecig. Minor nusense of course but nothing wrong with looking for improvements.
    nayomee77 likes this.

AVF Regular
    Most vapers want to get away from feeling like we are smoking cigarettes.
    Whether thats true or not, thats what its going to take for ecigs to enjoy mass market appeal. IMO..
    nayomee77 likes this.

I agree there will always be room for improvements, definitely. As for ecigs becoming more like cigarettes, I don't see it as a good or popular move at all.
    You say it feels like an effort to draw on an ecig, and I think this is something all new vapers feel. You will get used to it over time. I continued to smoke cigarettes for over 2 years after I began vaping. I was obviously used to the different experience with each, and now that I don't smoke, I can say I much prefer the 'feeling' of vaping.
    I understand that new vapers are wanting their ecig journey to be as close to possible to simulating smoking. I can't see that ever being the case and don't believe it should be.
    gregds, HangDog, extre248 and 2 others like this.

I agree there will always be room for improvements, definitely. As for ecigs becoming more like cigarettes, I don't see it as a good or popular move at all.
    You say it feels like an effort to draw on an ecig, and I think this is something all new vapers feel. You will get used to it over time. I continued to smoke cigarettes for over 2 years after I began vaping. I was obviously used to the different experience with each, and now that I don't smoke, I can say I much prefer the 'feeling' of vaping.
    I understand that new vapers are wanting their ecig journey to be as close to possible to simulating smoking. I can't see that ever being the case and don't believe it should be.
    If you want to retain vapers and keep them away from cigarettes you need to make it as easy as possible to take up the habit and stay on it. While long term vapers may prefer something different, moving closer and closer to real cigarettes is the only way that you could capture the clueless masses. Just means we need different types of products for different people.
    HangDog, margyb and Ernster86 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bass Junkie View Post
    If you want to retain vapers and keep them away from cigarettes you need to make it as easy as possible to take up the habit and stay on it. While long term vapers may prefer something different, moving closer and closer to real cigarettes is the only way that you could capture the clueless masses. Just means we need different types of products for different people.
    Yeah I agree with this. I'm kinda one of the clueless masses trying to become a non clueless user. lol. I haven't had a cig since I started, but I've sure had my share of stuff ups along my 3 month journey.

I do believe if they made a noob friendly device, even if it was more expensive, as long as it worked well, it could suit a large population and get them off the cigarettes, which is a great thing.
    margyb and nayomee77 like this.
    JuiceWhore Sig

Quote Originally Posted by bren View Post
    I do believe if they made a noob friendly device, even if it was more expensive, as long as it worked well, it could suit a large population and get them off the cigarettes, which is a great thing.
    This 110%. For many people, vaping in it's current form is too complicated.

The trick in my mind is to make sure that these "newer, better" e-cigs don't end up the only ones approved for sale with current juice mixing and refillable designs banned as a result.
    HangDog and margyb like this.

Quote Originally Posted by soundasleep View Post

The trick in my mind is to make sure that these "newer, better" e-cigs don't end up the only ones approved for sale with current juice mixing and refillable designs banned as a result.
    Thanks soundasleep. I think that might be the first thing I've got right since I started vaping.

And I agree with you too. I wouldn't want to be stuck having a very limited range that is approved, while they ban all the current devices.
    arjay55 likes this.
    JuiceWhore Sig

Recently someone at work noticed I was vaping at my desk and asked what I was doing. I absolutely love explaining so I whipped the drip tip out of the carto, showed them the inside, explained what it was doing and how it worked and the benefits. The person I was explaining to seemed to understand the explanation ... but the following is as close as I can recreate the conversation AFTER explanation:

Them: So you're doing this to quit smoking.
    Me: I have quit smoking - I haven't had a cigarette in X days (I think it was about 45 at the time). I don't smoke any more - I vape.
    Them: But you use an e-cigarette - that's the same as smoking.

This has been an infrequent reaction - I'd guess about 1 in 8, and I have been able to overcome the confusion IF the person I'm talking to is able to maintain their attention span for long enough.

I suspect that making devices which look and feel even more like a cigarette is going to increase the perception that vaping and smoking are the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by soundasleep View Post
    I'll grant you that it can be complicated ... the geek in me is revelling in it. But it can be as simple as screwing a prefilled carto onto a battery. If that's too complicated for someone, then they are actively looking for excuses to keep smoking.

What is too complicated is the mass of information out there. Even the FAQs can (and often do) leave people confused ... and they end up either finding a forum or chucking it in. What a mainstream manufacturer will have to do is clear that confusion. I think that is what will bring vaping to more people, rather than the appearance of the pv.
    soundasleep, HangDog and nayomee77 like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast