Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Stoney

Thread: What are our defences against sabotage?

What are our defences against sabotage?

The situation with nicotine in Australia is not that bad at the moment. It could be better, but as for now, I usually make my one big purchase of nicotine from overseas every few months, and the rest of my vaping inventory I purchase locally. In a way, this current system is kind of ideal to screen out those who would be likely to abuse nicotine posession. You can't just go down to a corner shop and ask for 18mg/mL of Del's Ultimate. There's mixing involved, and I kind of like that personally. There's art and a touch of pride in the whole process. It's part of my interest in Vaping itself.

I'm not saying that eVape is intentionally sabotaging the good thing we have at the moment, but what they are doing in the sale of nicotine is controversial, and their business model needs to be examined. I'm curious as to whether they've stumbled upon a loop hole, though I have strong doubts.

But either way, it has got me thinking about future concerns. My (paranoid-conspiracy-theory) concerns are that agent provocateurs may be set up by the tobacco industry, state nanny puritanical beurocrats, or anyone else who benefits from heavy restrictions on vaping nicotine liquids, and by those who feed on the death of thousands of tobacco smokers.

How can the Australian Vaping Community, both as individuals and as a collective, distance themselves from those who walk the line of breaking the rules, so that we can preserve what rights we still have in regards to importation and possession of nicotine liquids?

as individuals .. will leave that up to the individual.

as an active participant in the vaping community who wishes to protect the freedoms we currently have, I can only be pro active insofar as not supporting vendors who want to flaunt the rules.
    by not supporting .. i mean removing all traces of them from this site if need be.

no mention of them allowed in any thread.

basically the same as I treat OS vendors offering pure nic which I see as possibly more dangerous to our activity if it ever went pear shaped.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    LOL Mav, you need to cut down on the nicotine &/or caffeine &/or other stimulants, you are stirring up conspiracy theories in your own mind
    There is very little we can actually do, if some of the things you mentioned happen. The question is are they very likely to happen & the answer is no. Sure they could but at present they do not seem at all likely.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

So what's the conspiracy? What rules are they flaunting?

As far as I can tell they're not selling direct, they are basically forwarding your order to an overseas supplier and your shipment comes direct from them. I guess morally they are flouting the rules but legally they are probably within their rights to carry on. They are not supplying nic, they are supplying the service of forwarding your order to an overseas supplier.

What could bring them unstuck is the money trail. If they are simply forwarding your order along with payment details to their supplier then they're probably untouchable.
    But if they themselves are accepting full payment from the customer then making a separate order through their supplier then they could be seen as supplying nic themselves. Whether or not it is shipped direct from the supplier to the customer they have still taken payment for the supply of nic.

It's a slippery slope they are skating and I personally won't be a party to it by ordering through them. I suppose as a community all we can do is, as Stoney suggested, collectively starve them of oxygen on this forum.

Cheers
    Daily Setup: Modded 3400mah FDV iStick, Orchid v4 RTA
    Daily Juice: Vaporeyes - Lazer Lombardi
    In the mail: Vapor Flask DNA40

...........which would mean this thread should be nuked

Cheers

...........or atleast remove their name

Cheers

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by MACCA350 View Post
    ...........or atleast remove their name

Cheers
    Agree, if the name is posted it will be looked for.

I haven't come to a decision yet.
    I personally do not think what they are doing is a big deal, but I am representing the forum, whether its the wishes of the forum members, including vendors or the owner. Who are the ones bearing any possible legal implications, basically jato and in a smaller part myself as I have control over whats posted.
    Again .. I do not think it would ever come down to that, but hell, it is a possibility.

I strongly believe that all the vendors here should operate on a level field, part of that is doing nothing illegal.

I do not however know. for 100% fact, that what they are doing is illegal, I suspect it is and as such the thread is hidden till its determined one way or the other.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D