Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Let's Exploit Children

Let's Exploit Children

Check out this piece of manipulative propaganda. I think the amount of money spent on this video telling people not to smoke could have went into purchasing hundreds of eGo batteries for the public to try.

Makes me wonder. They spend millions of dollars on telling people not to do something, but have they ever considered spending a little letting people know of the other options for nicotine delivery?

Just checking out Becky Freeman's twitter account. If you missed the aussie vapers thread, she's the author of this appalling and misinformed article.

Nanny Becky seems to get stuck on telling people not only what not to inhale, but also things they should not eat and drink. She is a classic Puritan. A hundred years ago, it was all about sexual puritism. These days its all about nutritional puritism. Will we ever live in a world where people are free to choose the way they live their lives without stigmatisation and government oversight, even when their life choices don't affect anyone else?

Paternalistic government is old fashioned and ended a long time ago. They need to get over it. We're not children. We don't need a nanny.

Here's what the world has come to, and unfortunately even vapers get treated like this, especially at train stations ;

Last edited by mavinry4; 27-07-12 at 12:07 PM.
    valleyjohn likes this.

their little fingers do make great t shirt stitching though.
    D1git and Robray like this.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

Quote Originally Posted by Stoney View Post
    their little fingers do make great t shirt stitching though.
    Not to mention their assembling of the e-cigs.

Quality stuff.
    Robray likes this.

I don't normally swear but crock of shit is the only words I can think of to describe that appalling advert.

This video should start at 14m 25s

darn it.. watever.

CCC
    LOL ice cubes and mint :S

I actually though it was a pretty damn good ad, manipulative .. yes, thats the whole idea of ads.
    got the 'won't somebody pleeease think of the children' going on insanely of course.

what happened to that plain packaging legislation, thought it was supposed to have started by now.
    If I was a smoker, i might care .. but I'm not.
    gregds, CCC and Thereupon like this.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

AVF Regular
    Did someone say Exploiting Children!!!!!!!
    Australis likes this.

AVF Regular
    Wonderland of happyness.. i might take up smoking again
    Thereupon likes this.
    The trouble with most of us is that we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism - Norman Vincent Peale

Wow, I liked that ad and thought it was really effective.

It's amazing how influential marketing can be even when you believe you're in control it a can still heavily influence you.
    I'm not ashamed to say, I wish I had never started smoking when I did as a young teenager. Damn habit has been part of most of my life and one that has dragged the black dog out with it occasionally pulling me deep down in the dumps.

Fortunately for me, vaping has released that habit (albeit created another) and although there were a variety of reasons that led to that decision including health, money, social it was ultimately the pleas from my family, particularly my children all but begging me to stop and to be with them longer helped me break it.

I suppose its a fine line between the right for a retailer, distributor or manufacture to share information and advertise for the sale of their products and that of bombardment or stealth subliminal style messaging that influence our daily lives and ultimately we as adults who believe we are in control of our own decisions but I do find that I can be influenced by marketing whether its obvious or not.

Funny though, one of my kids was doing an assignment for her school on social influences and as part of that research she was amazed to discover that more people around the world are familiar with the McDonald's big M symbol than of the Christian cross.

Marketing comes in all forms too, LOL, I know when I too busy at home and work to stay on track of what's happening in the ecig world, I also find that I've spent bugger all on new devices and mods, however whenever I'm surfing and reading up on all the latest stories I find I can't help my self going on spending sprees and topping up gear, mods and juices again, even though I haven't run out.

Anyway, have probably gone off track slightly, but happy to say I would have no regrets if my life was re-run without the nasty cigarettes in it.
    Last edited by gregds; 28-07-12 at 08:19 AM.
    margyb likes this.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast