Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree97Likes

Thread: Finally been pulled up at work about vaping :(

Super Moderator

Finally been pulled up at work about vaping :(

Well, today I had to go to a meeting with my supervisor and the H & S guy at work. I work in an office (open with cubicles) and whilst I don't "stealth vape" in the sense of hiding it completely, I am very subtle about it. I don't blow huge clouds of vapour, but there would be a very small amount exhaled. Although I am very open about the fact that I am vaping. Now a couple of people have asked me what it is (most thought it was something asthma related) and I have been happy to explain. But, naturally, someone had to have a word to my supervisor.

Now the part that annoys me here is that the motivation behind the comments isn't a fear for their health, it's not that they find the smell offensive (if anyone in close proximity to my desk did dislike the smell and informed me, I would be perfectly happy offering to vape outside as I see that as a courtesy to fellow workers), but the point made was smokers weren't allowed to smoke at their desk therefore I shouldn't be allowed to vape at my desk.

So I have been asked to provide some documentation on what exactly is in the vapour we exhale. Work don't care obviously what I am taking into my body, just what I could be exposing others to in the exhaled vapour. To be very fair to the company, they are taking this a step at a time, as noone knows alot about vaping at work, and are not just insisting that I vape outside. I have been going through the stuff on this forum tonight, but it's hard as most stuff refers to what's in an ecig, and the importing schedules, but not about what's in the exhaled vapour. I have emailed the report done by Ruyan in NZ as there is a section there that talks about effect on people around you, but am still going to search for more.

If it looks as though they are going to ask me to go outside due to the nicotine (everyone is so hung up on the nicotine) then I am considering offering to vape zero nic pg with flavouring whilst in the office. Surely, there can be no reasoning to complain about that?? So far though, I have to admit, I'm happy at least by the way the company is handling it - they are being mindful of my rights as well and are not just having a knee jerk reaction and booting me outside.
    Ingrid

Quote Originally Posted by rockmoose View Post
    Is Ingrid the only one who thinks my penis looks slightly vaginal?

AVF Regular
    I got told off because it was too noisy.

have a look for the flavor art clearstream results, they show no nic in te exhale, clean air filters etc..
    gtadmin likes this.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

Super Moderator
    am going to have a look for that now Stoney - cheers
    Ingrid

Quote Originally Posted by rockmoose View Post
    Is Ingrid the only one who thinks my penis looks slightly vaginal?

AVF Regular
    sounds like a jealous smoker having a whine.o nic would be the same as boiling the jug at your desk with a pleasant odor.
    RIP VP

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by arth_d View Post
    I got told off because it was too noisy.
    What .....

AVF Regular
    The crackling of the carto was too loud. LR Boges can be pretty noisy. I moved onto startdusts after that. Then got made redundant now I vape in my jocks at home.
    Noe, shipo, juddyau and 6 others like this.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by arth_d View Post
    The crackling of the carto was too loud. LR Boges can be pretty noisy. I moved onto startdusts after that. Then got made redundant now I vape in my jocks at home.
    Didn't anybody talk, or make coffee? But the last bit was ... waaay too much info!

AVF Regular
    It was pretty quiet in there. For the last 6 months all I did was sat on the Aussie Vapers forum. Then they decided that they would stop paying me to talk shit online. Now I actually have to work for my money.

hope it all turns out favorably Ings..

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast