Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By mavinry4
  • 1 Post By mavinry4

Thread: 11 minutes of F.T.W

11 minutes of F.T.W

I wonder how much "influence" nicorette and other pharmacuetical companies are having on our government to kill IP rights of tobacco companies, and seek more restrictions on nicotine, so they can gain a monopoly/duopoly on the nicotine market.

Remember this guy? "Evil" Lobbyist Jack Abramoff reveals how the Wicked West Works;

Ravenscroft likes this.

Super Moderator
    Just watched Michael Moores "Sicko" on SBS again last night ....said pretty much the same thing ... all these members of congress passing bills for big pharma who donate enormous amounts of money to their campaign funds ... I think in one instance after passing the major bill on medication for the elderly , about a dozen of the congressmen involved walked straight into huge paying jobs in the private sector within the medical/pharma field .... depressing .
    The dude in charge of presenting and ratifying it became the CEO of the Association representing Pharmaceutical interests on a multi million dollar salary ... How can people see things like this happening and just walk away going " Oh Well "

Postscript ( I realise Micheal Moore presents a very biased view of things , and has been known to stretch the truth LOL , but in the above instance it was quite impressive , with actual dollar amounts superimposed above all the members involved ... I am thinking he couldnt have made that up cos they woulda sued him into the ground ... it wasnt allegation , it was presentation of fact )
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

seen it before and hit the record on the tivo for the last majority of it, will watch it with the missus tonight if I can tie her to a chair to be forcefed a doco.

I would like to hear moores take on obamas reforms actually.

theres not much negative on the film on wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sicko

despite 4 years to dispute any areas.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

Super Moderator
    Its a good watch Stoney , once you get past a few areas of Moores smoke and mirrors hype , there is still a lot of substance in it .
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

i know, like i said .. seen it before
    its why I was quite a fan of what obama was trying to achieve and I am wondering, just how much it will help.
    those HMO's over there need some of the accountants jailed for murder.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

I just dislike how Micheal Moore presents this doco. It went on way too long with the guilt tripping. I skipped the first 30 min of SiCKO just to get to the juicey political part.
    Fatman likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatman View Post
    but in the above instance it was quite impressive , with actual dollar amounts superimposed above all the members involved ... I am thinking he couldnt have made that up cos they woulda sued him into the ground ... it wasnt allegation , it was presentation of fact )
    The cynical part of me says that if they're not suing over the figures they were paid, then they were probably paid much more, and so laying low as damage control.