Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By mavinry4
  • 4 Post By soundasleep
  • 2 Post By a1120028

Thread: Cyber-Bully Simon Chapman Sooks about Being Bullied

Cyber-Bully Simon Chapman Sooks about Being Bullied

Simon Chapman, Professor of Public Health at the University of Sydney, doesn't have a Medical Degree. Yet he appears to have influence in public health policy. His twitter page is full of unprofessional smart alec remarks aimed at bullying tobacco company's twitter pages. He mocks and bullies those who express their disenchantment with the way the government oppresses it's citizens through strict health policies related to nicotine intake and diet. In the 1980's he convinced the government to ban smokeless tobacco products. He himself is now claiming to be a victim of cyber-bullying. He, and his protégé student, Becky Freeman, are now coming after electronic cigarettes and nicotine (see this link for AVF thread). While science is on the side of the electronic cigarette industry that the devices do help people to stop smoking and that nicotine is not harmful, it appears that Simon Chapman disregards science, and has the ear of politicians to get his way.

He is Australia's answer to Ellen Hahn.

https://theconversation.edu.au/hate-...ic-health-9329

Quote from article ;

According to the tobacco lobbyists, I am “the Worst Public Health Person In The World … the perfect storm of a card-carrying public health person who is harmful to both public health science and the public’s health.” I am also “responsible for the most pointless deaths of his countrymen since the guy who ordered the army to Gallipoli”.

All this is because in the 1980s, I advised the government to ban smokeless tobacco (chewing tobacco and snuff) in Australia, thwarting a circling US tobacco company hoping to start a whole new route of addiction here.

For years, the author of this nastiness, “Professor” Carl Phillips who “runs a university-like research shop”, took money from the smokeless tobacco industry. Unlike the fools who awarded me various medals for my work, Carl notes that “nothing Chapman ever did made any substantial difference in the inexorable flow” away from smoking. Apparently, it all happens by itself.

Medals. Bureaucracy at it's finest. As you can see in his quote, he has a conflict with "addiction", not tobacco, and not electronic cigarettes or nicotine. His position is therefore based on his own version of morality concerning addiction and pleasure, which is exactly as the Churches do, and their views, as is his, have no place in our legal system.

Not all addictions are harmful, destructive, unmanageable, or inherently bad or immoral. Nicotine addiction alone, certainly is not, and has been shown to not be adverse to one's health.

end of rant.
    Last edited by mavinry4; 06-09-12 at 03:54 PM. Reason: links
    wood duck likes this.

Carl Phillips runs this website ;

Tobaccoharmreduction.org

Some interesting research articles there.

Personally I think Simon Chapman is the sort of "public health adviser" that should be taken out and shot. Publicly.

Given the massive amount of evidence gathered over the past 30 years about the relative safety of smokeless tobacco products and he is PROUD he got them banned in Australia? By my calculations that makes him responsible for over 31,000 deaths since 1991 alone. Definently something to be proud of /sarcasm.

I'm beginning to like this guy, Professor Carl Phillips.

"If you ban electronic cigarettes based on the FDA study, you'd have to ban half the foods that are available"

Last edited by mavinry4; 06-09-12 at 04:18 PM.

Proof is in the puddin as they say. I gave up, my 50 a day parent's gave up, so **** him!! And the rest of those do gooding, tree hugging, fuckwit hippy tossers.
    arjay55 and wood duck like this.

I guess that's why snuss isn't available in Aus, He's living in the dark ages.
    Prick.