Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Frightening proposition

Frightening proposition

Ill will be brief, but a friend of mine whom is involved law enforcement told me this tonight.

The local constabulary are considering eciggs (particulary mods) to fall into the below classification>>

http://www.health.qld.gov.au/tobacco...ents/32836.pdf

It appears there is a new trend of people making use of e-ciggarette devices as a method of delivery for illicit drugs, amphetamine, ice and hash oil ect. So the stance is forming that the 'devices' themselves will be treated as per the above bulletin from Qld health.

Thoughts??
    "It's a Grower....Not a 'Shower'!!!" - Bender B. Rodriguez

AussieVapers approved Vendor
    Well if a user wanted to use a PV to inhale a vapour made from a liquid containing an illicit substance then an e-cig would certainly fit the bill.

My wife always forgives me when she is wrong.

AVF Regular
    Where the spectre of Bjelke-Petersen still looms...A Banana Republic inside a Banana Republic
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylee74 View Post

It appears there is a new trend of people making use of e-ciggarette devices as a method of delivery for illicit drugs, amphetamine, ice and hash oil ect.

Crock of shit. Not enough people know what a fucking mod is to use it. They can fucking test me for intoxication before they even think they are getting their hands on my Provari. I take mine into a jail every shift and nothing has been said. People at work make jokes about it looking like a bong or hash pipe. These people obviously live very sheltered lives - only a clueless retard would think even a tanked mod actually looks like a bong. Sure a point of goey or smack would easily dissolve into the amount of liquid that fits in a standard boge, but consider this:

1) I can just mainline the point and get a better effect - less waste (no one wants to get less than the best possible effect from their drugs!)
    2) Why the **** would I want to **** around dissolving hash oil in e-liquid when I can just buy a herbal vapouriser? Same goes for grinding up ice rocks.
    3) If this was the case the mainstream media would be all over it like a fucking rash.

Seriously I deal with drug addicts on a daily basis and the majority of them just aren't that smart. Cunning maybe. Smart, no.
    wood duck likes this.
    Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Quality Australian Made eJuice: Bunyip Vapes

Super Moderator
    Does this mean Nicorette inhalers will be seized? Ventolin puffers ?
    I think Electronic cigarettes have actually reached a point where even enforcement are aware of their uses .... One would think as e-cigs are impliments for delivering nicotine ( which is only an illegal substance if traded for a profit locally in its Poison Schedule S7, and even that is in doubt , as NRT are not classed as S7 drugs )
    If seizure forfeiture and fines were to take place , the onus would be on the seizure authorities to prove illicit drug use one would think .
    After all a test tube is a test tube ... UNTIL it has had Crack in it ?
    RIDING OLD SKOOL likes this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzie View Post
    Well if a user wanted to use a PV to inhale a vapour made from a liquid containing an illicit substance then an e-cig would certainly fit the bill.
    So would...

• Rollie Papers
    • Coke Cans
    • Orange Juice Bottles
    • Garden Hose
    • Tobacco Pipes
    • The List goes on.....and on....and on.....

BAN IT ALL !!!!

Sounds like hype to me

They can't be that stupid, so more than likely Chinese Whispers at play

Super Moderator
    The simple fact those laws were made in 2007 and no e-cigs have fallen into the catagory itself is one heck of a precedent if it ever did happen ... I would think it would take and extra round of legislation enacted before PV's could be seized .
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

The definition of it being a 'device capable of heating and administering the drug' rules out garden hose, coke cans, asthma pumps, nicorette inhalers and the endless list. I believe the interpretation is that a vaping mod is a purpose built device designed for specifically that (our drug of choice nicotine). If I went into town with a ceramic 'bong' and smoked tobacco in it.. I would be charged. Thats a given. If a PV case went ahead I dont think if would hold up in court, but.... I am still uncertain (as we all are) about the lack of complete direction in this 'grey area'. Will this take hold.. or is it just a chinese whisper. I can tell you my sources are pretty much direct <ie a workmates police friend (both in enforcement) wanting to give up but being told not to via ecigs as per the fact that they can be considered illegal. We need a precident or legistation to put this to rest. Else its a matter of enforcement interpretation and if need be a judge to make the call in court.
    "It's a Grower....Not a 'Shower'!!!" - Bender B. Rodriguez

AVF Regular
    Where the spectre of Bjelke-Petersen still looms...A Banana Republic inside a Banana Republic
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylee74 View Post
    <ie a workmates police friend (both in enforcement)
    Tertiary source at best. Admiralty coded: F3
    Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Quality Australian Made eJuice: Bunyip Vapes

Super Moderator
    opening line of that statute Ryles

The new laws apply to ice pipe and bong wholesalers and retailers

further down

"Under the new laws, ice pipes and their components must not be sold, supplied or displayed
    in or near a shop, including market stalls. The prohibition does not apply to tobacco pipes."

if they are dead set wanting to enforce such things , then tinfoil,spoons,and cigarette lighters etc must be banned too , cos it take 1.2 seconds to fashion them into devices lol

I am pretty sure the Govt , when the time comes , will NOT be looking at loophole legislation , e-cigs will be the subject of a whole legislation of their own .
    soundasleep likes this.

Goz
    I really think the police like to chase soft targets at times, rather than do some real police work and catch the real bad guys.

If they go down this road that's all they are doing.

Heck if some of them had their way everyone would be locked up.
    cruzmiguel likes this.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast