Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Tanya Plibersek in Q&A - 9:35pm Monday, September 24 2012

Tanya Plibersek in Q&A - 9:35pm Monday, September 24 2012

You can ask a video question via the net on your ipad.

ABC Television - ABC1 - Q&A - Tanya Plibersek, Kelly O'Dwyer, Mark Carnegie, Elliot Perlman & Jason Silva - 9:35pm Monday, September 24 2012

Where to ask your question : Q&A | ABC TV

I think we should let SAS take care of this. But lets discuss what should be asked, if anything should be asked at all.

AVF Regular
    Gotta be careful poking that hornets nest
    DAWZZY, mavinry4 and targaboy like this.

I don't think they could say much. It's not a well covered topic and they're not the ones who come up with policy they just spout meaningless rhetoric IMHO.

In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Gotta be careful poking that hornets nest
    I agree.. that's why I mentioned the option of not asking anything at all.

Super Moderator
    Like most pollies , if there isnt a prepared answer to a non alerted question , it will get passed over ...they only ever really want to answer Qns they have they have already rehearsed the answers to, and I am betting e-cigs wont be one of them apart from the Std Govt line we all know . (IMO)

E.G. " Miss Plibersek , what is your stance in regard to the use of electronic cigarettes ( insert random Qn here"

Answer " As far as our government is concerned there has been no evidence presented as to the safety of such devices , and as such they should not be used ... my minions will look into it blah blah blah "

Followed by an aide writing down .... Tanya said e-cigs are bad ... form opinion and research to back this up in case the media asks anything
    mavinry4 and targaboy like this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

Super Moderator
    Nice article there Stoney , I particularly liked "Particularly troubling is when those deaths are caused by the sale of addictive substances by for-profit multinational corporations." A convenient lack of reference to the huge amount of taxation revenue they Non-Interested government party takes LOL
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

Ok so the govt knows that most people smoking are already poor, mental and marginalised and yet they hike taxes and screw the people who can least afford it.

Oh wait a minute that's par for the course what was I thinking.

Well...Plibersek I think said that there are no plans yet to increase the price, as it would put excessive financial strain... but I'm pretty sure thats to control vote numbers from the working class. Labor wants to piss off smokers enough to make them quit, but not enough to lose their vote.

The shameful display by Labor over the gay marriage vote puts them on probably the last final thread for my vote. I just cant in good conscience vote for Abbot. If the election was tomorrow, I personally would not put pen to paper. I'm becoming very jaded with Australian politics... which I think is what they want.

IMHO there is no point asking a question - we'll just get the usual BS rhetoric.

The ONLY way to ask the question is in person, when you have a chance to actually discuss it. That way when they hit with the usual BS answers, you can counter with the actual science. But seriously...how would be even BEGIN to make that happen?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast