Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: ClearStream Air Study by FalvourArt Published!

ClearStream Air Study by FalvourArt Published!

Sorry I didn't report this earlier. When it came up on my RSS feeds, I scrolled over it thinking it was just another blogger posting about the IVAQS Project. This is a different study, funded by FlavourArt.

"We are proud to publish the complete ClearStream AIR project document. Just few days ago, this document’s abstract was peer reviewed and accepted as poster for the 2012 meeting of SRNT in Helsinki

The project, created by the increasing need to understand the impact of second hand smoke/vape, is now available for download and we hope it could be of help for CASAA and Utah Vapers founded by Aaron Frazier in their fight against the BAN in US."

http://clearstream.flavourart.it/site/?p=699&lang=en

It's true!...Italians do have big cojones. Bless these guys. Another piece of science to add to the growing list.

(usual msg to admin : if this has somehow been posted without me noticing, please delete this post)
    Last edited by mavinry4; 23-09-12 at 04:23 AM. Reason: forgot link lol

I rarely delete anything mav. i might merge it if the same thing appears twice. no need to add that message.

good (or bad) news gets treated with respect.
    margyb likes this.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Study results look good, anyone know what organic carbons are?
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

All organics contain carbon.
    its just an accumulated total of all the organic compounds together. I did see a mention of that in there somewhere.

edit: as opposed to inorganic gases like carbon dioxide, we exhale that normally so that carbon has been removed from the test.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    So organic carbons are generally safe?
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

you tell me .. you vape them
    glycerol and PG are both organic.

(edit: and nicotine of course, along with I would say the vast majority of flavours)

So they are what they are .. some are going to be deadly, some are perfectly safe.

Thanks Mavinry4 for the heads up and thanks Clearstream for putting some of the windfall profits from increased sale of flavouring ingredients to good use. The real clincher is in the last sentence of the report
    "On the base of the obtained results and on ARPA
    data about urban pollution, we can conclude by
    saying that could be more unhealty to breath air
    in big cities compared to staying in the same room
    with someone who is vaping."

Will it make a difference to legislators? - not a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Noe View Post
    So organic carbons are generally safe?
    Some are some ain't. There are thousands and thousands of organic compounds it's the basis of life. Anything with carbon in it is considered organic.

AVF Regular
    The TOC was 1mg/m3 before the test, the ecig group added 0.73mg to it and tobacco added 6.6mg to it. The initial 1mg is not shown in the graphs.

The initial 1mg could have varied greatly depending on the outside air quality by the looks of things.

The results look really good. Only thing (I only read quickly) is there was no analysis published of the chemicals in the air before the tests so I couldn't tell what was from e-cigs and what was in there to start with.

Another thing, I wish they put people in the without smoking or vaping, maybe having a cup of coffee and a peice of toast and just sitting around breathing normally. This would have put things in better perspective.
    Last edited by supersports600; 24-09-12 at 09:36 AM. Reason: fixed it up to make sense
    Stoney, margyb and Fatman like this.
    Shop at Supersports600 eBay Store for all your Battery and Nicotine testing needs

AVF Regular
    Where the spectre of Bjelke-Petersen still looms...A Banana Republic inside a Banana Republic
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoney View Post
    All organics contain carbon.
    its just an accumulated total of all the organic compounds together. I did see a mention of that in there somewhere.

edit: as opposed to inorganic gases like carbon dioxide, we exhale that normally so that carbon has been removed from the test.
    Point of law: CO2 contains carbon.

Sent from my personal mind control implant.
    Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Quality Australian Made eJuice: Bunyip Vapes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast