Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Australis

Thread: Queensland Finally Gets It

Queensland Finally Gets It

Professor Mike Daube of Curtin University claims we're going back to the Dark Ages, because the Queensland Government is cutting back on the Public Health Programs.

A great and entertaining response by Christopher Snowdon can be read here.

I'm all for the Academics studying and advising on Public Health Policies. However, when it's quite obvious that Public Health Academics have blatantly gone on their own moral crusade to clamp out anything that they personally don't care for, despite having no evidence that the things they are against cause harm, then it's time to cut them from the loop. Especially when they're fighting their own moral crusades and pursuing their own agendas, in their own interests, with our tax dollars.

AVF Regular
    mavinry4 you could really pump out a blog
    extre248 likes this.
    The trouble with most of us is that we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism - Norman Vincent Peale

Academics and especially scientists are breaking a cardinal rule if they allow their personal feelings to influence study's. Anyone doing so should NEVER be taken seriously. I would hope most academics value their professional reputation too much to risk doing so.
    Although money is a good motive let's hope the weight of good science prevails.

Edit: I have typlexia

you forgot your little snipe at britain/british..
    slipping son slipping
    ...at 6 foot 6 and a hundred tons, the undisputed king of the slums...

Quote Originally Posted by Australis View Post
    mavinry4 you could really pump out a blog
    Funny you say that. I was in a 4Chan thread just recently titled "In This Thread, You Post Unpopular Opinions". I love those kinds of threads. They're my fav.

One guy wrote ;

1. Masturbation, despite what sex experts say, it not healthy. Strong libido is a sign of health, but there is no benefit to spending time alone, fondling your genitals to orgasm. Social isolation, delayed ejaculation, unrealistic expectations are the fruits of fapping: none of them are healthy.

2. WW2 was not the good war as we are constantly told in class, books, and movies. It was a minor border clash between Germany & Poland over legitimately contested territory. The British & French war guarantees were ridiculous and turned a relatively bloodless blitz into a world wide catastrophe of previously unimagined scope.

3. No more than 20% of people should be trying college. Failure to realize the basic truth of distribution of intelligence, combined with gov't subsidy of this failure, is what is driving up college costs.

4. Osama bin Laden had legitimate grievances against the US and used terrorism, the weapon of the weak against the strong, for redress.

5. Blogging is the key to world peace. It lets failed intellectual malcontents vent steam and try to impress each other with how brilliant they are while giving them the illusion of a political movement. Had Lenin/Mao/Hitler/Churchill just had a blog to get the admiration they craved, they wouldn't have dragged the world through hell.

I have to say.. I don't know where I'd be if there was no internet. I'd probably be wearing an el che guevara hat of some sort.

Personally, I'm not that fond of Blogs. At least on forums I get feedback. Even negative feedback is useful. I'm always pleased to be shown that I'm wrong. In fact I welcome it.
    Last edited by mavinry4; 26-09-12 at 07:11 PM. Reason: no

lol didnt take long [gives wanker sign]
    ...at 6 foot 6 and a hundred tons, the undisputed king of the slums...