Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree85Likes

Thread: Asylum Seekers flown home

Asylum Seekers flown home

Hmmm, apparently a peaceful island is worse than going home to Sri Lanka. Another group of men have chosen to go home rather than to Naru. I wish there was a better way to determine whether they are truly refugees. True refugees don't choose to return rather than wait on an island of peace.

AutumnGirl likes this.
    Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see.....im off to the PUB

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by a1120028 View Post
    I wish there was a better way to determine whether they are truly refugees.
    There is. If they sail pass 5 countries to get to Australia, they aren't refugees. They are opportunists.

Best solution to the boat people crisis in my opinion is the next time the coast guard sees a boatload of "assylum" seekers, put a shell across the bow. If it keeps sailing on, blow it out of the fucking water, turn around and come home. Pretty soon they'll get the message and stop at the FIRST country they sail past. Sorry, but we have homeless and destitute in THIS country, returned servicemen and women that are doing it tough in THIS country and battlers that can't afford the basics in THIS country that need to be looked after first, before we start taking in people that just want a free house and welfare for life.

AVF Regular
    yep. how dare these people come to our land.

we have a long history of racism here and those darkies make them feel all uncomfortable. after all, we stole this country first.

especially those people that come by boat. the folk that simply overstay their visa are fine. but those fuckers we saw on the telly are just freeloaders.

ad LW. it's not an either/or situation. we should be helping both.
    wood duck likes this.

smash they only come because we have a history of helping...but the fact is we are being taken advantage of...only the bleeding harts cant see that
    Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see.....im off to the PUB

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Smash View Post
    ad LW. it's not an either/or situation. we should be helping both.
    Why? What makes us different to the other countries that they by-pass to try and land here?

I am all for LEGITIMATE immigrants. Bring something to the table as it were, and no worries, come in. But the people they are letting in can't speak a word of english, have no fucking skills and are just a further burden on our already overstretched welfare system. I know we have dole bludgers here too, but that's for another thread. As for people that overstay their visa's, letting them into the country legally when the visitors already know they aren't going back just gives them a headstart on concealing themselves. Makes it harder to find them. But when they are found, they should be deported, as I would expect to be if I did that in some other country.

AVF Regular

AVF Regular
    srilankans. pass though thailand, on their way to indonesia.

where would you rather live. what countries hold more opportunities/less oppressive laws? south east asia, or here?

if you were leaving you home, leaving everything except what you can carry, first thing to do is simply get out. then you find where you have the best chance of living. we spend a lot of money telling foreigners how good australia is. don't get all nationalistic when it works.

and as for afghani and iraqis. we were part of destroying their homes, least we can do is give them new ones.

and sure, they don't speak english. so you want to send them back? i want to actually educate them. instead of just throwing them in jail and letting them rot for a while. educate them. if they have a skill, find it, teach them english, if they don't have a skill, teach them. if they're a child. don't fucking put them in jail.

Example: this is 100% true, was in the salvation army in the CBD for my daughters playgroup. The front part is food welfare, there were about 20 people in there. Not 1 was "Australian". They were all African or Indian, the lady at the counter says to one, "how long have you been in Australia" she say 4 days.
    I asked if the counter lady if this was normal and she said yes. In the last 2 years 90% of people asking for help are new arrivals. One guy there had $2000 worth of gold dripping from his neck, now it's partly their fault for abusing our system but it's just as much the governments for letting it happen. I'm sorry but when I see this shit it really pisses me off!!!!! They are rorting the system, no wonder normal Australian citizens are getting fed up with them.

Not to mention all the gangs of African youth bashing, robbing and raping in the CBD. Now it may only be a small number giving the rest a bad name but they ain't doing themselves any favours. Come share our country but do so in a responsible and HAD WORKING way not land here and start rorting us.

It would be good if there was someone here that can give us a perspective from the other side, IE someone who is new to Australia. I'd be interested to hear their thoughts.
    Last edited by a1120028; 30-09-12 at 02:52 PM.
    AutumnGirl and London Fog like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by RIDING OLD SKOOL View Post
    smash they only come because we have a history of helping...but the fact is we are being taken advantage of...only the bleeding harts cant see that
    ahh yes. the old "having compassion for a person you've never met is bad thing" argument. good to see that alive and well.

if it's a fact. prove it. show us how we're being taken advantage of. who's doing it, and how they're doing it. if only the bleeding hearts can't see that. fucking show me.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast