Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By mavinry4

Thread: Ping: SAS, Have you thought about getting James Paterson on Board?

Ping: SAS, Have you thought about getting James Paterson on Board?

James Paterson
    is Director, Communications and Editor of the IPA Review. He is a columnist with Think and Grow Rich magazine and is regularly published in The Spectator Australia and ABC's The Drum. His articles have also appeared in The Australian, the Herald Sun, the Australian Financial Review, the Courier Mail, Quadrant and The Punch.

I thought he demolished Simon Chapman in this Television debate;

There are memberships, or ability to donate. Perhaps we could do a group donation?

Just a suggestion. Or am I way off?

i though professor simon sucked, poor debating.
    just tried to discredit the opposition instead of the argument.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

Quote Originally Posted by Stoney View Post
    i though professor simon sucked, poor debating.
    just tried to discredit the opposition instead of the argument.

Exactly. Simon Chapman was out of arguments and resorted to ad hominem attacks. Not only that, Simon Chapman then went on to say "the fact is that 15,000 people die" etc etc. The fact that 15,000 people die from tobacco smoke was irrelevant to that particular dicussion.

This is how the conversation basically took place ;

Simon Chapman : Will introduce tobacco prohibition when tobacco users become a significant minority

Paterson : Persecuting a minority simply becuase you can is a fucked up approach to public policy

Simon Chapman : Don't listen to him, he works for the tobacco companies

Paterson : That's an ad hominem attack, and you're unable to debate over the fundamental and philosophical principles about personal choice

Simon Chapman : Forget what he said, just remember that Smoking is bad, Ok?

That's why I think Paterson is a really good Public Affairs person for the ecig industry and ecig user community to build strong ties with. His organisation is built on strong moral codes regarding personal responsibility, and not only does he appear to be experienced in combating the usual spin methods that people like Simon Chapman uses, Paterson is able to quickly point it out to the viewers, and quite eloquently I might add.
    Stoney, extre248 and m0n4g3 like this.

Super Moderator
    Where is SAS these days?

Seems all too quiet over at ATACA.............

probably at an interesting baby age and making lots of videos for grandparents and maybe daycare, form filling, doctors, vaccinations, penis mangling .. all the good stuff.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

Super Moderator
    Ah did him and his missus have a lil one?

In that case i suppose it's understandeable i guess.