Further Corruption in the EU - The Anti-Tobacco Lobbies Burglarised

The Anti-Tobacco group's offices have allegedly been broken into, and police are now sweeping their buildings for any planted bugs.

Of course, the anti-tobacco groups are accusing the tobacco industry of doing this. Do they have proof? - Have they needed proof for any of their claims before? - Think anti-snus and anti-electronic cigarettes.

Something really dirty is going on behind the scenes. In my opinion, I think the EU fraud squad is trying to find out if any fraud has taken place between the anti-tobacco lobby, the Pharmaceutical companies, and EU commissioners.

When the EU have managed to ban Snus, a perfectly healthy product that has no reason to be banned, for decades, you can't help being suspicious. The anti-tobacco lobby has obviously played dirty, and I hope now the truth will come out about why a perfectly good product like Snus is banned, and why a perfectly good product like e-cigs is being threatened.

Somehow, the anti-tobacco groups are trying to spin this as fraud on the pro-snus and pro-ecig groups. It's extremely absurd.

Keep in mind that it was the Snus maker, Swedish Match, that alerted the authorities. It was them who refused to take part in corruption. It is them that have sworn to rely on scientific evidence about the safety of Snus.

Link : Anti-smoking campaigners accuse tobacco lobby after office break-in | World news | guardian.co.uk

A good run down on Pharmaceutical Companies Vs Tobacco Harm Reduction (Snus and E-cigs)

Velvet Glove, Iron Fist: Nicotine wars: Latest

On Big Pharma lobbying the EU commission to ban Snus

The Commentator - The European Union and Big Pharma: A tale of corporate lobbying

Absolutely disgusting. As I've asked before, what if it was found out that CocaCola was lobbying the government to ban Orange Juice?

thats a really good article.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Quote Originally Posted by mavinry4 View Post
    A good run down on Pharmaceutical Companies Vs Tobacco Harm Reduction (Snus and E-cigs)

Velvet Glove, Iron Fist: Nicotine wars: Latest
    It don't get why Big Pharma/Tobacco continue these underhanded old school techniques instead of just backing them already.

The electronic cigarette market in the European Union, in 2011, was €400–500 million
    It's twice that in the US, not to mention the massive Asian market and thats with virtually no main stream advertising and large retail chains.

They could easily get it FDA approved and regulated and profit for years to come. Its just silly.

Quote Originally Posted by new2vapers View Post
    It don't get why Big Pharma/Tobacco continue these underhanded old school techniques instead of just backing them already.

It's twice that in the US, not to mention the massive Asian market and thats with virtually no main stream advertising and large retail chains.

They could easily get it FDA approved and regulated and profit for years to come. Its just silly.
    But those profits are portioned out among hundreds of companys, thats not the type of playing field they want to play in.
    Also .. the NRT revenue stream probably exceeds that of ecigs currently and will certainly do so if they shift a portion of profits into getting ecigs banned.

NRT - Are the nicotine patch, gum & spray really the smoker's last best hope? by John R. Polito I came across this earlier, it shows cold turkey is more effective quit aid than NRT and how the studys are skewed to not show this..

So basically you have better luck quitting if you do NOT use the tools to supposedly help, crazy.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoney View Post
    But those profits are portioned out among hundreds of companys, thats not the type of playing field they want to play in.
    Most of the small businesses would go under if a corporation came on board i.e Coke of ecigs, sold at coles and woolworths, service stations etc. Advertising and GOV backing would also increase new usage dramatically (50 X maybe?) dont forget.

They also wont lose money from their NRTs because its just another product they offer, there is no reason to drop the current pharmaceutical cessations. It would be like saying champex should never have released because they would have lost too much cash on chewing gum.

Also we have to consider, that most of us have quit smoking cigarettes but we are still vaping long term afterwards, at this stage I have no desire to stop, who does? The current cessations are short term, you either quit after a couple months or start smoking again. Its rare to hear someone using patches 1 year after quitting, and the ones that are I am not convinced they are 100% analogue free.

My point is, its a addiction with virtually no side effects which could be a long term revenue stream. Big tobacco is losing billions every year, eventually analogues will be banned, its only a matter of time. Instead of bribing politicians, media and burglarizing with their buddies Big Pharma just add it to your product list.

EDIT: Oh and to add, there is also millions $ left on the side for the tech, i.e. carts, batteries, cables, chargers, mods etc
    Last edited by new2vapers; 22-10-12 at 06:00 PM.