Like Tree8Likes
  • 8 Post By mavinry4

Thread: Professor Michael Siegel Orders the FDA to Correct Statements on Electronic Cigare

Professor Michael Siegel Orders the FDA to Correct Statements on Electronic Cigare

Costa Rica is planning to ban electronic cigarettes. They're doing this becuase the FDA in the US made statements about electronic cigarettes that have now been found to be false. Professor Michael Siegel is proposing that the FDA needs to correct their statements.

These are what he proposes to be stated by the FDA ;

1. We found only trace levels of tobacco-specific nitrosamines in electronic cigarettes, comparable to those found in FDA-approved nicotine replacement products like nicotine patches and nicotine gum.
    2. The levels of carcinogens we detected in electronic cigarettes are orders of magnitude lower than in regular cigarettes, indicating that electronic cigarettes are likely much safer than regular cigarettes in terms of cancer risk.
    3. The minute levels of tobacco-specific nitrosamines in electronic cigarettes are a necessary result of the extraction of nicotine from tobacco.
    4. Overall, these devices deliver nicotine with only a few other chemicals, compared to the delivery of nicotine plus tens of thousands of chemicals and more than 60 proven carcinogens in regular cigarettes.
    5. We found diethylene glycol in only one brand of electronic cigarettes which is no longer on the market.
    6. Multiple brands of electronic cigarettes that have subsequently been tested have been shown not to contain diethylene glycol.
    7. The diethylene glycol most likely results from using low-grade propylene glycol and can be easily controlled by requiring electronic cigarette manufacturers to use pharmaceutical grade propylene glycol. We have not issued any such requirement.

To read the full article, click here

I agree, and a memo about the corrections should be cc'd to Nicola Roxon and Tanya Plibersek.

I think that we should only buy PG that is B.P. grade and our vendors should source this instead of food grade just to cover our arses. I order from my Pharmacy and it is more expensive but does taste different and better.

RC

Always do mate

I get Kosher from OS Vendors with Nic orders.
    Last edited by Mushman; 30-10-12 at 02:40 AM. Reason: correction