Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

This mornings nightmare with customs (Melbourne)

Hi Guys,
    What a Good Friday i've had...............Not.
    It started this morning at 8.30am with a wake up call from customs. Some D***head on the phone tells me he is confiscating my order from the U.S (8 X 30ml bottles of pre-flavoured nic juice.) I told him I use it personally as a tool to get me off the analog's and that I can import up to 3 months worth but he would not have a bar of it and he was so arrogant about it. So I demanded the c**ksucker put me onto his supervisor who was a little more understanding. He gave me the number of the senior customs official (Maureen) with whom I will be speaking to tomorrow cause she had the day off today. He said I will have much better luck with her tomorrow cause she's a smoker. He told me that recently all custom officials have been told to keep a look out at the amount of nicotine imported. I am so furious....right now. My neighbour has imported about 30 times and he has never had a problem at all, not even any signs of opening the boxes and he orders a hell of a lot more, sometime 30 x 30ml bottles. Thanks Harry (my neighbour) who threw over 4 bottles of juice to keep me on the wagon and off the analogs.I know you read these forums but never post so thanks a heap Harry, i owe you one. I am confident tomorrow that I will speak to someone sensible but I must remain cool, calm and collected so I can retrieve my stuff. Did not even know customs work on Good Friday!

Guys I'm right aren't I? I can import up to 3 months worth? Friggin joke I tell ya......so pissed off

its sort of a black hole of legislation, there are no specific regs. I think the 3 month thing comes into it as you can import 3 months worth of medicines that have not got TGA approval. That being said .. they refuse to accept ecig juice as having a therapeutic effect and claim it is a class 7 poison.

last set of rules i read (2008) by the TGA basically admitted there was no regs against it in victoria but then I was told that this was overturned and the loop holes closed.

I think your only chance is to be nice, the customs people are pretty much doing as they are told. The orders are from up higher. Explain to the smoker lady that this is something that does work and regardless of what the TGA says .. it does have therapeutic effect. Others may have better ideas.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

My way of reading the regs, you are good for 3mths supply for your own personal use and/or that of your immediate family.

I put this in a thread a little while back but nothing has changed with the laws since. Post #4.
    http://forums.aussievapers.com/showt...hlight=extract

I use approx 3ml/day, 20ml/week or 80ml/mth. Your 240ml equates to 3mths supply, as far as I'm concerned. It's actually light on if you say that there is 4.33 weeks in a calendar month.

Hope this helps, if not PM me and I can help you out if in need.

Cheers.

AVF Regular
    Out of curiosity, which overseas supplier did you order from?

I received 7 x 30ml bottles yesterday from OS. Package unopened.
    Last edited by CupCake; 22-04-11 at 09:27 PM.

Sik
    or ask them to speak to this guy (stoled from WP) I'd suggest quoting paragraph 2 and 3 to the customs officer and avoiding saying its therapeutic.

Thanks for your enquiry. Just to clarify, E-Cigarettes (and/or their components) are not considered to be a prohibited import under Customs legislation.
    E-Cigarettes are comprised of an atomiser, battery and cartridge that may or may not contain a mixture of liquid nicotine and propylene glycol or polyethylene glycol. These forms of glycol are commonly used in pharmaceutical formulations and are not controlled.

Liquid nicotine, is scheduled as a 'Schedule 7 Poison' under the Standard for the Uniform Scheduling of Medicines and Poisons (SUSMP). The listing of a poison in Schedule 7 does not usually justify an import prohibition.

The Department of Health and Ageing (DoHA) is responsible for the government policy on such issues and advised that all States and Territories have domestic controls on the sale of these products; the Department does not consider an import control is warranted in the short term.

The Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) has advised that e-cigarettes may be subject to control under the Therapeutic Goods Act 1989 only if the packaging makes a claim for any form of therapeutic benefit (this does not include the benefit of reducing or giving up smoking).

Goods of this nature are not tobacco or tobacco products, and therefore are not subject to duty or GST if the Customs value is at or below the low value goods threshold of A$1,000.

I hope this has been of some assistance to you.

Regards
    Paul Starkey
    Drugs & Therapeutic Substances
    Community Protection
    Trade Policy & Regulation Branch
    Australian Customs and Border Protection Service
    P. 02 6275 5907
    F. 02 6229 3840
    Current Vape: Variable Wattage mod, EPM Boge tanks, Something Fruity

Well for what is worth i watch my Dad for 8 years slowly died day by day from emphasima (can't spell sorry) and he was in and out of hospital so may go that line on how if you got back to smoking ciggys then you would cost the government more money that way and all you are trying to do is get off those smelly death sticks and live a fuller life Hmm well you should get what i am trying to say. Any one else????

Provari with 510-T Red, Blue & Green

Quote Originally Posted by icedearth1 View Post
    Hi Guys,
    What a Good Friday i've had...............Not.
    It started this morning at 8.30am with a wake up call from customs. Some D***head on the phone tells me he is confiscating my order from the U.S (8 X 30ml bottles of pre-flavoured nic juice.) I told him I use it personally as a tool to get me off the analog's and that I can import up to 3 months worth but he would not have a bar of it and he was so arrogant about it. So I demanded the c**ksucker put me onto his supervisor who was a little more understanding. He gave me the number of the senior customs official (Maureen) with whom I will be speaking to tomorrow cause she had the day off today. He said I will have much better luck with her tomorrow cause she's a smoker. He told me that recently all custom officials have been told to keep a look out at the amount of nicotine imported. I am so furious....right now. My neighbour has imported about 30 times and he has never had a problem at all, not even any signs of opening the boxes and he orders a hell of a lot more, sometime 30 x 30ml bottles. Thanks Harry (my neighbour) who threw over 4 bottles of juice to keep me on the wagon and off the analogs.I know you read these forums but never post so thanks a heap Harry, i owe you one. I am confident tomorrow that I will speak to someone sensible but I must remain cool, calm and collected so I can retrieve my stuff. Did not even know customs work on Good Friday!

Guys I'm right aren't I? I can import up to 3 months worth? Friggin joke I tell ya......so pissed off
    Direct from customs:

Thank you for your enquiry.

Liquid nicotine, is scheduled as a 'Schedule 7 Poison' under the Standard for the Uniform Scheduling of Medicines and Poisons (SUSMP). As such, it is considered a substance with a potential for causing harm which requires special precautions in manufacture, handling or use. Other substances listed in Schedule 7 include chlorine and arsenic. The listing of a poison in Schedule 7 does not usually justify an import prohibition.

The Australian Customs and Border Protection Service has no import restrictions on these goods.

The Department of Health and Ageing (DoHA) is responsible for the government policy on such goods through the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA).

The TGA can advise if import permits are required for these goods. They also administer a Personal Import Scheme for medications that may apply to the nicotine.

Information is available at the following link: http://www.tga.gov.au/import/persimp.htm

TGA as listed above. Hopefully the officer you speak to will accept 8 bottles as 3 months useage.

edit: beaten

I was being nice but that first person I spoke too was an absolute ahole and never needed to get arrogant and smart with me. I just want my stuff.........I aint harming anyone but myself and that is if its any harm....whats it to them. I could understand if it was a couple of litres of nic juice, but really 8 x 30ml preflavoured.....got to be kidding me

Sik
    well simple maths to apply for the PIMP (lol pimp):

8 X 30ml = 240 ml.... divide by 90 days = 2.66666 ml a day, well within average useage parameters i would say.
    Current Vape: Variable Wattage mod, EPM Boge tanks, Something Fruity

Quote Originally Posted by CupCake View Post
    Out of curiosity, which overseas supplier did you order from?

I received 7 x 30ml bottles yesterday from OS. Package unopened.
    strictlyejuice

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast