Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: European Commission will place a De facto ban on Ejuice

My cynical side is somewhat blinded temporarily by the fact that a multi-billion dollar corporation now owns an ecig company that sells ejuice, refillable cartos, attys and eGo batteries. But there's always room for a bite of hopelessness dessert.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Vapers Nightly News View Post
    I read these websites daily as they show up in my Vaping news feeds. My only goal is to keep AVF members informed about issues relating to vaping internationally by keeping you all in the loop.
    Our goals are very similar VNN, and I am sorry if I gave you a hard time.
    I thought you were just regurgitating Main Stream Media (MSM).
    My sincere appologies.

AVF Regular
    My cynical side is somewhat blinded temporarily by the fact that a multi-billion dollar corporation now owns an ecig company that sells ejuice, refillable cartos, attys and eGo batteries. But there's always room for a bite of hopelessness dessert.
    As some 'Hopefulness' Dessert VNN - At least there is some money backing E-Cigs against Big Pharma.

We probably don't want it, and we definately don't need the ensuing battle between the goliaths, but hey - at least we have money on our side now.

This was posted on the UK vapers forum

UKIP have become the first political party, with representatives in the EU, to declare that they are firmly opposed to the electronic cigarette regulation proposed in the Tobacco Products Directive, and the TPD in general.

Paul Nuttall, the Deputy Leader of UKIP said :

''I find this particularly crazy as e-cigarettes are healthier alternatives to smoking. And, as I have previously said, the European Commission will not stop here, next it will be alcohol and foods,"

http://www.rochdaleonline.co.uk/news-fea...criticised

I can't wait to listen to Nigel Farage speak on this issue. Afterall, it gives him an excuse to bag the EU commission for their corruption which he is an expert at.

Watch this ;

wow .. thats some firey talk..
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

It seems like that guy hasn't been bought.

RC

AVF Regular
    This was posted on the UK vapers forum

UKIP have become the first political party, with representatives in the EU, to declare that they are firmly opposed to the electronic cigarette regulation proposed in the Tobacco Products Directive, and the TPD in general.

Paul Nuttall, the Deputy Leader of UKIP said :

''I find this particularly crazy as e-cigarettes are healthier alternatives to smoking. And, as I have previously said, the European Commission will not stop here, next it will be alcohol and foods,"

http://www.rochdaleonline.co.uk/news-fea...criticised

I can't wait to listen to Nigel Farage speak on this issue. Afterall, it gives him an excuse to bag the EU commission for their corruption which he is an expert at.

Watch this ;

Rochdale (Rochdale Online - Rochdale News, Business, Events & Community) was were my wife was born VNN and I watch Farage and UKIP regularly for my daily dose of 'Euro' humour.

I think I read somewhere that the EU has recently passed a censure (non PC) motion on UKIP and fined them - do you happen to know if this is true ?

FUN LINKS

www.ukip.tv/

www.youtube.com/user/ukiptv
    Last edited by TrueNews; 31-12-12 at 02:35 AM. Reason: add links

AVF Regular
    Id vote for him, guys a legend, Id give him Ms Gillards job tbh
    RIDING OLD SKOOL likes this.

Clive Bates has written up about the EU Directive, and provided information for those in the EU on how to help fight against it.

EU draft Tobacco Products Directive: who to write to and what to say (a short guide) Clive Bates blog

The proposed directive contains measures that make it harder or impossible for smokers to switch from cigarettes to much less dangerous nicotine products – an approach that will cause much more death and disease than it prevents. If you smoke, use e-cigarettes, or if have friends or relatives that smoke, or if you are concerned about the health damage from smoking, then this directive matters to you.

07/01/2013 Snus saga: An unfortunate illustration of the TPD proposal fiasco

This article gives a good run down on how the EU Commission despises Captalism, despite it's Capitalism's ability to solve problems.

The proposal relies on cherry-picked conclusions from the expert consultation summary, rather than the actual scientific findings. For instance, the 2008 report concluded that while complete tobacco abstinence is best, pragmatically, “substitution of snus for smoking may be beneficial to individual and public health”. Instead, the Commission simplistically concluded that snus is not 100% safe and should thus be banned. The report also found snus use in Sweden is not a significant predictor of future smoking. Yet the proposal justifies a ban based on the unsupported hypothesis that snus is a gateway to smoking.

The DG received over 85,000 comments, more than in any other consultation. According the the DG’s analysis, a “vast majority” wanted to see the ban lifted, EU-wide,” and “several respondents were concerned that the Commission’s approach was too simplistic and overstated”. Commenters pointed to the scientific evidence that showed that “smokeless products were much healthier alternatives to smoking”.

Yet, instead of taking into account the overwhelming response, the DG delegitimised public opposition, painting comments as the result of citizen “mobilisation campaigns” organised by tobacconists. You’ve got to ask yourself: if pro-ban activists had been effective at encouraging the opposite response, and in such strong numbers, would the DG have treated that exercise in democracy as dismissively?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast