Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: This is who we're fighting: Meet the people trying to kill us.

It's okay that you sent the email. They deserve it. If not for this; for something else.
    Noe, shipo and Mushman like this.

Retired Account
    Interesting observation that they're keen to use a lack of scientific evidence to invalidate ecigarettes as an alternative to tobacco, yet when it comes to the potential risks of ecigarettes, cite only anecdotal information.
    mavinry4 and MrsNix like this.

AVF Regular
    New York Moves Towards Total E-Cigarette Ban

That link can't be real. That's just a page of pure stupidity and evil. Evil, because it is deliberate mis-information and potentially threatens to force smokers to use only deadly tobacco.

Here I am, sitting in my office in Adelaide, South Australia, happily tooting away on my e-cig. But apparently, according to the link above, e-cigs have been banned in Australia?

They claim there is no scientific evidence that supports e-cigs being 'safe and effective', but then they're quite happy to provide anecdotal accounts from alleged 'bystanders' who claimed the nicotine in the secondhand vapour made them nauseous. You can't have it both ways.

What kind of argument is this? "There's no scientific evidence to support the safe use of e-cigs, and to back that up, here's our non-scientific SCAREMONGERING.

The lack of intellectual coherence on that page is so bad it's hilarious.

I really hope these mental midgets are the best opposition we see. Because these jokers will get thrown out of any hearing held in Australia.
    Last edited by SmokeHead; 16-01-13 at 04:52 PM.
    mavinry4 likes this.
    The clean break: Last smoke on 2/12/2012, first vape on 3/12/2012.

Quote Originally Posted by mrsgruffy View Post
    Interesting observation that they're keen to use a lack of scientific evidence to invalidate ecigarettes as an alternative to tobacco, yet when it comes to the potential risks of ecigarettes, cite only anecdotal information.
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeHead View Post
    New York Moves Towards Total E-Cigarette Ban

They claim there is no scientific evidence that supports e-cigs being 'safe and effective', but then they're quite happy to provide anecdotal accounts from alleged 'bystanders' who claimed the nicotine in the secondhand vapour made them nauseous. You can't have it both ways.

What kind of argument is this? "There's no scientific evidence to support the safe use of e-cigs, and to back that up, here's our non-scientific SCAREMONGERING.

THIS.

exactly.
    MrsNix likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsNix View Post
    IMPORTANT UPDATE: I was researching this because I have a lot of friends who live in New York, and I figured I would have heard about this. I looked it up and, apparently, this was a decision that passed in 2006 but was overturned by a federal judge almost immediately. E-cigs have NOT been banned in New York.

edited to add: yet.

edited again to add: and they're still nutters in New York. The lot of them.
    Thank you for this, amended my OP to reflect that there is no official ban.
    Not sure why this is being circulated undated and without citation, I really really hate it when I get caught up in something like this. The heat has made me lazy with research.
    MrsNix likes this.

Can't find the link now but one state in the US wants to make the taxes on Cigarettes less so people can afford to smoke!?

Crazy arse place.

New York brought in rules to regulate weapons today, not that I am against it personally. It will be interesting to see how the NRA reacts.
    Just that its the first state to do so, fits in with the regulatory mentality don't it.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

Super Moderator
    And off-topic, but New York has also banned ebikes

AVF Regular
    Where the spectre of Bjelke-Petersen still looms...A Banana Republic inside a Banana Republic
    Quote Originally Posted by shipo View Post
    I can't find even an inkling of truth in that whole article...What a pile of bescumber.
    More likely to be a puddle...

Sent from my personal mind control implant.
    Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Quality Australian Made eJuice: Bunyip Vapes

Every state in the Union has gun regulation laws, and they work just fine when enforced. New York has enough firearm regulations to fill a book...and, yet, they still have one of the highest violent crime rates in the country. Interesting, that.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast