Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree209Likes

Thread: Organisations Contacted

G'day guys, it would appear to me that the government would lose to much cash if everyone vaped. Those billions of dollars in lost revenue would blow the budget out of the water. They honestly wouldn't care less if people die from smoking related illness as long as the cash keeps rolling in!!!! Sad sad sad!!

The rich get richer and the poor get the picture. Money makes the world go round nicotine makes it spin

It would be interesting to see an economic impact study on the ecigarettes. I.e. How many people have switched, the actual monetary impact to: tobacco companies and NRT and the resulting impact on research and revenue generation. Plus the opportunities for savings and investments in this technology. It seems the financial case is the only one they are interested in??? At least it would show how independent our system is from lobbying - or not as the case may be??

My first post. Hello.

Please bare with me for the first bit of this post.

Been smoking for ~25years and have only just discovered E-Cigs a few days ago. Only took me a couple of hours research to decide it was worth giving them a go. Started Vaping on Wednesday last week, obtained some Nic Juice on Friday and have smoked a total of 10 Analogs since Saturday morning. Would have smoked about 60 in the same time prior to Vaping, and I expect by the end of this week I'll be off them.

This needs to be brought into the public spotlight. I was completely unaware and only discovered E-Cigs totally by accident. So far, everyone at work who's seen me Vaping, all my friends and my family were also unaware of their existence.

Seems to me, this is an issue the likes of 60 Minutes should be made aware of. Let them 'Stir the pot' and bring this option into the public eye. Let every smoker know they have a safer option. Let the relatives of smokers know. Let the non-smoking public know.

This is a massive and very controversial issue that really needs very public exposure before it's just legislated against in the background, and we lose the option silently overnight. If this is brought to the mass public in the right way, there is no way the government can get away with prohibition. This is exactly the sort of story 60 Minutes needs expose.

We need regulation. We need standards. We deserve to have quality control and we deserve the option to choose this over analogs. This is a human rights issue.
    mobtek likes this.

This. Is. Madness.

One of our fellow forum members (just like we did) sent a letter to Queensland Health with concerns over the nicotine seizures. Unlike us, he actually got a response and forwarded it through to me. I just spent the last two hours bouncing between different departments trying to find somebody I could discuss the matter with. The short version is the contact details on the letter no only had the wrong telephone number, but was the wrong person in the first place.

The full story of what has happened so far as just been posted on Smokescreen as "When Health Departments Go Mad".

Prof. Wayne Hall of the University of Queensland is a bit of an expert in the field of Tobacco Harm Reduction so I thought I'd drop him an email. Much to my surprise, I got a response! A copy of our correspondence is now on SMOKESCREEN.

"A Conversation with Prof. Hall - Ph.D FASSA"

Thanks to a very helpful staff member at the office for the Member for Bruce I have received a complete response from the Victorian Department of Health. This page is not yet publicly viewable on SMOKESCREEN without the direct link.

http://smokescreen.info/just-the-fac...-of-health-vic

The bad news is looks like Victorian vapers are currently criminals.
    The good news is I've already found several flaws in their response and have begun work on a rebuttle.

EDIT: My response is completed and now copied completely below the original letter. The page is also now "live".
    Last edited by soundasleep; 06-08-11 at 09:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by submdi View Post
    My first post. Hello.

Please bare with me for the first bit of this post.

Been smoking for ~25years and have only just discovered E-Cigs a few days ago. Only took me a couple of hours research to decide it was worth giving them a go. Started Vaping on Wednesday last week, obtained some Nic Juice on Friday and have smoked a total of 10 Analogs since Saturday morning. Would have smoked about 60 in the same time prior to Vaping, and I expect by the end of this week I'll be off them.

This needs to be brought into the public spotlight. I was completely unaware and only discovered E-Cigs totally by accident. So far, everyone at work who's seen me Vaping, all my friends and my family were also unaware of their existence.

Seems to me, this is an issue the likes of 60 Minutes should be made aware of. Let them 'Stir the pot' and bring this option into the public eye. Let every smoker know they have a safer option. Let the relatives of smokers know. Let the non-smoking public know.

This is a massive and very controversial issue that really needs very public exposure before it's just legislated against in the background, and we lose the option silently overnight. If this is brought to the mass public in the right way, there is no way the government can get away with prohibition. This is exactly the sort of story 60 Minutes needs expose.

We need regulation. We need standards. We deserve to have quality control and we deserve the option to choose this over analogs. This is a human rights issue.
    I agree with you this is most defiantly a human rights issue i have been researching for the past 3 days and everything i read seems to agree these things though not proven 100% safe are a load better for you than a typical analogue cigarette why the hell can't we get someone in government to look at this issue objectively and not just look at us as a bunch of filthy smokers we're at least trying to take the filthy part out of our habbit

AVF Regular
    I can't see 60 minutes pushing eCigs virtues without expert opion to back their story up.
    So far this isn't happening.

Keep up the good work soundasleep

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast