Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Like Tree88Likes

Thread: State Legislation and you....

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Quote Originally Posted by soundasleep View Post
    It's been posted elsewhere the dilemma with scheduling. The S7 reference is indeed talking about 100% nicotine, which to us vapers would mean 1000mg/ml. There has been discussion that it should be S2 given we are actually importing PG/VG liquid for the unapproved therapeutic use of stopping smoking. This liquid does contain low concentrations of nicotine and is for the purpose of inhaling. It should be S2.

It hasn't been classified as such thanks to the usual rhetoric of "not tested" and "not enough quality control".
    Thats interesting, so does that mean it will be a cold day in hell when they start confiscating my imported 80/20(PG/VG) 18MG 60ml nic bottles?

Goods news received today. I'll post all the details when I get home tonight but in short:
    1. Confirmation that a therapeutic product does NOT need to be registered to be outside the parent schedule.
    2. If used as an unapproved therapeutic device ejuice CAN be considered Schedule 2. The Poisons Standard confirms this, but the state Health organizations get to make the final call. SO IT'S NOT SET IN STONE.
    3. If you are ordering juice at or below 30mg/ml (3%) and you can get the supplier to label it "Not for human use - animal use only" then it becomes Schedule 6 and is OK to import/possess.

So the only question left is HOW each state views ejuice, getting confirmation of this and then if they disagree with it being S2 then there is a starting place for the conversation.

Please note that if it is NOT used an an aid to tobacco withdrawal, then it's considered recreational and falls under S7 no matter what. As far as I've been able to find out so far every state has restrictions on S7 purchase and possession.

So after all that, the S2 push is the correct way to go for now
    JWH and imcdw like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by soundasleep View Post
    Goods news received today. I'll post all the details when I get home tonight but in short:
    1. Confirmation that a therapeutic product does NOT need to be registered to be outside the parent schedule.
    2. If used as an unapproved therapeutic device ejuice CAN be considered Schedule 2. The Poisons Standard confirms this, but the state Health organizations get to make the final call. SO IT'S NOT SET IN STONE.
    3. If you are ordering juice at or below 30mg/ml (3%) and you can get the supplier to label it "Not for human use - animal use only" then it becomes Schedule 6 and is OK to import/possess.

So the only question left is HOW each state views ejuice, getting confirmation of this and then if they disagree with it being S2 then there is a starting place for the conversation.

Please note that if it is NOT used an an aid to tobacco withdrawal, then it's considered recreational and falls under S7 no matter what. As far as I've been able to find out so far every state has restrictions on S7 purchase and possession.

So after all that, the S2 push is the correct way to go for now

Soundasleep that sounds to me like a glimmer of hope on the horizon !
    imcdw likes this.

Given that this is a sticky, is there any general update to this thread? I note the first page entry states Vic is fine, but the smokescreen page and page two of this thread indicate not...

I know it's a grey area in general, and quite frankly unless my two 110ml bottles of 36mg juice get stopped by customs on the way into Victoria I'm not really that fussed. Just wondering if the community has made any specific progress since May on this front for clarity (and for the sake of fellow newbies).

Sik
    Yar i need to update the op. will get it done sometime this weekend
    Current Vape: Variable Wattage mod, EPM Boge tanks, Something Fruity

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeine View Post
    Given that this is a sticky, is there any general update to this thread? I note the first page entry states Vic is fine, but the smokescreen page and page two of this thread indicate not...

I know it's a grey area in general, and quite frankly unless my two 110ml bottles of 36mg juice get stopped by customs on the way into Victoria I'm not really that fussed. Just wondering if the community has made any specific progress since May on this front for clarity (and for the sake of fellow newbies).
    Well I'm in Vic and I received an order today from the States for a few ejuices that I can't get out here (and yes, with a mix of 14-16 mg nic). I tend to support local vendors mostly (such as Del's delicious flavours, but there are a few, such as Snickerdoodle Cookie, that I LOVE and can't seem to get out here & then of course the main reason is that we can't get nic juices and/or nic liquid out here). Anyway they were opened by customs but according to the enclosure, everything made it thru to me no problems & nothing was confiscated. Not sure how much this means in the great scheme of things, but my order did get thru to Vic, so no problems so far.
    Last edited by thatgirl1269; 04-10-11 at 11:23 AM.
    "In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends." ~ John Churton Collins

Yeah, don't think you'll have a problem in Vic.

Cheers
    Daily Setup: Modded 3400mah FDV iStick, Orchid v4 RTA
    Daily Juice: Vaporeyes - Lazer Lombardi
    In the mail: Vapor Flask DNA40

i have ordered with a mate over the last 1.5 years lots & lots of ejuice & also the 36mg from e liquid & never had a problem. i buy most of my juices from Contact a moderator! & libbero in the uk & they all arrived easily.
    i had some opened but none confiscated.
    i just wish politicians stopped being so greedy with death tax(tobacco tax) that they cant see the real benefit of e cigarettes.
    they are all concerend with the tobacco comapany's contribution to their election funds. that also include the QLD health minister who concocted such a hatchet job on e cigarettes toogether with channel 9.
    such drivell makes me soooo angry."if a child drink the nicotine mixed juice he will die",,,i guess we should also ban: white king,dishwashing liquid,stain removers,metholated spirits,shampoo,floor cleanersetc,,, you get my drift.
    the hypocracy is just too overwhelming for me!!!!!!!

Talking NT - How or where do I apply for the permit?

Hi guys. Im new to vaping, 2 weeks not one cigarette and never looking back

I want everyone I know to switch to ecigs and am very interested in doing whatever I can to help others! A lot of the people I know who are smokers don't speak english at home and arent very computer savvy so when I mention the internet they lose hope. I want to be able to help these people change their lives!

I saw that in the NT apparently I can apply for some kind of permit for s7? Any information regarding this would be fantastic.

On a side note, I would like to donate the $10 to have those letters sent and be the first in Darwin to do so!

Could someone point me in the right direction of where to donate as I cant seem to find it .

Thanks guys and keep on vaping!
    imcdw likes this.

I had an interesting chat with my GP tonight and confirmed something I was afraid of.

It would appear that a GP is unable to write a script for something that can't be purchased locally. With the Scheduling Decision that nicotine ejuice for tobacco withdrawal being Schedule 4 (prescription needed) they have effectively banned it, since you can't get said script.

Still doesn't mean we can't import, it just means we are back to being "criminals" since we are now technically importing prescription only medication without a prescription.

These leaves us with two options:

1. We need proof that the nicotine from an e-cig is absorbed by the oromuscoal and not the lungs. If we have this, then eCigs would have the same action as nicotine inhalers and sprays, and would fall under the same Schedule 4 exception. You still couldn't sell it locally without TGA approval, but you could import without a script.

2. Get eJuice moved to S6. This makes the most sense since there is already a vetinary usage in there with a limit of 30mg/ml. It's also similar to how the UK works where concentration is limited to 72mg/ml maximum.

Unofrtunatelyit would also be the most difficult as it would essentially mean that "recreational" usage is also legal - something our health authorities are desperate to avoid.

There is a third option, but it's far from preferable. Lie. Since nic juice is chemically almost identical to nicotine spray, you could import it and if ever asked questions, claim that you are going to use it as a spray. Dodgy? Definately, but it is an existing loophole.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast